69 Some Boat

Some Boat

Posted on January 25, 2009 by

Russian luxury boat 1

Demand for the luxury in growing. One of the expanding industry is luxury boats production. New companies constantly appear offering their services in luxury boat building. Nobody had any experience first, there were no luxury boats in Soviet Russia for 70 years in a row. So some manufacturers copy their works from the Western industry, but some go their unique, Russian way, creating something looking not alike to any other, like this one made for one of the Siberian governors.

Russian luxury boat 2

Russian luxury boat 3

Russian luxury boat 4

Russian luxury boat 5

Russian luxury boat 6

Russian luxury boat 7

Russian luxury boat 8

Russian luxury boat 9

Russian luxury boat 10

More stories:

Click here to read next random post from English Russia

69 Responses to “Some Boat”

1. su says:

first dammit

why are you still alive?

2. Oh, it is kitsch… Anyway, as a friend told me, the greatest thing about Russians richs is that they spend money with excess. Western and Latin-american millionaries just buy stocks, options, debentures and other boring stuff :)

3. Juanpablo says:

This is like, the kind of industrial design they used to make in the US in the 50’s or 60’s.

It’s like all those “styling” things robert lowey used to design!

Hahhaha. Its like a Jetsons boat!! (however i never saw one in the jetsons)
    , but if i would i could have looked like this)

Are they watching Lost??

• aleke says:

Back when living in the United States and being middle class was actually desirable. Back when being American abroad gave very high status. Before the Reagan Revolution =)

4. adios says:

нихуёва кто то живёт

5. Juhani says:

This boat has a slightly different purpose, not for sea, but Siberia rivers.

That boat is a lot faster than ordinary luxury ones. That boat is designed to be indoors, maybe because it is cold, mosquitoes or engine noise.

Most probably this boat is too much on practical side, not comfort. If you look at the design from the perspective of low hanging trees, then it starts to make some sense, although still a bit funny.
    Nevertheless, for those places that boat will go, it is most probably a lot better than ordinary sea vessels. The biggest problem might be a comfortable ride (engine nose, vibrations etc) but if you want a riverworthy ship for Siberia rivers, then why not buy from the locals.

6. Nina Germany says:

HAHAHAHA LOLLIN HARD AT COUGAR SKIN :D it’s like some pimp-mobile from cheesy 70’s american movie

Russians have no taste in anything, they will buy anything as long as it’s gold/shiny/looks remotely expensive. I think it’s because of the 50 years of communism, when everything was dull and grey and ugly- poor russians didn’t have time to learn what style is. I mean, really- look at putin’s plane- it’s so over the top, that you can puke just by looking at it.

7. El_Greco says:

nice boat inside its luxury you dont need anything more

8. Starshii says:

Good old rocket turned into brothello.

• Bert says:

“Brothello”?

• Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

My friend Bert,

The term “brothello” was developed during a “product branding” exercise done some years back by owners of houses of prostitution.

Their goal: to attract the blacks, often known to each other as “brothers.”

Their method: to adopt a creative brand name that resonates with black men, while also clearly indicating the “product” or “service/s” offered.

Their solutiojn: A witty combination of the words “brother” and “bordello,” resulting in a new, clearly identifiable, and definitely memorable brand name – brothello.

Wishing you success in “cornering the market” for your product,
        M. Ahmadinejad
        Brand Manager – Jihad, Inc.

9. Russian_NYC says:

ROFL @ the disturbing double entendre involving Volga =)))

Steer clear of: floating syringes, bandages, dead fish, chemical waste, raw sewage. Better reinforce the hull with some sort of protective… I don’t know.

10. Kolombusz says:

Actually, it’s not just a boat, it’s a hydrofoil!
    Maybe from the Meteor series, they are one of the largest types of river hydrofoils, we have three of them in Hungary too. They do at least 60 km/h, and in their original layout, the can carry more than 130 people.

I like the design very much, it reflects the owner’s personality, I guess. The outside decoration is very clever, they gave it an exclusive appearence without larger modifications.

11. Fanfare says:

boat looks nice and modern

12. sabot says:

I suppose one didn’t even have to click the link to know that there would be leopard and tiger print in abundance. It was a foregone conclusion.

13. wrd says:

looks like a hydrofoil that i’ve seen in Bratislava

14. Stefan says:

As mentioned above, it is not boat, but hydrofoil. I bet this is not a new hydrofoil, just refurbished one. These were frequently seen as passenger “fast”boats in eastern block. In Slovakia, “meteors” are still in service on routes to Wienna and Budapest (on Danube): http://mujweb.cz/cestovani/lode/Dunaj-Myjava.jpg

More fydrofiol info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrofoil

15. Igor Stravinsky says:

The 1980’s called, they want their boat back.

