46 Ellipse Wings

Ellipse Wings

Posted on March 5, 2009 by

Russian Ellipse Wing Plane

Russian Ellipse Wing Plane 2

Russian Ellipse Wing Plane 3

46 Responses to “Ellipse Wings”

1. Roger says:

nice.

2. Miss India says:

OMG Russians are so backward their so called efficient plane cant even fly :(

3. Ole Juul says:

I wouldn’t mind seeing one of these in the air. From what I’ve heard the old bi-planes were more maneuverable and able to fly slower. Perhaps these ellptical wings show some of the same characteristics.

4. Miss Zimbabwe says:

OMG Russians are so poor that they have to use folded wings from crashed planes :(

5. Ole Juul says:

My mistake to take this seriously. The “photo shop” mobious version should have been a clue. I just did a bit of searching and this is not and elliptical (or ellipse) wing at all. That is a whole different concept and can be seen on such famous planes as some of the spitfires. This is called a ring wing. The article has an incorrect title.

• Dave Horsman says:

Jargon is constantly reusing descriptive words in various industries. That alone doesn’t make it a fake. It clearly is an ellipse wing.

I take it you are saying an ellipse wing would normally be elliptical from a side view?

This should fly if it is not too heavy. Did anyone see the plane with second front wing a number of years ago? Because the front wing “stalls” first the plane cannot go into a stall like conventional aircraft. Quite cool.

The lack of a clear source for the plane and technology does sort of leave it open to your challenge though.

6. Bilosh says:

Belarus at forefront of aviation!

7. Boris Abramov says:

This wing style reminds me of a giant ass hole.

• Jason says:

I can help you with that.

• Jason says:

It looks like you are very jelous of my country the USA and it’s powerful armed forces!!

Using my name while you continue with your temper tantrum will not change anything!

Your country will still suck and so will you!!!!

8. w says:

Look at it no fly!

9. [...] English Russia » Ellipse Wings "In Belarus they use planes with ellipse wings. They say it has a few benefits comparing to the simple one or double winged planes, like the wing can be less in size, it’s more firm because the ellipse form is self sustaining, also there are now air vortexes by the sides of the wings which gives up to 30% increase in power compared to the traditional planes." (tags: aeronautics design engineering-design odd) [...]

10. Detroit says:

any pictures of this actually flying?

11. Caprea says:

Wow, now I want to see you naked.

12. [...] Planes with Ellipse Wings (tags: Planes) [...]

13. I think Miss India is a member of English Russia working undercover to generate debate in the post.. Who is with me?

14. [...] English Russia has a short article on eclipse winged aircraft in Belarus. Not to be confused with Eclipse Aircraft, eclipse winged aircraft use a circular wing structure. According to English Russia this shape is better because the wings are smaller, are stringer and can increase lift up to 30%. Surprisingly, Wikipedia does not have an article on eclipse wing. [...]

15. Satan says:

They only teach childish jibberish like this in the U.S. military and in playgrounds for children under 8.

16. Fazookus says:

The problem with the mobious wing is that you can go backwards in time if you don’t recover from a stall quickly enough.

• Xpltivdletd says:

I don’t know how well “L_O_[BEEP]ing_L” makes the jump to Russian, so I will use whole words. I laughed out [BEEP]ing loud. I wish I had thought of that one, but I didn’t. You did. My compliments.

17. [...] Eliptical wings in Belarus. [...]

18. nikolai mastioukov says:

CLEVER

19. SuperDad says:

Classic Boxwing-Design – we built those Aircrafts since years (LSA-Class) and they are very safe and resistant to stalls.

20. Real viperman says:

viperman, are u always such a joke?:) But thanks anyway for making me smile, i like “men” who pretend to be such tough guys in the net, u´re cute ;) Can u hear mommy calling? I think mommy made u soup, now go and eat, then brush teeth and then it is time for tough “men” like u go to sleep :) Sleep well, cutie :)

21. Katja says:

WTF kind of plane is this? Engineers drink too much vodka. Nobody in their right mind would fly in that thing.

22. No. I am the real viperman. Becaue I had Miss India’s mom last night.

23. [...] English Russia has a short article on eclipse winged aircraft in Belarus. Not to be confused with Eclipse Aircraft, eclipse winged aircraft use a circular wing structure. According to English Russia this shape is better because the wing is smaller, is stronger and can increase lift up to 30%. Surprisingly, Wikipedia does not have an article on eclipse wing. [...]

24. [...] applies to material objects. Pretty much anything that can conceivably be built has been built, and those things that have not yet (due no doubt to technological rather than imaginative [...]

25. Xpltivdletd says:

The still-experimental Eclipse-wing aircraft can only be flown safely during a total eclipse. There was an experimental Eclipse-wing bomber flown in the late 50s, and Bad Things Happened when it could not keep up with the umbra of the eclipse. To avoid crashing, the nuclear bombs had to be dropped on North Dakota so the plane could land in Montana. Damages in ND were an estimate $26.40 (yes, we do those, too).

I get it they tell Belarus-jokes in Russia. We tell them as ND-jokes in MT, and as “Buckeye” (Ohio) jokes in WV. On whom do they tell them in Belarus? Best regards.

26. [...] Enlace: English Russia [...]

27. Romanzo says:

I worked at ASTC Antonov, so they had few design models of something like that, not flying though?…

28. Shirley says:

Oh,I can’t belive it.

29. Citizen Kaze says:

lol reading the comments is waaaay more interesting that the actual article. You guys are gold… well I’d go with fool’s gold, but a good subsitute none the less!

30. LoL machine says:

Ya haha i agree completely comment battle ftw!

31. pligg.com says:

English Russia » Ellipse Wings…

32. Juan says:

Did he died?

33. 威哥王 says:

Ya haha i agree completely comment battle ftw!