21 Daily Shots

Daily Shots

Posted on July 6, 2008 by

Life in Russia 1

Another set of photos freshly from streets of ex-USSR countries.

Life in Russia 2

Life in Russia 3

21 Responses to “Daily Shots”

1. Monica Broadhole says:

Hello! I’m first!

Who does want to date me?

2. Mathouse says:

These photos are really good :D
    I Like that :D

3. adios says:

ay lav dayli Rasha

4. Niels R. says:

I love the ones of the road works… It’s sad to see someones grave stone used as a street border…

Also the car’s with oranges is hilarious!

5. Steam McQueen says:

I guess someone in Ukraine doesn\’t like broccoli and cheese!

Sad about the gravestone being used as a curb, but hey, you have to give them points for recycling!

The UFO DPS station was funny!

6. too muchvodka says:

The final proof that Russian traffic police are aliens!

7. nehovaysyatopol says:

Ho, ho, UFO police is in the Vasilyevka town, we always pass it, when going on summer vacation to the seashore……

Ukraine rules!

8. Rodriguez says:

Is it Russia at the last picture? I don`t think so. It looks like a Ukrainian road police.

9. adios says:

i think in UA not DPS,DAI o something like that

10. pookie says:

que desastre total! Y pensar que estos hijos de puta tienen sangre escandinavia. carajo.

11. kris says:

I think this was a part of the gravestone that was never used, it was being prepared, and someone screwed it up, and it was useless, and cut into nice curb pieces.

12. anuszka says:

> I think this was a part of the gravestone that was never used, it
    > was being prepared, and someone screwed it up, and it was useless,
    > and cut into nice curb pieces.

Of course, not. There are dates on it: 18** – 19**. It is a real old grave stone. The letters above seem to be fragments of a name and surname: “*ich *v+(tverdyi znak)”. Strange, I have no idea who it was and why his grave has been destroyed. But it reminds me stories which still happen in Poland: sometimes people discover jewish tomb stones used as curb pieces, or as a bottom layer of a road, or even as fonds under a barn. They are remnants of jewish cemeteries destroyed by Germans during the WW2. Germans built roads and pavements out of them on the occupied territories. But the last case (fonds under a country side building) is most strange and actually shameful because after the war some Polish farmers dared to use those stones left by Germans.

13. [...] See another car wisely parked here English Russia Daily Shots __________________ http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=hyeparis [...]

14. sigh says:

That can’t be further away from the truth!!!
    my great grandmother’s gravestone has gone missing 5 years. And part of it look exactly the same as the one in the picture.

BTW: i think it’s david copperfield who’s responsible for the 1st pic.That was an amazing magic trick. He painted the 01 with his own blood from the ground.

15. Meowist says:

Hmmmph.

Those crazy Russki firemen should not drink so much vodka and park their trucks in silly places.

16. al says:

some photos from ua/ non Russia

17. Foxi from Russia says:

18. [...] Лихие российские пожарные. – очень отрадно было увидеть в будничных фотографиях родную пожарную машину, висящую в Санкт-Петербурге. [...]