36 The Russian Space Museum

The Russian Space Museum

Posted on June 10, 2009 by

Russian space museum 1

How about paying a visit to Russian Space exploration museum? If it seems like a good idea then come inside for it.

The Yuri Gagarin greats your in the hall and invites to see seventy more photos of what inside.

Russian space museum 3

This is the world's first biological satellite, in which Russian dog "Laika" has made its first flight in 1957. It's of actual size on display.

Russian space museum 3

And here her colleague "Belka".

36 Responses to “The Russian Space Museum”

1. Johnny says:

Soviet Space Program was the greatest ever, it rules in eternity and will never be beaten!
    You have to love Space dogs, too!

2. pimp says:

So “Belka”and“Strelka” are real dogs or just a myth?

3. Maddcowe says:

I like #74 the best. Where can I get a vacuum massage for my lower body?

4. Steamed Mcqueen says:

Very nice place, I’ve been there. However one thing is sorely missing in this and other space museums in Russia… any type of memorial to the cosmonauts that were lost in accidents.

Not to dis Gagarin, but no, he wasn’t the first person in space, or even the first one to make it back from space alive. He was just the first one to land on Russian soil and even then he landed off course, at least according to these guys: http://www.lostcosmonauts.com

• Chris says:

Interesting, thanks for the link.

• Kirov says:

I haven’t seen such garbage in at least a week. What next? Moon landing was not real?

• Millard says:

Man, there are a lot of nuts in the world. If it was fake, don’t you think at the time the Soviets would have claimed it? Just look at the Soviet Space Shuttle. It’s clearly a copied design of the US, just like so much of their tech. Watch the movie “The Inner Circle.” The video lost were only lost recently, come on. Do you really think the whole NASA budget and the millions working on the space project were just a way for JFK to lie to everyone? That’s sad you believe that. You probably believe Obama’s a Kenyan woman, too.

5. SCBrain says:

Wow! I’ve been to the space museum a number of times, but it was under remont the last time I was in Moscow. They’ve really improved it! It used to be small and dark, but now it seems large and light, with many more exhibits than previously. I look forward to visiting soon.

• Finik says:

So called Brain – remont? Remontti? You can´t just take away some letters..:)) eller du kanske kommer från kusten(från franskans remonter som bland annat betyder förse med nya hästar)

• SCBrain says:

So called Finik: Remont is Russian for renovation.

Practice your manners.

• SCBrain says:

So called Finik: Remont is Russian for renovation.

People visiting a Russian site might consider this before giving a philological lecture in Swedish.

Practice your manners.

• Finik says:

Remonten skulle vara av ädel härstamning (varmblodshäst), lämplig som ridhäst och ha en mankhöjd av minst 151 cm.

Viktiga saker skall minsann icke glömmas. Vittu.

6. Finik says:

Sorry, forgot to keep on facts. Where are these kinky-parties held? Is Strelka available for a private show?

7. Thad says:

Cool photos and captions. I’ve been reading “The Right Stuff,” so this was really interesting. Thanks.

8. krystallos says:

Some very interesting history. Would love to check it out in person but this is probably as close as I will ever get. Thanks.

9. Adolfo Camara says:

My favorite “English Russia” post so far!. Thank you to the editors for all the information. I hope to visit this museum some day.

10. BeyondRandom says:

great collection of pics. I like seeing the different suites they used

11. gfelstein55 says:

Wow!! These pictures are soo cool……

12. Ugly American says:

This was to be the future of the human race. Instead we got international bankers and other parasites running the planet into the ground.

Here’s some trivia – von Braun was repeatedly accused of communist sympathies and was even locked up until Speer convinced Hitler that he was critical for the German rocket program. Once the USSR got the upper hand, von Braun & his staff had a meeting where they talked about defecting to the USSR but given the brutality of the soldiers they doubted they would survive so they defected to the US instead.

Post war history would have been very different.

13. MightyMikeO says:

I love the article and page, but PLEASE get someone to clean up your English. And take a math refresher course so you can convert kilos to pounds.
    Thank you.

14. asoskay says:

Gerçekten şimdiye kadar görmediğim ve sizin sayenizde görme fırsatı bulduğum bir sergi.Teşekkür ederim.
    asoskay

15. blad3runn69 says:

awesome thank you!

16. Ian Tester says:

The “ultra heavy carrying missile” looks like the N1, the Soviet moon rocket. Comparable to the Saturn V, the four that were built failed.

17. Lidia Irey says:

Unbelievably good info on here I am grateful to have found it, I would highly recommend it for anyone searching for solutions to their problems.

18. Marvin says:

Awesome photos for spaceparaphenalia lovers !!
    Thanx for the upload !

19. It must have been hard to photograph these pictures. Thanks for the work, it looks like the type of place that I would like to visit some day

20. Peter Newman says:

Please can you help – I am trying to find out more information related to when you organised a satelitte link up to the space station in 2007 at the Al Ain Airshow.

Would it be possible to do this again?

Many thanks

Peter

21. josh says:

Dear sir

I have an invention on propulsion drive for space.
    Who can I contact that might be of interest?
    I hope it can be of any help in the Russian space expeditions.

thanks Josh

22. rugs says:

Really Good post, not often can I find such magnificance. Do you write any websites with similar content?

23. Dave Stern says:

Outstanding space history and now I know who other “barkers of great annoyance” (Russian Dog-gononauts are that followed Laika into space. Is there an archivist who cn assist with images of the Russian space program? I have some material to trade from our programs. Thank you. David-aviation-aerospace history researcher, writer and published author.

24. Knut Holt says:

There is a distict difference between shapes and practical solutions of (Sovyet-)Russian and American space technology that can only be contributed to cultural traditions and esthetic taste. In that respect the Russian solutians are coolest, I think.

25. ken Gorman says:

was the Buran space shuttle ever used ??