23 Soviet Science Mag Covers

Soviet Science Mag Covers

Posted on March 11, 2009 by

Cover of Soviet Russian science magazine

It was a one and only popular science magazine in Soviet Union, it was mainly oriented to young people but all Russian people of all ages enjoyed reading it.

Cover of Soviet Russian science magazine 1

Cover of Soviet Russian science magazine 2

Also see this:

23 Responses to “Soviet Science Mag Covers”

1. CZenda says:

I found a trunkful of similar magazines from late 50s to mid 60s while cleaning in my wife´s granny weekend house! They are super-cool, the relics of the times when it seemed the technologies were omnipotent!
    Great post.

2. Gena says:

Great Stuff! Back in Kharkov we had a store not so far from my house called “Unii Tehnik” or “Youth technician” where they sold these.

3. brbrbr says:

wrong. i remember at least 14 popular science magazines at least.
    but i agree, TM – one of best and my favourite in childhood.
    (and not bad up 2 2001, IMO).

4. Chris says:

Boat lift on Cover #2 is covered at http://englishrussia.com/?p=1676

5. VoDkA says:

The art work is very nice, almost un-soviet. But is it only me, or is the cover on the left, making it read from right to left.

6. adolfocamara says:

Webmaster, this is a fascinating article. If possible, more examples of science magazines would be appreciated. The illustrations are great!

7. wrd says:

Nice, a “Melkus RSS 1000″ (orange car on the 18. image)

8. Ehsan says:

That is some great collection !

9. w says:

I like young girl with webbed feet and inviting fun mouth in foto 17
    She is like I will hold your tadpoles in my mouth and hatch frogmen

10. [...] 12, 2009 Soviet Science Posted by ambland under Uncategorized   Check out this amazing photo set of covers from a Soviet popular science magazine. I love the enthusiasm for technology and movement [...]

11. authorized1 says:

that used to be a cool mag, by the way
    my grandma has still hundreds of them from the 60-70’s and I adored them as a child

12. Jason says:

Lier! Last week all Bigfoots was on my party in U.S we have hard anal sex.

13. Harry says:

I have an A level in this science

14. Kometya says:

These is very interesting material in many fields apart from collectible items, from science studies from evolution of printed media for people studying communication sciences, I’ve seen expositions of this kind of materials in museums, are these in particular displayed on any?

15. mv says:

I loved that magazine.

16. Taupey says:

I could spend many days studying these! Simply fascinating!

17. Linas Lituanus says:

Yes, that was a magazine of high quality. But it wasn’t the only popular science magazine. “Nauka i zhizn” (“The science and life”) was also relatively popular, and also teenagers had their “Yuny Technik” (“The young technician”) with and “Kvant”.

Yet Soviet republics might have a number of magazines in their national languages. At least in Lithuania, there were two such magazines, similar to “Technika molodezhi” and “Nauka i zhizn” , both in Lithuanian.

18. spacecoyote says:

The 2nd cover reminds me of Terry Gilliam’s Brazil.

19. [...] Vintage encore, une superbe collection de  couvertures de magazines scientifiques  de l’époque soviétique: http://englishrussia.com/index.php/2009/03/11/soviet-science-mag-covers/ [...]

20. Manual Guide says:

The Best User Guide, Manual Guide, Owner Guide and Circuit and Wiring Diagram Database Website

21. ily says:

http://journal-club.ru – archive soviet magazines 1922-1991 (pdf and djvu)