17 Ad Placement

Ad Placement

Posted on October 31, 2008 by

Russian toilet ads 1

Some advertisement companies continue using this kind of placement for the ads.

Russian toilet ads 2

Russian toilet ads 3

17 Responses to “Ad Placement”

1. thestick says:

can you please translate the messages? :D

2. Ramunas says:

What?.. Is it uncommon to place ads in toilets too?
    Some companies in Lithuania even advertise it as a service on their websites. For example: http://www.bim-group.lt/en_US/pricing/bim-i-p-2

3. desperitedan says:

Its where Microsoft belong

4. JoeyJones says:

I think this is pretty common now. I have seen quite a few restaurants in the US and Canada with TV monitors above urinals and in stalls. Almost every club I have been to also has these static ads.

5. jaak says:

It’s amusing how Russians can find anything developed in an open market to be “unusual” or “funny”.

6. american says:

7. [...] Weird Advertisment Placement Games:         Sony Patents Sound Sensing PS3 Controller Nsfw:            SG [...]

8. desperitedan says:

What a grumpy prick

9. Brandon says:

I’m currently taking my first semester of Russian, but was bored and curious as to what exactly they said. Here’s my dictionary translation. The third one I can’t make much sense of. Any more knowledgeable people out there wanna help interpret #3?

1. Get ready for the new web-technology generation!

2. The new level of safety and reliability.

3. Support for IPv6 each iron – the IP address. (doesn’t make sense to me, is iron slang?)

4. Proven platform for your data.

• E. says:

Usually you refer to huge mainframes as “big iron”, so maybe the term refers to smaller servers.

• slidercrank says:

As for the 3rd item, it means that any kind of consumer electronics (be it a kettle or even an iron) should have an ip address since the range of IP addresses provided by the IPv6 protocol is more than wide to satisfy this requirement :)

• anon says:

We call almost any type of computer hardware that way :) Because ‘hardware’ in our language would be sound like ‘technical supplies’ or smth. So we call it ‘je-lEh-zo'(железо), because all those pieces go in steel box :) Well, It’s hard to explain it 100% clear, but I hope you understand it :)

• anon says:

Ah, I got it. That happens when you translate железо into English an get ‘iron’, then translate it again into Russian and you most likely will get ‘утюг’-electrical iron, not a [Fe] from Periodic table :)

10. Pingvinov says:

Do you guys want to know where these pictures have been taken?
    I have the answer. It’s Microsoft office in Moscow, 1st floor. There can be no mistake. Seen it there many times.

11. Pingvinov says:

Sometimes I wonder if typing such posts just makes folks like you feel better.
    I cannot find any rational explanation for such behavior. This is like writing a 4-letter word on a wall. Where does it put your own level of intelligence?