21 Orchestra in a Subway

Orchestra in a Subway

Posted on April 21, 2009 by

Yesterday there was a symphony orchestra performance right in the metro hallway. Trains came, people were coming in and out and then the music started. See the video below.

21 Responses to “Orchestra in a Subway”

1. archz says:

damn! Can’t you just die?:( It’s great that orchestra comes out into the streets. I wish there were more concerts like this in our streets too. :)

2. Ash says:

That’s hilarious, and also pretty cool!

3. Mister Estonia says:

OMG..Russians are so poor that their orchestra have to resort to playing in a dirty subway rather than in an opera hall :|

4. Jerika says:

Russian subway stations have always been elegant.

Marble floors and walls,statues and chandeliers hanging from the ceiling.

5. Miss China says:

I rule all of USA NOW. give me usa imperial stations Czechia, Estonia, and let’s see… Hungeria, along with dependencies France and Germany.

6. bruc says:

I have a Russia wife so I’ve been to Russia many times.
    I think it’s wonderful to be in Moscow and see the musicians playing in the beautiful Metro, on the sidewalks and under ground street crossings.
    The Russian people are rich, not poor, they not only have the most beautiful women in the world,they have a REAL Culture!

7. cigar92 says:

Excellent; although the choice of music is not what I would have expected from a russian orchestra; West Side Story by Leonard Bernstein. A tale of New York if ever there was one!

8. Eugen says:

Guys, actually it was not in Russia. This performance was in Ukraine (Kharkov). And it was not for get some money but only for people. It was really great.

9. w says:

Next russians will be dining out in public toilets how strange

10. petrolhead says:

This was in Kharkiv, Ukraine. Not in Russia :P

11. Pizdoball says:

That’s okay that you cannot see a world of difference between Moscow and Kharkiv)))

But…
    WWelcome Moscow I thing i’ll give you some vodka to drink and that we’ll ride in Siberia by the white bears.
    No Coca-Cola only vodka )

a joke.

12. Yura says:

If I remember correctly, the theater is actually located very close to this station

13. Andrew says:

Hehe… It’s not Russia… It’s Ukraine, Kharkov…
    And, btw, this concert was a very nice idea overall :)

14. Hi there, I just now come across your blog whilst browsing around Google as I am looking for some material on electric cellos!. I think it’s a very interesting site so I have bookmarked this site and will come back tomorrow to give it a more detailed browse when I’m more free.