47 The Pocket Helicopter

The Pocket Helicopter

Posted on December 19, 2007 by

Russian smallest helicopter 1

In 1971 Communist government of Soviet Russia has order a development of the smallest passenger helicopter in the world that could carry one person and can be folded in the tube that can be carried also by one person. They had plans to use it on the benefit of Soviet Army and Russian intelligent service.

Here we can see what they got as a result of this order. It was a Ka-56 "Wasp" helicopter, fully functional and could be used and between uses carried by one man.

Russian smallest helicopter 2

Russian smallest helicopter 3

47 Responses to “The Pocket Helicopter”

1. yeah says:

First. I’m such a geek.

2. KGB comrade says:

Look closely at photo 3 and you can see the pilot is clearly our dear comrade President Putin (with a moustache), when he was a young man in the intelligence service of USSR.

3. Luis Fernández says:

Where can I get one of these?

• Dzhugashviliy says:

I can sell you one. Or many. 15 thousand US dollars each.

There is also second version, with special tube for nuclear device. This version costs US$ 1,500,000, only for sale to great nation of Islam.

Do not forget 10% commission, please.

• russian weapon merchant says:

Hello. You can get any weapon from TIME magazine “Man of a Year” Vladimir Putin. He has sold the nuclear material to Iran and now made the first shipment. Russia is open for business, especially if you hate the freedom.

• Dzhugashviliy says:

You are wrong. We love the freedom of business. Putin is a great leader, and nice in the cover of american magazine.

Tsar Putin I, The Yuppie, will bring back our days of glory.

4. Any chance of a video of it flying?

5. Pete says:

I am hearing disco music when I look at those pictures.

6. amerikanyetz says:

No, but there are a couple of videos of it crashing.

It’s the only transportation contrivance ever made which is more dangerous than a Yamaha R1000.

7. John from Kansas says:

Oh look, a baby eggbeater. Isnt that cute?

8. Aiwan says:

Sorry, people, this article isn’t true
    This helicopter has never flown. And never will. Sorry.

9. LiraNuna says:

Full-scaled mockup was built first to find better decisions in helicopter’s configuration: to make it compact and easy to assemble. The next step was to build the test plarform which included real engine, rotor system, transmission and controls.

The only parts which were detachable from the helicopter for transportation were 4 main rotor blades. All other parts were easily folded. MR blades were attached by single shift each

No balancing was needed after assebling less rotor tracking. Time to assemble helicopter was only 10 min.

Ka-56 take-off weight was 220 kg (110 kg empty).

Performance (calculated): range – 150 km, cruise speed – 110 kmh, ceiling – 1700 m.

Unfortunately Ka-56 wasn’t ever flown.

10. snuggles says:

I agree.

11. Texas1 says:

This pilot is sexy

12. Acmih says:

Dzhugashviliy,can I pay you after my suicide mission in America and do I get discount for two bombs,please?

13. Texas1 says:

It looks like the russian military had to go rob the UK of their gas lawnmowers to build this thing.

14. Fat Usian says:

Yes, and the best part is “the possibility to land with and without engine, practically from any height.” In other words, if the engine fails you won’t die!

If I lived somewhere in the sticks, I’d want one.

15. Aiwan says:

Looks good. But autogears arn’s as popular as helicopters, and they can’t take of vertically.

16. Dzhugashviliy says:

Send money order signed by your Great Leader, with good credit. No refund in case of malfunction.

17. RAHUl says:

18. Americanski says:

Looks like “Little Nellie” from the Bond film “You Only Live Twice”.

19. This is perfect consumer product for areas that have all those famous Russian mudpits….errr…ROADS, sorry.

20. Marina says:

Moscow traffic is too much for me. Sooner or later I will have a hart attack. Where can I purchase one with such good looked pilot?

21. talking beaver says:

very funny. good job, pridurok!

now go pee in the corner and write “eat the rich” at the wall. manifest your political stance! “non pasaran!” etc.

rassiya, rassiya!!! ura-a-a-a!!! dalbayob…

22. talking beaver says:

Please pay attention to the choice for shape and the dimensions of the container. It is obviously not too suitable to be carried in a truck or on your feet.

From another side it looks to be very suitable for pushing through the submarine’s torpedo hatch.

So possibly this ultralight helicopter was intended to be used by special task group (you can say “frogmen” or “Spetsnaz”, or in Russian more often used term in such cases “diversant”) in enemy territory (like USA or Western Europe) for what could be described as spying and terrorist activity, after being delivered to the sea shore by submarine.

23. John from Kansas says:

Peace on Earth.

24. chicken says:

This guy is NOT HOT!

25. SecretAgentMan says:

Hmm… if I saw that thing flying over my house with some invasion force soldier in it, I could and would shoot it down lol
    You know it can’t fly very fast… it would be even easier than shooting clay pigeons.

26. Gurtek singh says:

i don;t agree with “Aiwan”.

27. I would like to have such personal helicopter. :)

28. Sonya Kay says:

It is a I love a few of the articles which have been written, and especially the comments posted! I will come back!

29. Jae Raus says:

yes im agree with your article. just keep posting bro!

30. Foogssiznes says:

Видео клипы онлайн бесплатно без регистрации