28 Medieval Fight

Medieval Fight

Posted on May 27, 2009 by

Russian medieval fight

Another Russian fun to dress into the medieval Russian warriors, then build some castles of wood logs and play real time 3d strategies, without using computers, but with real iron weapons. Some parties also use fire to burn the castle down and occupy it.

Russian medieval fight 1

Russian medieval fight 2

28 Responses to “Medieval Fight”

1. sheffield says:

• Kirov says:

‘Rus’ warriors did not look like this. these people saw too much IVANHOE movies!!! Rus warriors dressed in molting bear skins and had prehistoric lada’s.

2. Alex_AW says:

I’d rather say they look like medieval crusaders then Slavic warriors.

• laser beam says:

It seems that in this play Slavic warriors are protecting the fortress and German crusaders are attacking. These guys represent both sides.

3. Vektor----> says:

I want to say that I am very scared of wars or dying, I am glad that there is a little less fighting in this century.

I like guns though, shooting real guns and playing Counter-Strike!

• too much vodka says:

Don’t worry, Vektor, dying is only annoying the first time, once you get used to it it is not as bad as people think it is.

4. The Dude says:

They got too much time on their hands :)

5. sm says:

Re-enacting Aleksandr Nevsky?

6. Anrkist says:

There’s a serious lack of females there. I guess dorks everywhere have trouble getting laid.

7. scot says:

I love it… like being nine years old again. I never had my own fort though. :(

8. NA says:

Laire! I killed the king!

9. Annabelle Lee says:

This kind of games is popular worldwide, not only in Russian.
    But the people’s costumes looks more like medieval Europe than old Russian..

• Annabelle Lee says:

…which is most probably because the theme of this particular game has nothing to do with Russia.

• Russianlynxy says:

The guys defending the fort look somewhat like “Russian knights” …you can tell by their helmet shape and chain mail armor with leather which was typically the Viking/Middle Eastern warrior look.

The guys attacking look nothing less than French/Germanic knights of some order.

looks like it’s a re-enactment of a crusade…or something of that sort.

Catholic nations had tried a couple times to “Christionize” ancient Rus people. An example of this is when the Teutonic Order conflicted Grand Duke Alexander Nevsky of Novgorod’s army at lake Peipus (near Pskov and modern day Estonia)

10. w says:

I like skipping and picking wildflowers as much as the next man but this is just gay

11. JueMaus says:

Wow this looks like that role-playing game McLovin and his friends were playing in “Role Models”. What’s the Russian word for “dork”, “nerd”, or “geek”?

• Russianlynxy says:

there isn’t really… the closest thing i can think of is “ochkarik” (means four-eyes…referring to studious, “really good at school” type kids)

no dorks in russian language. sry

12. BlitzHolland says:

Damn i want to take some time place in medieval fight

13. CZenda says:

One side of the conflict is clearly the “Order of the Teutonic Knights of St. Mary’s Hospital in Jerusalem” (quite a mouthful, huh :-D) or simply “The Order of Teutonic/German Knights”. The giveaway is black cross on the white background used on the clothing and shields.
    I admit I do not recognize the other coats of arms.

14. Robban says:

omg that suck, get some proper hooray in Moscow instead =D

15. a says:

there is nothing more honorable than to take your enemy’s head off with a blunt piece of metal.

16. Mike says:

The American version is called the SCA (SCA.org). No fire, no live steel, but large rattan poles that still hurt like there’s no tomorrow.

17. girls games says:

Do you love playing games online? Do you spend several hours online searching for the best games and best gaming websites? Do you get excited when you find new dress up games? Do you spend several hours playing dressup games? Then you are in the best place girls games. You will find hundreds of dress up games at Colordressup.com .

18. Ben says:

I like the picture with the robot eye, I did nto know we had such thing in the world, most of the old films are not becoming reality, it is funny but also very scary!!!

19. Ben says:

I forgot to say, beautiful pictures of the medieval Time.

20. Steve says:

I forgot to say, beautiful pictures of the medieval Time