30 Winter in the City

Winter in the City

Posted on January 14, 2008 by

winter in Russia 1

Some people ask: “How is it in Russia in winter? Is it really that cold? Are there really piles of snow twenty feet tall?
Well, here are some photos of a random Russian city – Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, it’s in the Russian Eastern part, just ocean across from US Western coast.

winter in Russia 2

winter in Russia 3

30 Responses to “Winter in the City”

1. vladimir fickdusiemir says:

Obviously photoshopped.

2. Morty says:

That’s a lot of snow!

3. adios says:

pizdez

a kogda tayat’ budet tam potom!!!

4. Guille says:

What about Global Warming, cool guys? ;-)

Cheers from Per

5. maxD says:

Snow is still not high enough. I can still see that ugly Kolosseum Casino. And many other ugly things.

6. adagio1723 says:

this is embarrasing display of westernization, why is the kazino writen casino in english?!?!?! i mean how many americans or brits or australians are gona find themselves in that city? ok so mebe like 10 in the next year, was that sign realy worth attracting those 10 extra patrons??? u tell me people u tell me

• a a says:

Russians like things in the English language because it makes them think they are sophisticated and worldly

• Rusty says:

no, it’s because most words in russian have a different connotation than their equivalents in english, on many levels

by using words from other languages, as english very often does itself, russians also use another alphabet to repsent things which never existed before

• Cabron says:

That’s actually not exclusive from Russia, almost all countries (Except for maybe France) use english words for everything.

• Aunt Chillada says:

Those 10 americans having more money than rest of towns population.

7. don juan says:

Thank god for global warming!

8. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

Is it hard to find a nice girlfriend in this city?

9. adagio1723 says:

lmfao sad yet possible true

10. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

Not for me. I have Persian charm, warm smile, sexy face hair, and form-fitting slacks that emphasize my small yet muscular buttocks.

However, I know my Russian comrades often have a “washed-out” complexion that makes them appear to be frozen and lifeless, which is sometimes a “turn-off.” That is the psychological explanation for why they love to make the big missiles (to compensate for . . . you know . . . down there.).

• Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

This answer is for Niels Bok (are you related to Ree?)

• Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

Hello D,

I do not take offense to your comments because I know you are struggling to feel good about yourself, and your favorite technique is to feel bad toward someone else. However, I have a high hope for you, and wish to see you on a path to self-improvement, so I will offer you a technique.

Have you tried doing the exercise called a “squat”? When you squat down with the barbells on your shoulder, remember to squeeze your buttocks together when you stand, hold the squeeze and concentrate for a moment. You may even find it helpful to repeat a nice motivational mantra such as “I WILL have a sexy butt, I WILL have a sexy butt,” as you do the exercise, but you must remember to say this out loud, and do not be discouraged if other people in the gymnasium look at you strangely. Maybe they will be jealous of YOU! :)

Wishing you good glutes,
      M. Ahmadinejad

• Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

Another recommendationsince you probably have the skinhead appearanceis to grow your hair out a little bit, and exchange your jackboots for some nice Italian loafers. Try to replace your angry scowl with pleasant smile (unless some of your teeth are black or brown), and use a cologne. You will be amazed at the resultssharp increase in number of children who do not start crying when you appear, increase in number of women who allow their gaze to linger on you just a few seconds longer, while turning into inviting smile, and best of all, a feeling of enhanced self-esteem. Your tighter glutes, warmer smile, stylish shoes, nice hair and pleasant aroma will be much more than the sum of those individual parts, and you will be a totally new man!

Oh, and dont forget to play a nice disco tune in your ear when you walkit will give you what I call the happy walk. Begin with nice lyrics and beat of Well, you can tell by the way I use my walkIm a womans manno time to talk. . . .

Good luck!

11. Pete says:

Oh your that cab driver.

12. Dmitriy says:

Actually 1st – it’s my car. We’d already drunked all vodka with my bear and red caviar was pwned ( So we deciede to go to look my new car and we really was shocked that it was so lil’ snow ( rly sry guys!

13. localyokal says:

I see many examples every day on advertisements and signs in Moscow using English language where you are wrong- star, love, money, smart, sun, day, night, house… really, Russian doesn’t have words for these???

In the above, Russian has it’s own word for the Colloseum- Колизей- they really didn’t need to use a misspelled English word.

And casino, they could have at least used their transliterated word (казино), if not игорный дом

14. Redmond Ru says:

If you haven’t defrosted her by Friday afternoon, it’s safe to say you don’t have her for a Saturday date….

15. RaymondLu says:

wow,sports cars like farrali would’ve been burried under that snow.
    for a ppl lives in this city, a tank would be easier to find when it snows..buy a T90,comrade:)

16. D says:

Looks like colorodo.

17. John from Kansas says:

Is there a place in Russia (or republics) where its warm and sunny this this time of year? Sochi?

18. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

Another recommendation–since you probably have the skinhead appearance–is to grow your hair out a little bit, and exchange your jackboots for some nice Italian loafers. Try to replace your angry scowl with pleasant smile (unless some of your teeth are black or brown), and use a cologne. You will be amazed at the results–sharp increase in number of children who do not start crying when you appear, increase in number of women who allow their gaze to linger on you just a few seconds longer, while turning into inviting smile, and best of all, a feeling of enhanced self-esteem. Your tighter glutes, warmer smile, stylish shoes, nice hair and pleasant aroma will be much more than the sum of those individual parts, and you will be a totally new man!

Oh, and don’t forget to play a nice disco tune in your ear when you walk–it will give you what I call the “happy walk.” Begin with nice lyrics and beat of “Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk–I’m a woman’s man–no time to talk. . . .”

Good luck!

19. Galka says:

Casinos are almost forbidden in the most Russian cities.They only have some months left to work. And Russians are not so poor like you think…Most Russians do not rent, they are owners, most people of this town are richer than most of you, if compare not their income, but price of their possession in relation to yours. Russians love foreign words – it’s true, and you?

20. Finnmerchant says:

i cant think of any othe thing than……..4X4!!!!!!!!!

21. We hope this will motivate you to find a pair of sandals decorated with interesting little things like beads, studs, and gems. While the footwear will maintain the simplicity that you crave for, the difference in design can make a magical difference.