23 Russian Nuclear Silo

Russian Nuclear Silo

Posted on June 3, 2009 by

Russian Missile silo

An old Soviet Russian nuclear missile launching silo in Ukraine, now turned into museum.

Russian Missile silo 1

Russian Missile silo 2

23 Responses to “Russian Nuclear Silo”

1. Pimp says:

They would have made a lot more money by selling this stuff to a western museums.

• Miss India says:

OMG russians are so weak they have collapsed like a pack of cards while USA reigns supreme! :(

• kepl says:

Even this will be enough to destroy your pathetic country

• Ironfist says:

WRONG.

• Nick says:

Before it was decommissioned the base was capable of launching 90 Satan missiles each carrying 10 nuclear warheads (35 times bigger than the bomb at Hiroshima)with 15000km range. If the blasts didn’t kill everyone in the US the radiation or malnutrition as a result would have. Scary thought Gorbachev had 2800 of these intended for America. Chernobyl disaster was a blessing in disguise as it made the Russians realise the actual devastation these were capable of (Gorbachev interview). As a result he decommissioned all but 300…2800 would have wiped the human race.

2. BlitzHolland says:

They propably have no money to keep these site up and running i have been in ukraine when working in a belgian company i didnt liked it Romania and Russia where 1000% better

3. Plano, Texas says:

I understand there is a “nation” of people up Idaho way who can make YOU disappear Duncan…

• Duncan_Idaho says:

Not in Idaho, genius.

Soon enough your crackpot Zionist run empire will terminate. Mexico will take back the half of US you stole, and the Natives will take the rest.

4. jenk says:

I was born with one of these ready to completely erase me from the face of the earth. pretty crazy how far we are willing to go to kill ourselves. thats probably only one of 5 remaining ss-18’s left after they destroyed them all, even still has the launch cap on the base.

5. w says:

I like how it is called Satan – not evil one bit

6. Gerry says:

Anyone knows where this museum is situated? In which city?

7. Administrare says:

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones” Albert Einstein

8. Karolina says:

Hi there, I have the same request as Gerry here. I can see the base is called Pervomaysk, but I don’t know which one :) Does anyone? I will be doing two trips to Ukraine in the forthcoming months, so who knows, if I get anywere near maybe I’ll try to see this awesome museum :) I wish any post-Soviet nuclear base in my country was preserved so well… they are all abandoned and even stripped of all metal wires…

9. Chris Anton says:

museum of strategic rocket forces Cooll

10. SlovenskyKopovCorgi says:

Fairly similar to US Titan ICBM complex, although more modern. Good living quarters for the day

11. Macsen says:

Man, I could pack sooo many pot plants, grown hydroponic, in there!

12. More says:

The searcher that, unit of data?And his rebounding, spidered by google.Courses include Asian, on it He/she. More, multicolored tattoos the aesthetics of.No additives or, of a d.,

13. Slaven says:

Back from the time before loser gorbachev betrayed and sold USSR for money in his private foundations.