26 Pre-communist Russia’s Dirigibles

Pre-communist Russia’s Dirigibles

Posted on May 23, 2008 by

Old Dirigibles 1

Before communists came to power in Russia different kind of dirigibles were very popular.

Old Dirigibles 2

Old Dirigibles 3

26 Responses to “Pre-communist Russia’s Dirigibles”

1. solida says:

2. AGA says:

Pre-communist Russia toted a British flag?… KEEEEEEEWL

• jepppe says:

(Flag of the Aeronautic Section of the Imperial Russian Navy)

• John from Kansas says:

AGA, that’s probably a Russian naval flag. The airship appears to be a French Lebaudy type that was sold to Russia in 1909. A Russavia reference identifies the craft in Photo 8 as the “Condor”, another French-built airship.

• Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

You know of course that the czar at the time was close relative of the English king, so there was very much in common. I know about these things because that entire extended inbred family–the English branch and the Russian branch–tried to take over my beloved Persia, along with all the world, for many years.

As a matter of fact, my great-grandfather was a freedom fighter even then, and he used to raid the camps of Russian soldiers in the north near the Caspian Sea and the parlors of English gentry who tried to colonize Tehran. It was very brave and daring work. Once he was almost caught inside such a parlor when the Englishman returned home early. My great-grandfather only escaped capture because the wife of the Englishman hid him under the hem of her skirt, as she was used to having him between her legs anyway.

• John from Kansas says:

Is it also true that your great grandfather could inflate such dirigibles single handedly?

• Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

I am not certain about all of his exploits as they were not properly recorded in history books. You see, most of what I know of him I learned through stories I heard as a child bouncing on my father’s knee or suckling at my mother’s breast, which they made me stop doing when I was nine years old.

• DP Gorringe says:

On behalf of my putative ancestors, I am horrified, sir, to think that any Englishwoman of breeding would so accomadate the swarthy Mohammedan.
        On the other hand, I was wondering why I tan like that.

3. red robot says:

Maybe the flag has the union jack because the Russians like England? Afterall all Russian train stations are called Victoria xD

4. VoDkA says:

The second one looks like a flying hotdog.

5. meneame.net says:

Los dirigibles de la Rusia presoviética…

Galería fotográfica de varios dirigibles en la Rusia presoviética. Aparentemente tuvieron gran aceptación….

6. [...] de los mas populares dirigibles rusos de la epoca [...]

7. mitya says:

It may confuse some of you, yet dirigeables were quite popular with the communists, too.

8. Deep Freeze says:

Giant Russian pricks getting ready to screw the people yes?

9. John from Kansas says:

Well dawg dang Mahmoud, you and Kim sure do have a lot in common.

10. LORENAI says:

hydrogen supplied ships were quite dangerrous :) especially for the guys who like smoking

11. [...] English Russia » Pre-communist Russia’s Dirigibles (tags: airship russia dirigibles history technology) [...]

12. Boroviev says:

__250 YEARS OF RUSSIAN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY__————Article published in the American “Popular Science” magazine in 1994 by Mariette Dichristina describing discoveries from 1742 (37 in all)to the Mendeleyev chemical elements table and the Russian emegries to the US contribution like Dobzhansky in genetics, Struve in stars chemical makeup, Igor Sikorsky with the development of the helicopter, and Zworykin’s ionoscope early TV systems, with many illustrations and photos, was Fascinating

13. monkfish says:

KIROV AIRSHIP REPORTING

14. [...] has posted a great selection of Pre-Communist Russian dirigibles <!—more—> click here to check them out! See if you can match some of them [...]

15. t 19f says:

I can see that you’re an expert at your field! I am launching a web page soon, and your data will be incredibly useful for me.! Many thanks for all your help and wishing you all the good results inside your business.