49 No Tower

No Tower

Posted on January 22, 2008 by

tower collapse in Moscow, Russia 1

These buildings are kind of symbols of Moscow. They were built during Stalin’s rule and often are associated with Moscow architecture. A few days ago for unknown reason on of those buildings got one tower collapsed. No any aerial objects were matched on the site during it collapsed, probably there was something wrong with Stalin’s mathematics.

tower collapse in Moscow, Russia 2

tower collapse in Moscow, Russia 3

49 Responses to “No Tower”

1. tomas says:

nice city

2. CIA agent says:

just like the twin tower.
    This is an inside job.

3. visitor says:

Just for record, it is “Ukraina” hotel building.

4. Sarah 3000 says:

I think that americans and briths are involved in this.

5. Pete says:

I want those soviet masonry stuff on those buildings!

6. rafal says:

Hammer and sickle… It’s just like a swastika. The only difference is soviets won.

As long as the soviet-swastikas are there soviet mantality of the people would be present.

7. illlich says:

Stalin’s mathematics. . . hmmmm. . . I believe it went something like this : “One death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.”

It isn’t communism that is evil, but humans and their selfishness and greed that are evil.

• numb says:

and regarding that, the reason for the collapse is probably just a lack of maintenance

• russians fake says:

communism represents selfishness and greed and is evil

• illlich says:

“Communism represents selfishness and greed”?

No. Communism is SUPPOSED to be “everyone helping each other” which is the OPPOSITE of greed and selfishness. Under the Soviets communism was perverted and poorly run. The leaders began to think themselves more important than their citizens (like in George Orwell’s “Animal Farm”) and so it failed.

This is like saying Democracy is evil because Hitler was elected by a democracy. Hitler came into power and destroyed the democracy, just as the Soviet leaders, once they were in power, destroyed communism. They still called it “communism” but I’m sure Marx was rolling in his grave at what they did to his ideas.

If you buy a poorly designed car that breaks down and causes you much hardship, you don’t say “all cars are evil”, you get a better car.

• russians fake says:

But if you buy any russian car, you know it is junk and it will break down next second. Same thing with communism, it simply won`t work. The democracy is from God, and communizm is from people(and people are selfish), feel the difference?

• illlich says:

От Матфея 19:24

и еще говорю вам: удобнее верблюду пройти сквозь игольные уши, нежели богатому войти в Царство Божие.

• Shep says:

Ech… Look in the old testament.. God doesn’t strike me as the democratic type… LOLZ@GOD!!!

• snuggles says:

I agree.

8. Brad M says:

It only started snowing here on Saturday night, so the photo would appear to be recent.

For the last few weeks there has been a large mobile crane around the spot beside the tower where the parapet is damaged…not sure if that’s related.

9. KanuTaH says:

Ladies and Gentlemen, as usual we can observe among us a particulary nasty figure called rafal, someone slap him for me if you see him ok.

10. Ronnie Raygun says:

lul… reminds me of the Hyatt Regency Hotel skywalk collapse.

Only with less deaths, and less post-traumatic therapy.

Only in the USoNA

• AeroSquid says:

That is nothing like the Hyatt collapse. The Hyatt happened inside and took out 3 floors this happened outside and took out nothing.

I live in Kansas City and remember the Hyatt quite vividly. It was really horrible… there was a river of blood coming out of the hotel. They Hyatt was caused by bad architects… do you know what caused this? Unless you do have a little respect for the 114 or so that died that night in 1981.

I hope no one was killed by the falling tower here.

11. Swede says:

That is the danger of using political prisoners as part of the building material. After some time the bodies decay and the structure is weakened. The great wall of China used thicker walls to compensate for this.

12. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

Dear friend from the land of steers and . . . you know.

You are spreading propaganda designed to disrupt the relationship between the new Russia and the new Iran. However, you will fail because I have developed a good relationship in Russia.

In fact, when this tragedy at a tower occurred, I was in the Kremlin with my friend Putin, thanking him for fourth shipment of nuclear material from Russia to Iran. We had a sweet Moldovan wine and some caviar from the Caspian Sea. Afterwards, we smoked a little hashish and told jokes about the USA and EU, who are in for a big spanking soon.

Yours in better public relations,
    M. Ahmadinejad

13. Groundskeeper Willie says:

he should hiv built it wee granite. Then a 3 toowers wid be standin thi day.

14. Texas1 says:

I did not write this statement about being gay. This shouldn’t be a shocker. I’m STRAIGHT!!!!!

• Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

Come on, my friend Texas1, you can come out of a closet.

By the way, I have a friend who would like to meet you. He lives in Minsk. Can you come for a visit?

• Texas1 says:

Maybe if he is a her and she is damn hot!

• Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

Here is a photo of the person who would like to meet you.

You can see that here he was having to give the discipline to our little friend Putin (See how he holds his open hand out to threaten to slap him?). Putin of course was not happy about it, but he bows his head in submission and goes anyway, because he knows Luky still has the copy of sexy tape of “three-way” involving Putin, Gerhard Schroeder, and Jacques Chirac from the “good old days” before Merkel and Sarkozy.

15. Kutuzovsky Pr. says:

As someone above noted, that is the Hotel Ukraine. It has been closed since March 2007 for major renovations and conversion to a 5-star hotel. I have a feeling that the tower didn’t simply “fall down” one day, but that its disappearance has something to do with the construction. After all, most Muscovites generally acknowledge that buildings of the Stalinist period are among the most solidly built in the city.

16. tapki says:

this picture has be taken by a mars rover in late 2007;
    what do you think is this a martian?

17. GYUSZI BACSI says:

I thought it is the Lomonosov University, but I was wrong

but that one is looking very similar from style, isn’t it?

18. Reboo says:

Lets just hope the renovation preserves the amazing soviet era painted ceiling that is (was?) in the lobby of this hotel – it is an amazing throwback to the “rejoice in the wonder of sovietness” propaganda of the 50s, set in the Ukraine countryside, and whilst its a shame they have demolished a bit of the tower, it would be a crime if they destroyed the painted ceiling. I always stayed there when i visited Moscow – I guess the new place will be in the $700 a night bracket tho, shame!

19. salary Xpert says:

a very nice building, I have to visit moscow

20. Misha Saakashvili says:

Texas1 – are you a gomosex? You are a chiken sheet! Go to your facken rancho!!! Тупой осел!!! Лапы прочь от володьки путина!!!

21. mad1982 says:

If the Stalin still live that will never been seen

22. Perhaps it was weakened during the zero gravity exercises leading up to Yuri’s space flight back in 1961. Got a great illustration towards the end of this series of sample spreads from YUR’s DAY.

23. Tareeq says:

Wow, you really convinced me with your eloquent argument. I guess you’ve never been in Mongolia.

24. russians fake says:

Tareeq, I travel all around the world and I lived for 30 years in Russia, driving that junk every single day!!! I hate russian cars, jeeps and trucks!!!!!! Oh yeah and tractors too! :-))