26 Russian North Truckers

Russian North Truckers

Posted on January 15, 2008 by

Russian truckers 1

I’ve heard that tomorrow in some parts of Russia temperature would go below -67 F (-55 C), so those would be even more freezing times than usually in this time of the year. But people in Northern parts of Russia need food and other things for comfort living, so shippers should get this to them everyday no matter what’s going on with the weather.
How do Russian truckers cope with this? You can see some moments of their winter life from this photoset submitted by Volgovod via English Russia forum.

Russian truckers 2

Russian truckers 3

26 Responses to “Russian North Truckers”

1. Rodrigo says:

First?

2. don juan says:

Jesus those guys that drive those trucks have huge (albiet cold) balls.

3. Pardon the pun but that’s just about the coolest thing I’ve seen. As don juan says; those guys must have the biggest balls.

4. John from Kansas says:

Rough work, and tough trucks. Magnificent vistas. Thanks again Volgovod.

5. VikingBerserker says:

This would make a cool show, “Ice Truckers – Siberia”

6. Toby Esterhase says:

Which parts of Russia were these pics taken? Seems like a nice place to visit during the summer.

7. Bishop Brennan says:

Wasn’t this posted up before?

8. e says:

Damn. and you thought Ice Truckers was cool. i hope the (however temporary) oil boom can breathe some life into the infrastructure. most other countries rely on trucks to keep their economy and way of life, Russia is obviously the same (but with more challenging circumstances than most).

9. Paco says:

Wages of fear russian style

10. madineg says:

kamaz and ural rule!
    would like to see american trucks (failing) in that environment.

11. Ivan Chuyev says:

I agree. Even then, it would still be “very dangerous” as opposed to “deadly”. They’d still need to put up with no help for 100’s of kms not to mention if it’s winter – if they get stuck.

12. J Doe says:

You said it man!

13. John says:

The roads up here in northen Alberta can be just as bad at certain times of the year. One difference though they would have our balls if we drove around in streams like they do.
    It is just as cold and yes they pay you well.

14. waqas ahmed says:

Hi Friend,

I’m a young man 0f 21’m romantic and one who loves to express the affection.more to say I am optimistic,down to earth,kind hearted,humerous,cultured and with clean habits.if I have to for the sake of situation..I love travelling,swimming and playing with children and I love pets.I however can dance fairly well and sometimes I sing out loud too..I find new places ,people new ideas very refreshing and intriguing.And you can know me more later haha.lets come to the point.. It has to be serious when thinking about marriage…its not that just the look or beauty that counts…but the sense to understand whats it all about and living according to that by giving love unconditionally.To..love the person with all the plus and minus and support her in weak sides and to encourage her in right sides.A family life is sucessfull and great when its carried out with moral values and respect and adaptation ..I always used to watch families close by and learn things as lessons to make my family life much better…now I have a very good knowledge as if I had several married life hahahah.. I ‘ve learned that real love simply is and nothing hidden….but sometimes love is hard..but it isn’t that hard when we can appreciate others good quality and laugh at each other bad qualities with pure love..I have also learned that women is always right,except when she is wrong ,in which case, no answer is the best answer…its not about who wins or loses but who is big enougf to appologize….and most of the time its better to be amicable than to be right! Aren’t we all looking for the chemistry that lasts…if you look for that you are most welcome…to know more about me please write to me…my mail address is waqas.real.love@gmail.com Once again I would like to know,please dont waste your time and mine…mail me only If you are genuinly interested for a decent married life.And one more thing,I am from Pakistan, and I am nor a rich person.And I look only for a person who needs sinciere love ,than anything.I dont have any problem in relocating to which ever country you are ,with in weeks.Thanking you very much for your time…

yours faithfully,

waqas ahmed.

15. miss irland says:

omg they are so poor, they can’t afford real cars :(

16. YJ says:

These trucks can go to mars and back.

17. brbrbr says:

its no way to build road on some grounds.
    so, only trucks-tracks, ships and maybe airships – is options.
    and i agree, driving somewhere, distant ~800km[or more] from closest people – requires alot from driver.

18. Ngern says:

it needs Mi-26 to lift from mud

19. [...] about it. But on a icy road a 6 wheeler will skid around more than a 4 wheeler, so it adds up. English Russia Russian North Truckers I guess the Russian Ice Road truckers dispagree with you. [...]

20. Cheap says:

I could never drive a truck in areas like that

21. Taupey says:

Looks Beyond Challenging!

22. Cranberry says:

it’s almost not possible to keep roads in good condition there because of really-really great distances, really law temperatures and huuge amount of snow falling all the time.
    But still they could be better.

23. Mark says:

No roads could be built there because of the permafrost.

This place is a frozen hell.