43 Russian Guide for Tag Removals

Russian Guide for Tag Removals

Posted on April 15, 2009 by

Remove cloths tag in shops, from Russia

In Russia they sometimes publish some things in blogs that might be considered unethical to publish in some places. For examples this is a guide for removal a magnetic security tag you can meet in dress stores. Person who published this says it's just for fun, or for using in actual store or just to use if you got the item and they forgot to remove the tag in the store so you can do it by yourself. It's kind of his disclaimer.

So if to get back to the guide all one would need is

...is a very strong magnet. "In everyday life the most strong magnet you can get is the magnet from the computer's Hard Drive. You can usually get one non-working disk from some computer store who sells used hardware. It would cost you dollar or two", says the author.

Remove cloths tag in shops, from Russia 2

"The magnet itself is glued to the surface - you need to insert the blade between the magnet and the disk and then you have a magnet!"

Remove cloths tag in shops, from Russia 3

"One magnet might be not enough, you gotta get a few of such for best results. But beware - anything magnetically-sensitive like credit card or small electronic devices should be taken away from it - or it can be easily harmed"

43 Responses to “Russian Guide for Tag Removals”

1. Miss Russia says:

OMG Russians are so poor that they have to steal from the stores :-(

2. Overlord says:

This has been known in the US for years.The tag system is defeatable as is the magnetic strip system…you just have to know how.I spent a lot lunch hours trying to figure out how people were stealing from the big box hardware store I was a manager at.It is amazing and at the same time sad that they were so clever and yet so crooked at the same time.Remember the ink tags they had at clothing stores?..there was a way to thwart those to..

3. CZenda says:

I sex in public places

4. Finnlander says:

I sex with woman

5. Bubbles says:

this is useful, my dad once bought something where they left the ink tag on. He managed to remove it with a hacksaw…

6. Ash says:

Oh, hey, handy! I didn’t know that!

7. Real CZenda, not the impostor says:

I put the bloody thing into a vice, smashed it with a hammer – it just would not fall apart, the plastic was surprisingly flexible. Only the trusty angle grinder did the job.
    What I found inside was a grooved pin with a Seeger ring which I had to bend free with two pairs of pliers.
    I do not believe it would be possible to remove the thing with a magnet, no matter how strong.

8. Max_Braun says:

How do you think they do it in the store? Ever seen that plate they place it on? (you know, the one with the magnet in it?) Or does your local Tesco use an angle grinder?

• Real CZenda, not the impostor says:

The Seeger ring is not the “normal” C-shaped Seeger ring used e.g. for bearings etc.
      If they use a magnet, then I think they use it to de-magnetize the metal foils located inside the flag. I am inclined to believe the foils are some sort of condenser, but I am loath to google the principle of their function.

9. Impostor says:

Hmmmmmm who should I be next,lets see now….I have been CZenda and Kirov…..Hmmmmmmm!

10. jaybeecity says:

Excellent, im going shop lifting tomorrow thanks to the info in this guide.

11. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

Dearest angella,

Please pay special attention to the technique illustrated in this post. After we are married I may put you to work shoplifting from nice shops in Western nations, in order to help raise money for jihad.

You have a great fighting spirit, so I know you will make an excellent thief. If you are caught it will be even better, because you can scream “discrimination” and get big checks from the store owner.

Yours in creative fundraising,
    M. Ahmadinejad
    V.P. Fundraising, Jihad Inc.

12. sliders_alpha says:

your so awesome…

13. Nina GER says:

too true.

14. ___ says:

I’m in jail. It didn’t work.

15. Finnish Flash says:

I would have needed that trick once. My wife bought a jacket from a fine boutique and the clerk forgot to remove the alarm tag. She didn’t notice until we had to go to a party in a hurry and the clock was already after closing time.

You can imagine she was a little upset, either not to wear an expensive jacket in a party which the thing was originally bought for or look like a thief :D

16. CrazyIvan says:

Thats why Russians have best tanks, airplanes, and rifles :P

Because everyone has Engineers mind lol

17. David says:

They should call this a criminal minds tutorial. LOL

18. tab_da_man says:

You cannot harm a credit card through a magnet or electromagnet.

• Goo says:

yes you can. it will erase the data on the magstripe (brown/black stripe on the back). try it with your credit card and then go to the store to buy something

19. [...] wacky Russians have figured out how to remove security tags from clothes. But of course, who else would expect to find something like this [...]

20. Zap Rowsdower says:

Well, looks like I just found out how to afford a new winter wardrobe.

21. No, they use a special key which they insert into a very narrow slot located between the halves of the tag.

22. I am at serious doubt this would work for the tags used in local Tesco. Some time ago, I bought a jacket there and only after bringing it home, I realized the cashier did not remove the tag which, surprisingly, did not cause any alarm in the shop.

23. cerita seks says:

I put the bloody thing into a vice, smashed it with a hammer – it just would not fall apart, the plastic was surprisingly flexible. Only the trusty angle grinder didthe job

24. cerita reeks says:

25. Amelia Gray says:

i always watch the tv program Criminal Minds it is quite interesting;”‘

26. Criminal Minds is a great tv-series, i it just like CSI in my opinion but only better;.~

27. Leon Murray says:

the thing i like about Criminal Minds is the suspense::’

28. i love the storyline of Criminal Minds, i watch this program on Fox tv.~:

29. [...] more of English Russia: nbspnbspRussian Guide for Tag Removals nbspnbspThe Bag Newspaper nbspnbspAnother Explosion in [...]

30. [...] more of English Russia: nbspnbspRussian Guide for Tag Removals nbspnbspThe Bag Newspaper nbspnbspAnother Explosion in [...]