24 Old Moscow Again

Old Moscow Again

Posted on December 11, 2008 by

Russia, Moscow, vintage photo 1

Yet some other photos of old Moscow, Russia.

Russia, Moscow, vintage photo 2

Russia, Moscow, vintage photo 21

Russia, Moscow, vintage photo 22

Russia, Moscow, vintage photo 23

Russia, Moscow, vintage photo 24

Russia, Moscow, vintage photo 25

via victorproffesor

Subscribe to our Facebook, Twitter to stay updated for the new posts.

More stories:

Click here to read next random post from English Russia

24 Responses to “Old Moscow Again”

1. madineg says:

and what happend to the beauty? look at it today…..

• maxD says:

Moscow has turned into a rat’s nest where nothing is sacred. Landmark buildings are demolished whole or partly and in the best case scenario rebuild from concrete and steel, but quite often replaced by more ‘efficient’ apartment buildings [for the rich, of course].

At the same time, nationalism rules. Leading to awful acts when combined with the social unrest due to the financial crises. A Tadzhik had his head chopped of last Thursday. For no reason, he was just walking home after work.

That’s Moscow today. Corruption and perversion rule, fueled by money and naive ideas about nationalism and ‘prestige’.

Welcome !

• maxD says:

I don’t care what you think.

And nowhere it’s written that this site is for fun only. It’s about things happening in Russia. So I feel free to add my 2 cents.

Maybe you are one of those people who do not watch the news ‘because it’s all bad and nasty anyway’. Well, wake up to reality. Ostrich politics will not help.

• Miss India says:

OMg such a poor country :(

• Shurik says:

it looks the same, just more color

2. wholesome says:

no traffic jams and no advertising

3. wholesome says:

no traffic jams and no advertising

4. The Saint says:

it’s a beutiful place madineg. people have hust forgotten what beuty looks like.

5. Leo Petr says:

It is beautiful, but it is also lifeless. Architecture alone is not enough for a great city. There must also be activity, life, people, crowds, destinations, and things on the way. There must be joy.

Neither that nor modern Moscow is utopia.

6. Moycas says:

CCCP!!!

7. Miss India says:

Hey guys, it’s me. I just want to say that I’ve been arrested for kidnapping, torturing, and raping children. I guess I won’t see you guys anymore. Bye! :(

8. KBR says:

Man can you imagine a Moscow without traffic jams…I wonder if you could hear the births sings?

• peeerkl says:

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder … ;)
      I am sorry but I cannot see the beauty in those monolithic monsters.

hmmmmm, somehow those pics reminded me of the current North Korea. Could the similarity in the regimes be the explanation?

• CZenda says:

Of course.
        The style of the ugly buildings which remind mausoleums is sometimes called “Stalinist Gothic”. It was the official architectural taste from 30s till mid 50s in the USSR.

9. Dudidam says: