32 Guide to Russia

Guide to Russia

Posted on September 12, 2008 by

guide to Russia 1

They say that this kind of printed guide to Russia is being handled to every passenger of some flights to Moscow and St. Petersburg that come from USA.

guide to Russia 2

guide to Russia 3

32 Responses to “Guide to Russia”

1. Zaulo says:

I have that guide. It’s published by Lonely Planet. It’s called Russian phrasebook. I got my in London, for 7 pounds.

2. CZenda says:

This reminds me the old Monty Python sketch about a Hungarian visiting English tobacconist :-D

3. [...] read more…. Related PostsMiss Russia 2008Bentley in the FieldMoscow from the Bird’s Sight Posted in Funny Pictures | Leave a Comment [...]

4. J.S. says:

I survived using this phrasebook for three weeks in Russia. It was particularly helpful outside of Moscow/St. Petersburg, where almost no one spoke english.

Good for a few laughs.

And yes, the lines for pick ups actually do work.

5. Pas'ka says:

Here’s one they should put “Ya hochy razdet’ tebya” (I want to undress you).

6. AndersonBMX says:

i’ve read about some of these things before, like the banks that don’t accept money and more…

7. yingjai says:

possibly the best ER post ever.

8. altima says:

I’ve seen a book like this but for tourists to Japan.

9. Swede says:

Don’t ask questions if you don’t understand the answers.

10. John from Canada says:

Awesome, thanks for the lessons

11. angra says:

Its a standard lonely planet phrasebook. They are meant to be fun and not taken to seriously.

12. JerryBarada says:

Where can I get a copy o this booklet?

13. pizdec says:

ebat’ vas v rot

14. w says:

Its available everywhere except Lonely Planet.

15. I have several of those Lonely Planet guides — for different languages. I can’t seem to find the Russian one just now, though. You can buy them on line. I may have learned about them by seeing one in a Barnes and Noble bookstore.

When you read these things, you should trust but verify.

16. Аноним says:

Теперь иностранцы подумают, что Россия страна сполшной проституции и неманерных мужчин пьянцев. Но это не все наши проблемы, ЛОЛ. Я шучу, но эти фразы не дают правильные мнения иностранцам. Россия страна повежливее немножко.

• Johnny says:

I don’t think, that foreigners think of Russia as a country of protistution in the first place (if I understood your sentence correctly, я ещё изучаю русский язык). Here in Germany most people think of Russia as the Gazprom country :D
      I was quite surprised to learn that in East Germany more and more people want the Soviet Union back!
      God, Russia really grew on me since I started learning the language and this page really contributed to this feeling! Though I’ve never been to Russia, gotta go there sometime really soon.
      Enough sentimental stuff for now, but really funny tourist guide!

• Moycas says:

You’re absolutely right, Johnny!

I wish i could also go there sometime. I’m also learning Russian and it’s kind of hard to get good learning material where i live. Though i’ve never been there, can feel the greatness and rich history of that great nation.

17. Pipo says:

Rocco Siffredi could use this.

BTW I am looking for a gay venue

18. aleke says:

yeah, i had almost the same set of phrases in my italian lonely planet guide

19. Andy from Poland says:

This is really funny, Russia is quite strange country and unfortunatelly very danger but this is not normal citizen fault The fact is that most of Russian you are deriding are much clever and well educated then you will ever be.
    Try to survive with all family for 10% of your monthly salary.

20. KIr says:

БЛЯ!!!!! вот это жир=)))

21. Translatica says:

Oh, please! No wonder! For those who feel so affected by the phrasebook, I have many of this collection (China, Japan, Italy, UK and Spain) and they are all exactly the same, with the same sections! It’s not all about you. Every single Lonely Planet phrasebook has pick up lines section etc.

22. BrutallyHonest says:

what’s for “I want to do dirty sanchez”

23. J says:

I have this book. bought it at a book store only russian learning material i could find. It is funny but a lot of what it has to offer is useful. Been in Russia for 3 weeks.

24. paffx says:

Its Lonley Planet Phrasebook
    same phrases translated to differnt languages. and I must say that it is one of the best phrasebooks, that really includes everything…
    tho still i dunno why they have ‘will u marry me’ there

25. luggage says:

Great guide, I have always wanted to visit Russia.