42 The Steel Doors

The Steel Doors

Posted on May 27, 2008 by

Russian doors 1

In Russia burglars crack steel doors with tin-openers!

Russian doors 2

Russian doors 3

42 Responses to “The Steel Doors”

1. photo on the wall says:

In the photo with the woman and girl, is that a photo/portrait of Putin on the wall behind them?

Is that a common practice in Russian households?

2. Bert says:

If I was a Russian steel door mogul, I’d have a lot of egg on my face right now. Wait, did I say steel doors? I meant “canned cardboard innards”. What a joke, it comes apart like an easter egg.

3. ChicoSuave says:

Not Suitable door for homes in the following cities: Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, Houston…and so on…

4. TOL says:

Yes, it’s really in Russia, but it is only a part of show-room in the steel-doors shop. It shows quality of very cheap chinese doors, which looks more or less not bad, and helps customers to see the difference instead of long tolks with a salesman)))/ It’s not a joke, just economy of time)))/

5. borriskavamichnitsky says:

very cheap chineese anything
    no wonder the whole country fell down after the earth quake

6. Bijdehans says:

I don’t get it. In Holland where we have almost no wood houses are made of bricks but the doors are made of wood. In Russia where there’s plenty of wood they build houses of wood but the doors are made of steel? Never seen anything like this…

• maxD says:

Steel doors became very common after the collapse of the USSR. Criminality went sky-high, and Russians are already quite paranoid by nature, so there you have it.

The first thing everybody does when moving into a newly built apartment is to have a padded steel door installed, of course as far into the corridor [thus adding some extra space to the hall] as possible.
      This is the sad truth – no-one trusts anybody anymore. Steel doors on the private and on top of that coded locks on the public entrance.

7. yingjai says:

picture 8… are those bullet holes?

8. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

Steel, wood, Chinese, Russian, whatever . . .

A dedicated driver in an automobile packed with a sufficient amount of explosives opens the door every time. :)

• Russki says:

How do you drive a car up to an apartment door that’s on the 22nd floor with 4 foot wide hallways?

• Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

Okay friend this is my third attempt to reply to you. If this one makes it in, please see my full reply, along with instructions for opening door on 22nd floor, below.

9. Ivan Mikahilov says:

I’ve never seen Putin’s photo in households but I’ve seen a few in offices. To see Putin’s photo at someone home, visit China — he is like a rock-star for teens there.

• Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

Dear Texas1,

Soon you will have the privilege of hanging the portrait of Presidents Barack and Michelle Obama over your dinner table, to watch over you and make sure you eat your vegetables before dessert.

10. LiraNuna says:

Aluminum rusts? Only in Russia :)

11. A says:

Those doors are made in China! Seen original photo set, it also contained pictures from Chinese plant.

12. Tom Fox says:

LMAO!!! great comments

13. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

Dear friend,

Thank you for your inquiry. The answer, provided with technical assistance from my good friend Ibrahim who recently returned from Lebanon, is:

You don’t. You simply load the auto with enough explosives to bring the 22nd floor down to the first. The narrow hallway will be taken care of during the descent.

Wishing you success in the creation and exploitation of chaos,
    M. Ahmadinejad

14. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

Dear Customer,

Wishing you success in the creation and exploitation of chaos,

M. Ahmadinejad

15. Greg says:

Well I think you get what you pay for no matter if your in Russia, Ukraine or the USA. I know they sell really heavy duty doors as well in Russia. When I visited I even saw one apartment that had a steel cage with a security door before you even reached the main apartment door. Lets hope things get better for the average citizen so such items will not be a required in the future.

16. peter jay says:

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad you are simply cracking me up… Keep up good work :)

17. jamies says:

safety first in russia!

18. Zafarad says:

I think you miss something,our great spiritual leader “RASPUTIN” ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

19. The Best says:

Made in China…
    But verry verry nice price ;)

20. YJ says:

There are no evidence the door is made in china.

21. BunchOfFives says:

That picture with the little girl?
    Pretty sure he mother’s a dude.
    Take another look…

22. Cory says:

I really enjoyed that post, I am a little confused, and have a tiny question. May I send you an email?

23. Intime doors says:

export@chinayintai.com
    we are a chinese factory for produce steel security doors, and we have dealers in Russia, but i think the importer in Russia want to get very good price, so factory make poor quality door, for our Intime doors, the dealer usually order 0.8mm steel, and filling Ceramic fiber, time against technical opening is more than 3 hours
    pls contact us for inquiry!

24. francesco says: