39 Pseudo Goth Church

Pseudo Goth Church

Posted on March 29, 2009 by

Russian goth church

In Russia there are no Goth Cathedrals or Churches, just because Russian Orthodox church, the dominating confession are Russia is not a Goth style guys, neither now nor centuries before.

They preferred their original Russian architectural desings or sometimes copied from Eastern church - from Byzantium, modern Turkey, from where this church branch has originated.

But it's not by chance they say that in Russia East and West meet. Sometimes Russian church architects of the past has built something reminding the goth cathedrals of Europe combined with traditional Russian design elements. Those were called pseudo-goth churches. Here is one of such.

Russian goth church 2

Russian goth church 3

39 Responses to “Pseudo Goth Church”

1. CZenda says:

19th century. A “modern” reminiscence of the true (historic) Gothic style.

2. troxa says:

the girl statue is hot

3. Unknown says:

Gorgeous.

Monica Broadhole: Be quiet.

4. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

This beautiful building will make an excellent mosque someday, although our new ones are much nicer and more comfortable. Still, this one will make a wonderful historic example of how the Christian infidels failed to maintain their culture and allowed themselves to be dominated by Islam. Of course, when you consider that Islam is led by charismatic, intelligent, witty, charming, sexy, modest men like me, is it any wonder it dominates? All this church needs to become an acceptable mosque is:

1. The steeple with the cross to be replaced by a large round dome with a crescent on top.
    2. The faces in the painting in photo # 6 to be rubbed out.
    3. The statue of the naked lady in photo # 14 to be removed from public view and destroyed. I will have it dropped off at my place for destruction . . . later.
    4. Appropriate outdoor ablution facilities for washing of feet.
    5. Some nice prayer rugs and some shoe racks inside the foyer.
    6. A nice plague outside to commemorate the dominance of Islamic culture and the failure of the Christian culture.
    7. The dogs in photo # 11 to be sold to Mr. Soon and shipped to his Chinese restaurant in Belarus.
    8. A vendor stand to sell postcards, refrigerator magnets, grilled corn-on-the-cob, pretzels, books about how glorious the Christian church used to be, and other assorted junk to trade for tourists’ money. Proceeds will go toward upkeep of the mosque.
    9. Some beggars, preferably blind, under-age, and/or very elderly – as ragged and pitiful as possible – and some pickpockets to get the money the tight-fisted tourists would not spend on items listed above in # 8.

Yours in culturally-aware architecture and maximum penetration of tourist market,
    M. Ahmadinejad
    Chairman, CCCP (Christian Church Conversion Panel).

• Jason says:

Are you another son of Sadam Husseine ?

• Jason says:

Sorry I insulted you.

I think SSSR is being a copycat for some reason!
        His comment did not land in the right spot.

• angella ahmadinejad says:

the statue in the photo looks remarkably like me o’ mail order husband.

yours in peace and happiness

the future Mrs Ahmadinejad.

• Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

Dearest Angella,

Thank you for revealing more of yourself to me, my love. Truly I am now more excited than ever to grope you in my arms, like a bear pawing at a bee hive to lick the honey from within.

You truly are a statuesque beauty.

Wishing you patience as you long for me,
        M. Ahmadinejad

• scot says:

Yes – a nice plague outside would be nice

• Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

Dear scot, my friend from the north,

Please pardon my misspelling of plaque and my failure to properly proofread and edit my post, and thank you for your witty way of bringing it to my attention.

However, as you suggest, sometimes a plague is also helpful, especially where the infidels are concerned.

With a promise of better editing,
        M. Ahmadinejad
        Able to take constructive criticism

• Finik says:

i think this time Mr. Ahmadinejad has had a couple of too many fresh-squeezed glasses of orange juice outside the Blue mosquee in Istanbul…

• Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

Promises, promises. Putin has been promising to give me missiles for years, playing me like a poor village girl who receives sly winks from the village pretty-boy, but never a consummation of love.

That’s okay, because I will show him when my little friend in North Korea gives me what I need.

