56 The Rainbow Clouds

The Rainbow Clouds

Posted on January 30, 2008 by

strange clouds in Russia 1

Strange clouds appeared on the skies of Murmansk city yesterday. People say that see such "rainbow clouds" for the first time, they say that camera shot can't render the true sight of the clouds sudden go rainbow-colored.

strange clouds in Russia 2

strange clouds in Russia 3

56 Responses to “The Rainbow Clouds”

1. Metalfusion says:

cool, all strange things happen in russia :P

2. carlo says:

this are usual high clouds called “statocirrus” in the statosphere which contain small ice reflectors, and the sunlight ist reflected like in a rainbow …

cool photos!

3. Citrom says:

Maybe its caused by the global warming..

4. Арчибальд Векеньтьевич says:

обычное северное сияние

5. Pavlik says:

And its gonna strike two days before the day after tomorrow.

6. KanuTaH says:

Hi guys, if you want to play Counter Strike 1.6 with me soarch for XTCS servers, they are the best and have awesome maps.

7. andy says:

TU24 asteroid was probably the cause for it. Check http://www.tu24.org for more info.

8. Lithuania says:

Wonderful ;)

9. Mathouse says:

Because Russia is a really strange country what you can see on all photos and movies collected at this site ;)
    You didn’t now that ? :D

10. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

I see these clouds often in Tehran. For some reason they always appear soon after I smoke the hookah pipe with my special blend of tobacco.

11. tseplenok says:

why nobody say “photoshop” — somebody say “photoshop” please.

12. psyonic warrior says:

here in america we call them chem-trails

military plane release chemicals into the atmosphere that affect the populations mood, and the pretty rainbow clouds appear

• Eddy Rose says:

There’s more to it than just chemtrails. Do some research on HAARP and find out about ULF and ELF microwave radiation. It’s not just about weather control, mind control, or turning people into biological telephone recievers. Similar clouds were spotted just before the recent huge earthquake in China – can be found on you-tube. Oh, and these are NOT clouds, at least, not as nature makes them. There are in fact no fully natural clouds anywhere in the world, any more. They’ve all been weaponised. Also, if the bees disappear altogether, humankind will have less than five years left on the planet.

13. chicken says:

Its so pretty, I love these. you can see many pics like this at earth science picture of the day. If you look they also have explanation about why and what is going on.

14. anal adams says:

Looks like a chem-rub on photos taken with your chemera.

15. Alex says:

Its Aurora Borealis

16. jose says:

cool pictures.

17. spaceface says:

photoshop

18. Olich says:

this is not photoshop, I live in Murmansk and saw those clouds by myself and all my city saw it (about 300.000 people)

19. Halli says:

It is an aurora, and it is normal. But in Murmansk, well I didn’t espected it, because it is too far south. But it seems I was wrong.

BTW I would really like to see an aurora, I heard it is beautifull.

20. Astar Sheran says:

Polar stratospheric clouds.

Sometimes called “Nacreous clouds”, they occur in the polar stratosphere.

21. госпожа яаковлееа says:

Chemtrails, drugs, bad cameras? Jesus, grow up people! As someone said, this is just an optical phenonema that works the same way as a rainbow does.

22. fooled says:

they may not be chemtrails, but it is truly a phenomenon worth noting, and does seem to be based on the patented design of edward teller, inventor of the h bomb, to put tiny metal particulates in the ionosphere in order to effect it using facilities like HAARP in alaska.

23. Sturmovik says:

Those are Noctilucent or Night Shining clouds

24. D says:

Or it really looks like that and the camera works fine.

25. Vladimir Nabob says:

This is a natural phenomenon. Clouds that are sufficiently thin will refract light, like water droplets form a rainbow. Here’s a photo I took on Mount Rainier, Washington a few years ago: http://www.sxc.hu/browse.phtml?f=view&id=130036

26. Smaikstuolis says:

Hey guys, great than you are interested in atmopheric phenomena. I also improve my knowledge about that, so if you are really interested in this, you can read many useful papers and look at lots of photos in this site:
    I love this site. I also takes photos of various atmospheric phenomena and I wish to go nearer North Polar to watch Aurora, Nacreous Cluods and so on. But I am also very happy living in Lithuania, because I can see noctilucent Clouds in summer nights. They are really fantastic :)

27. NesQuarX says:

I’ve seen rainbow coloured clouds… I even took photos of them… and it’s true – the camera does not render the vividness of the colours.

28. a.janelle says:

“nacreous” and “iridescent clouds”…only occur in extremely cold temperatures and at very high altitudes…light refracts off of hexagonal shaped droplets of water and produce “mother of pearl clouds” slightly similar to the effect a diamond has with light.
    one of my most favorite atmospheric phenomena.

29. a.janelle says:

“nacreous” and “iridescent clouds”…only occur in extremely cold temperatures and at very high altitudes…light refracts off of hexagonal shaped frozen droplets of water and produce “mother of pearl clouds” slightly similar to the effect a diamond has with light.
    one of my most favorite atmospheric phenomena.
    [p.s. only suspect photoshop fakes of these clouds to be TOO bright (during mid-day) and with more than one light source, the above pictures are indeed the real deal]
    thanks for the new pictures!

30. JunkWarrior says:

Noctilucent Clouds

31. Bud says:

Not Noctilucent clouds- they only occur a tdark twilight. 9-13-2010 around 4pm a huge “rainbow cloud seen in Daytona Beach, FL. Explain that.

32. [...] more of English Russia: nbspnbspThe Rainbow Clouds nbspnbspMuseum of Long-Range Aviation nbspnbspSt. Petersburg Water [...]

33. [...] more of English Russia: nbspnbspThe Rainbow Clouds nbspnbspMuseum of Long-Range Aviation nbspnbspSt. Petersburg Water [...]

34. D says:

Yes, please smash his face.

35. KanuTaH says:

my adress is as i told you XTCS servers, xtcs.eu:27015 – 20 playing awp_snowsk337 now