16. [...] Nedan följer ett axplock på riktigt impoenrade bilder från båten. Resten hittar ni hos Englishrussia.  [...]

17. HEBEHA says:

haha so tacky with the leopard prints.

18. w says:

Yes it is a Meteor – and if you lost all the leopard and moo print it would be a very elegant craft. I like it.

19. [...] articles about above contraptions can be found here & [...]

20. dansun says:

Looks similar to the Quicksilver ship that goes between Wien and Budapest. (made in Russia 1985):

21. Lucania says:

Welcome to my home, Mr Bond; of course, you will never leave it…alive!

22. PS expert says:

this is clearly photoshopped, a boat with that outer design would never work out

23. That’s a very impressive boat! Looks like it’s photoshopped.

24. Looks like it’s photoshopped to me.

25. ah, yeah, this is my ship. if you want a cruise… :)

26. RegentRoy says:

It is nice if you like this kinda thing.
    But my taste differ from this boat owner.
    I would have gone in a different direction
    with the design of it.
    And if I we’re a millionaire or billionaire
    I wouldn’t waste my &&& on such things.
    I don’t have such an ego. I’d use my &&&
    to help the less fortunate.

Roy B.
    1212 Broadrick Dr.
    Dalton GA, 30720

God Bless us one and all

• sammyo41 says:

Very thoughtful post.

Kudos to the Russians for building a nice new type of boat, ship or cruise ship. I love to see this kind of news instead of bad news which is hard to get away from anymore.

If you love all folks then check out Kiva, a site for investing $25.00 to poor folks trying to live a better life.

Keep that good attitude Roy! We are here for a reason and it surely isn’t hate of our neighbors near and far.

27. Bashir says:

They still use these hydrofoils for small distances in the aegean. The problem is that with even a little wind, they are tied down at dock…
    Still, they’re quite fast when they get going.

28. Steve Lyons says:

This looks very similar to the hull design of the Shark Bar shown in this grouping. http://englishrussia.com/?p=1357 I suspect it may be a reworked soviet era hydro-plane transport hull with all luxury appointments. Very interesting.

29. [...] bilder finns här. Categories: Humor Kommentarer (0) Trackbackar (0) Kommentera [...]

30. [...] Siberian Governor’s Boat — y’all check out this boat [...]

31. rufio says:

this is awesome
    of course if u were a billionaire, u wouldnt be buying these type of boats…
    u’ll be doing what Roman Abramovich did..make your own custom super yacht..

32. James D says:

This is why Russia will be Communist again within the next 50 years. There has never been a stable middle class there. First it was a country of corrupt royalty and impoverished peasants, then it was a country of corrupt bureaucrats and impoverished peasants, now it’s a country of corrupt oligarchs/mafia and soon-to-be-peasants. Very soon, it will tilt too far out of balance again, and there will be the next Bolshevik revolution.

33. Expensive looking boat… nice pics.

Soendoro Soetanto

34. chuckfrom the cape says:

Great boat!

Looks like something out of a James Bond movie –

“Wait, don’t you want me to talk?”
    “No, Mister Bond…I want you to die!”

35. Gav says:

Not my style. Too much “Liberace” for me.

36. raymond says:

it’s very artistic!!!

37. I like your post and the pictures are amazing and it seems that you always have something very interesting to share. I want to comment that it has some front looks of European boats with some design like those found in Russian ones as well. I like the interior as it really impresses me and i think that the Governor of Siberia has really something that is valuable and precious even in the eyes of other. Thanks for the post…

38. captn Crunch says:

LOOOOOVE the bedroom!
    project for the weekend: redecorate!

39. pete beck says:

lmao are they watching the last samurai on the tv?

40. Retro says:

This look so much like american 60s futurism

41. shan says:

really amazing ship

42. I’m afraid my fellow Americans are not very educated on things of the machinery world.This is hi tech even though it was engineered in the late 60’s from a country that produced the mig25.So do your reserch before poking fun at it,its 30 meters in lenth and can cruise 40mph!

43. waddah says:

Very beautiful

44. sajad says:

new, safe and memorable place for dating. i will buy one.

45. Mobiltelefon says:

Tycker du är riktigt skön

46. Herofred says:

How many of you can afford to buy that boat that you are condemning? Cut your coat according to your size.

47. 19th says:

it is rebuilded old soviet motor ship on underwater wings “Meteor”