23 Russian Oldest Hard Rocker

Russian Oldest Hard Rocker

Posted on November 24, 2008 by

This one is the oldest heavy metal music lover in Russia. He played heavy metal when even Stalin was alive and you know, heavy metal and all rock'n'roll was banned in Soviet Russia so there were really just a few of them - and he is the only one survived, in Kondopoga city of Karelia, North West Russia.

23 Responses to “Russian Oldest Hard Rocker”

1. Zero says:

Omg I really wish he was my grandpa or something..

2. Mercenary_Lawyer says:

-Heeeeeeeeeell yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, long live to that headbanger!!

3. Astar Sheran says:

Heavy metal before 1953 ????

Must be joking, guys

4. Viktor the Great says:

hah its hella tight, in the vid the grandpa apoligizes for poor performance becouse he is celebrating his 70th bithday 7 days in a row, in Russia celebrating means getting drunk ALOT.

5. deepfreezevideo says:

German Ferzov you are one heavy dude.
    Ozzy Osbourne should tip his hat to you.
    Nozdorovye.

6. slavich says:

i wish there were more people in russia like him. Rock/metal is really dead in russia. This country is very capable of producing great rock music but for some reason it just dosent happen

7. razboinik says:

now that’s the REAL rock n’ roll right there.

8. Johnny says:

Хеви Метл во время Сталина, как смешно!
    Heavy metal in Stalin’s time, how funny that is!
    I bet Stalin sometimes locked himself in his toilet, allowing nobody to interrupt him and there listened to Western “50s heavy metal” music with a little transistor radio on his ear.

9. Keroro says:

They didn’t said about metal stalin. It was a joke of englishrussia. They said he played accordion in 50`s, acoustic guitar in 60`s, electric guitar in 70`s, and addicted to metal in 80`s. It DOES make sence, eh?

10. Metalarm76 says:

Vsjom privjèt!
    The fact that Heavy Metal was banned in USSR is a big lie.
    Heavy Metal was born in UK in 1969, and not before. I listen to lots of Sovjet Heavy Metal bands of even the early 80’s. The lyrics were sang in Russian. Most of these bands were released from state label Melodia. It’s the most beautyful music I’ve ever heard. But without Internet, it’s impossible to get any information or record of this music, here in the West side. These bands have been playing concerts in the 80’s, all over USSR and other ex-socialist contries of the East Europe that had, at their turn, Heavy Metal bands as well. Visit web site http://www.metalrus.ru , section FAILOVI ARKIV. Downloads of complete records and videos are free.
    The West side had always got wrong information about USSR and RUSSIA, by the media.

11. Nikitn says:

This is how my grandphater and grandmother lives. They got a pretty small pension, but they live fine (with TV’s and stuff).

12. castle says:

how can you even talk of Russian rock music without mentioning kino?

• deadchobo says:

“Бросай ты эти цои всякие, давай играй метал, шпарь!” (с) Russian Oldest Hard Rocker

13. Finally, I found the information I was searching for. I have been doing research on this subject, and for two days I keep entering sites that are supposed to have what I am searching for, only to be disappointed with the lack of what I had to have. I wish I could have found your website quicker! I had about 25% of what I needed and your site has that, and the rest of what I had to have to complete my research. Thank you and I will report back on how it goes!