48 Only in Russia 20

Only in Russia 20

Posted on April 21, 2009 by

Russian life

This weeks submitted photos of the casual moments of life in Russia. Only in Russia.

Russian life 2

Russian life 3

48 Responses to “Only in Russia 20”

1. OMG Russians are so far from western standards of living, they live in ugly commieblocks and wear cheap turkish clothes. I feel sorry for Russian people :-(

• zip says:

Keep working on grammar, Estonia Estonia :-)

• Zemlyane says:

I SAID TO STFU MISS INDIA

Also are those BMP’s have a quicky round the back

• Chris says:

Really, seen the pictures from around New Orleans recently? or the pictures of tent cities around your ‘first world’ country? or the starvation going on in inner city Detroit? The US can match Russia degradation for degradation and for you to suggest different implies you have some seriously large blinkers on. I read an article a few days ago that you are more likely to be shot in some US cities than if you live in the Gaza strip! So I suggest you get off your high horse and take a LONG HARD look at your own country before condemning other countries.

2. Miss Zalupa says:

first…

3. asddsadsa says:

Why turkish? I bet pirate clothes from russia are cheaper.

4. BTR-60 says:

Hehe nice.. these two BTR-60 remind me of one thing i saw on some web site , “make LOVE not WAR”

5. scot says:

Yes – we know you do.

Anyway – I have some questions (not for you, Miss Incontinent, as you always post then run away).

1) Is there a story behind the nude granny swimming in the flood?

2) What are the hooligans jumping and throwing stones at?

The best one is the geezer at the wedding.

6. canadian_person says:

photo #6 – what do the girls’ shirts say? it looks like some kind of advertisment (?)

photo #12 – what does the billboard say?

thanks in advance for the translation help.

CP

• Rodriguez says:

fit girl’s shirt say ‘after arhivation’, fat girl’s shirt says ‘before arhivcation’, its WinRar ad

billboard transcription- Oleno(name of this woman)! I Love You! Mosquito

7. Josh says:

Did anyone else notice the grim reaper in the pic with the cops?

• Eryk says:

Exactly …this freaked me out!

I WANNA GO TO RUSSIA

• angella australia says:

actually the grim reaper all makes sense as goats generally are used in art as representatives of the devil.

that goat is going to rape that fat police man till he dies…………evil goat…….

8. Vasya Pupkin says:

I wonder when you guys are gonna see the difference between Russia and Ukraine.

9. canadian_person says:

Thanks Rodriguez for the translation (also it’s “archive” :)

Punx, I agree, that’s a nasty ad (and the ‘before compression’ girl doesn’t really look terrible, IMHO, I hope they’re paying her well).

But you can keep using WinRAR, just ignore the popup asking you to pay for using the software…

• Xpltivdletd says:

Terrible? Were I 25 or 30 years younger, I would be head-over-heels in lust. I hope she has some clue she’s a fox. Best regards.

10. Jason says:

More random pics to keep this site going!

Pepsi is it on this page,22 rubles=around 80-90 cents US.

11. name says:

@scot:
    2) What are the hooligans jumping and throwing stones at?

the picture is taken last week in Moldavia, Chisineu – during the revolt

12. adsadad says:

Russia does not produce anything except oil. Commonly, Russian production is extremely poor yet expensive. There could be some foreign productions located in Russia, but it is well known that they are terrorized by the so-called “Russian state” (like anyone who lives there).

• lol says:

Russia is the #2 exporter of cabbage.

• Xpltivdletd says:

“…does not produce anything but oil?” Don’t you mean Arabs? Russia produces more.

Does Kalashnikov ring any bells? How about Simonov? Those are 2 standards of small-arms reliability in any man’s language.

Then there are some military jets made by Russians who didn’t get the memo (that you can’t fly a fighter backwards, or enter & exit a flat-spin at will, to amuse yourself). So they build fighters that do it anyway. I will try to return with some YouTube urls.

I have no opinion on arts, but on machinery IMO there ARE a few things Russians have made rather well. Best regards.

13. Xpltivdletd says:

If anyone has already remarked on:

I missed it and I apologize. I hope that was staged–safely (or at least with a weldor’s face-shield)!

14. Xpltivdletd says:

OK, and I don’t care WHERE this is. I’m not here to trash it. That Railroad Bridge…

…is a visual play-on-words I with I had thought-of, first. My compliments!

15. Xpltivdletd says:

Is this photo:

–a bus-stop shelter falling into a sinkhole while people sitting in it have not noticed?

16. alex_rus says:

Nice photoes.

17. Remco says:

Photo 16: This happened right after the football match Saturn Ramenskoye – Zenit Saint Petersburg. This policeman, among others, was almost crushed to death by an over-enthousiastic audience after Zenit became Russia’s champions in 2007. I was present and I can tell you that it didn’t make me laugh.

For the rest: great site of course.

18. sftomee says:

poor girl in 2nd pic… :| she dead?

19. TechXS says:

omg the girl in picture #3 is beautiful… how does someone as wonderful as that end up in a spot like that? I want to
    go give her a hug, just let her know everything’s alright and there is still light in the world.

20. Arie says:

for the 2nd picture–> No i think she is sleeping.

21. Whereisaron says:

Wonderful images.. I’m very curious.

22. Liontin says:

Nice pictures.. I’m also curious on some of this.

23. TechXS says:

girl in pic 2 (who i meant in earlier post) could use a place to sleep, eh?

24. martin fowler says:

It seems that every one is Russia is a total waste of time.We otta drop a few nukes and get rid of them all

25. Elena says:

Russia is an ancient country with historical, profound traditions and a very powerful moral foundation. And this foundation is a love for the Motherland and patriotism. Patriotism in the best sense of that word. Incidentally, I think that to a certain extent, to a significant extent, this is also attributable to the American people.

26. jessicaj says:

grim reaper on #8! eeek!

27. GORE_05 says:

i strongly agree!!!

28. Monica says:

Only in Russia …Nice post

29. SHA&MONKEYSFLYOUTTAMYBUTT says:

These are some of the dumbest comments I’ve ever seen. I think any rational person would know that this is not representitive of ALL of Russia. That said, Russia’s general living standards are no where near that of most of the US.
    To the rants about loving the government & & the government caring about it’s people…. what a load… i guess you people forget the pics. of people standing in line for hours for butt wipe & bread…. yeah, communism works great…that’s why it collapsed & they had to ask the west for aid. Since then i think the Russian Mob has more power than the government

30. Igrice says:

These pictures are so funny… love it, it just make my day… thnx

31. [...] Sursa: englishrussia.com [...]

32. alex303 says:

Russia the best

33. Tiaan says:

Come to Africa and see for yourself.

34. KENAN says:

MERHABA GÜZEL RUS KIZLARI BAYANLARI BEN KENAN TÜRK ERKEĞİ OLARAK SİZ BAYANLARA ÇOK YAZIĞIM GELİYOR ÇOK ACIYORUM BAYANLARIM BUKADAR MÜKEMMMEL GÜZELLİKLERİNE KARŞI SİZİN ERKEKLERİNİZ NASILDA OLUR SİZLERİ TATMİN EDEMİYORLAR HAYATINA RENK KATMAK İSTEYEN BAYAN ARKADAŞLARA DUYURULUR YATAĞIMDA ÜZERİME TANIMAM BAĞIMLILIK YAPACAK BİR OSMANLI EVLADI VE ERKEĞİĞİMMM E MAİL :kenanaga65@hotmail.com tel:+ 90 0533 3846785