19 No Road Markings, Please

No Road Markings, Please

Posted on May 10, 2009 by

Driving in Russia is largerly intuitive, who needs road markings when he controls the situation? And this video is a good proof for this statement.

More from our network:

19 Responses to “No Road Markings, Please”

1. Boris Abramov says:

One of the best entries on englishrussia.

Thanks

• Miss India says:

OMG because 85% of russia cannot afford cars they don’t have to put up with nearly as much traffic as the rest of the world which means they can get by with stop signs and parking in the median just like every other place in the world without a lot of traffic. if russia ever can actually afford to put its citizens on the road, they’ll find their roads to be inadequate. sad really :(

• Kat says:

Agreed!!!

2. Jason says:

секунда

было почти первым

3. AGA says:

Ya skoro sebya ubyu

4. Jose says:

what was the point of that vid? to show you can park anywhere? yawn

• Chris says:

It takes skill to drive in chaotic conditions. I prefer order and consider myself a relatively skilled driver but definitely not skilled enough to drive in those conditions.

Not sure how you possibly cannot be impressed by the driving skills displayed in the video. Not that I approve such driving.

5. Ole says:

I guess the point of the video is to show that people drive on both the right and the left. Obviously many of them have never taken lessons. Presumably they feel that they are “in control” of the situation, which explains why there are so few accidents in Russia.

• Chris says:

They’re obviously more in control than most Canadian and American drivers in the same conditions.

If North American drivers were put into those conditions and they drove the same way there would have been 50 accidents before the end of the video.

Ok, maybe one or accidents as everyone would slow down (hopefully) if they saw an accident.

6. John says:

I can’t believe there wasn’t at least 1 accident at that intersection in that video clip!
    If that same intersection was here in Toronto there would be a mushroom cloud over the whole city 2-3 times a day.
    There would be demonstrations over it in China.

7. boriska says:

Spontaneous order.

8. Ivan phuckupski says:

Goes to show that when given the choice of common sense and rules, comman sense usually provails…unless your of course your American, in which case your likely to get lost in a packet of cheese balls if there are no instructions on the packet…

9. Robban says:

omg I’ve kinda falled in love with Russia as a country last time I was there but I’m having my doubts about driving there from Sweden, Stockholm, boat, Tallinn-St:Petersburg-Moscow, and mind you I’m on a bike if I’m doing it at all… please just shout out your pro’s and cons… lol
    sry for the eventually poor English.
    Congrats on the Gold BTW! We Swedes only got the Bronze but at least we owned the Americans! =)

10. Zarathustra says:

Funny music. Does anybody know who wrote it?

11. Ole says:

the drives are obviously skilled and are pros. who needs road marks when your a pro?

12. Gael says:

Usually I do not post on posts, but I would like to say that this site really forced me to do it! Thanks, very good post.