18 Jamming the Way

Jamming the Way

Posted on November 14, 2008 by

Traffic in Moscow 1

Just one person can create 40 minutes long traffic jam at night.

Traffic in Moscow 2

Traffic in Moscow 3

via bel_OK

Also see this:

18 Responses to “Jamming the Way”

1. Disturbed28BR says:

Sorry, I’m trying again…

What this one happening there? Here in Brazil, city of Sao Paulo is common 3 hours every day in the hour of the ruch

• another russian says:

They’re blocking the road for VIP persons (apparently government) coming from Rublevskoe shosse.

• -md-tt- says:

but not in the middle of the night

• Adam says:

Well, when the Japanese prince-heir was visiting Brasília (the Brazil capital), we got some traffic jam at night… but I have to admit that it was not as long neither as late like this one. In the end, Brasília is acutally privileged in this sense: it has very large streets and low population.

2. Alexk says:

I’m guessing those people are out of their cars trying to figure out what’s up? Why are the cops holding up the traffic? What is going on?

3. dima says:

There isnt VIP in Russia!… None of them are actually important – they just made themselves like that. HAhaha – its sad actually.

4. maxD says:

He’s right. Unless someone with lots of money is automatically considered VIP, like in the USA. IMO a monkey in an expensive car with a flashlight is still a monkey and will always be one. One cannot buy class or style, only imitate it. Like most Russian ‘celebrities’ do…

5. gjgj says:

Gaper delay. Happens everytime there is an accident or stalled car on the highway.

6. Eris says:

The traffic is blocked to bypass a governmental cortege.

@ -md-tt-
    Even in the middle of the night, sometimes. State affairs, you know… :)
    But why did you assume it’s a night on the photos? Looks like evening actually… It is late autumn in Moscow and it gets dark pretty early — about 5:30 or 6 PM. Right at this time people start moving home, and the government as well. The traffic increases dramatically, especially from the center towards suburbs. Hence the need to block it temporarily, when some big daddy moves his precious ass home, to provide him a smooth ride. Nothing special, I would say.

7. Bilosh says:

I looking for prostitute. I sorry make problem.

8. Scrat335 says:

Officials stopping traffic happens all over the place. G Bush has done it here in Seattle several times. He has to take a freaking limo to Bellevue not a chopper. Screws up traffic for hours. In june he made me miss my flight at Heathrow in London. Couldn’t use the military airport as requested, had to foul air traffic for half the world.

9. Lootah says:

In my country (UAE) VIP use helicopters to avoid the traffic jam

10. natasha says:

and I guess you know a lot about Russia, right?

Dima, ty prav. Vse govnyuchie burocraty kotorye vekamy krov’ sosali

11. Aleksandr says:

Вы тут ебнулись что ли все? Спец технику через МКАД перевозили, взрывоопасную, долбаебы….