5. Half-Breed says:

almost as corny as the Я on english Russia new logo

6. Jason says:

I like the white churches with the gold domes that shine in the sun light better.

7. SSSR says:

Are you another son of Sadam Husseine?

8. bla says:

Founded by the Greeks but is in modern Turkey.

• zax says:

The largest part is in modern Greece. The rest, for example, it’s capital Constantinople (today’s Istanbul) is in modern Turkey. So you are both right.

9. Kirov says:

I would like to see more girls with large breasts in front of htese old churches. I like large breast and girls, too. But not the tea-bag tye, firm natural large breasts, like Medvedevs wife has. I like that.

10. Finik says:

11. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

Dear friend from the north,

With a promise of better editing,
    M. Ahmadinejad
    Able to take constructive criticism

12. Miss India says:

OMG I wish gay marriage was legal in India :-(

13. Ash says:

The architecture is quite beautiful.

14. [...] what would a blogging trip into Russia be if we didn’t have at least a small snippet on some bit of Russian architecture. Russia’s churches are unique in that there really aren’t any of the Goth persuasion, [...]

15. Zhuk says:

Московская обл. Быково. Усадьба Измайловых и Баженовская церковь.
    Одним из лучших произведений В.И.Баженова можно считать Владимирскую церковь в селе Быково, постройка которой была закончена в 1789 году. Особенно интересен западный фасад с изящными парными башнями-колокольнями и двухмаршевой белокаменной лестницей с красивой балюстрадой.
    Лестница вела в верхнюю летнюю церковь Владимирской Божией Матери. Под лестницей – портал входа в зимнюю церковь Рождества Христова (ныне действующую).
    В.И.Баженов любил необычные планировочные и объемные композиции. Быковский храм – овальный в плане.
    Боковые фасады церкви украшены парными двухколонными портиками, увенчанными остроконечными пирамидами.
    В середине XIX века рядом с храмом была построена отдельно стоящаая колокольня.

16. Ars longa, vita brevis….

17. FlowerBeauty says:

Добрый день. Прошу у Вас помощи. У меня сложилась очень нерадужная ситуация. Дело в том, что мой блог с недавнего времени перестал показываться в поиске Яндекса. Сам блог проиндексирован, то есть если посмотреть наличие конкретной страницы в результатах поиска, то она там имеется. А вот по поисковым запросам, да и по точным текстовым вхождениям сайт не находится. При чём его нет не только в 100, но даже в 1000 показов. Ума не приложу, что случилось. Сайт был доступен, перебоев у хостера не было. А обнаружил энто – в статистике ЛивИнтернет, который вдруг стал показывать гораздо меньшее количество посещений.
    Кстати, читатели с Гугла и Рамблера идут в прежних объёмах.

18. Glavniru says:

Моя история из жизни: мы как-то с мамой ехали в маршрутке,( мама спец по всем видам мяса на глаз определяет что это), на остановке залазит подвипывший мужик с куском свежака в одноразовом пакете. Едем. Маршрутка резко тормозит,мужик по инерции бежит вперед и пакет рвется ,оттуда выпадет свежак ,дальше мамины слова- ” Мужчина,у вас вымя выпало!” я медленно сползаю под сиденье , пассажиры ржут, мужик красный – выбегает на следующей остановке :)))

19. Fermulatka says:

Это мы уверенно ходим на двух ногах пять дней в неделю.

20. Hey! I like your site but I’m having trouble getting it to display right in the Nautilus browser. You might want to doublecheck your css. True That! :)

21. Comfortabl y, the article is in reality the finest on this valuable topic. I harmonise with your conclusions and can thirstily look forward to your coming updates. Just saying thanks will certainly not simply just be sufficient, for the excellent clarity in your writing. I will certainly instantly grab your rss feed to stay privy of any updates. Fabulous work and much success in your business dealings!

22. Nicotine : says:

wooden shoe racks are good but i think metal shoe racks lasts longer :