101 Some Not-So-Usual Photos

Some Not-So-Usual Photos

Posted on December 17, 2007 by

Russian club that make staged photos 1

These are photos of one Russian online community members of which enjoy making some staged photos with creepy plot. Here we have some of their recent topics, like:

"A Cheating Wife: You need to make a photo of a man, "a lover", hanging outside the real window. The window should be not lower than a 3rd store of a multi-stored building. "A husband" should lean out from another window with a gun, aiming at "the lover". From yet another window "the cheating wife" should look out in despair."

"The Waiter: A man dressed like a water should crawl out of a refuse chute in some multi-stored building, right from the disposal opening. He should hold a tray with some servings and a towel in another hand"

"A Zombie: A man, rolled up in bandages should crawl on his stomach at a pedestrian crossing. He should have a knife sticking out of his back. Another guy should chase him with a working chainsaw"

"The Pickles: Make a photo of many jars of pickles. Some of them should have pickled cell-phones. Not less than five cell phones in each jar please"

"A Pyramid: You should have a three level pyramid on the photo. The first level is some random truck, the second is a passenger car and some two-wheeled thing on the top of "the pyramid" please."

Now see what they got shot after they got those tasks. The members of this community live in different Russian cities, they make the photos in their own neighborhoods, right in the middle of the day while sudden passers-by watching them doing this stuff.

Russian club that make staged photos 2

Russian club that make staged photos 3

101 Responses to “Some Not-So-Usual Photos”

1. iceCalt says:

2. Visitor says:

In the first chainsaw photo, the guy with the saw is really getting into the act.

3. Muhammad Ali says:

My mama named me after a teddy bear.

4. Smetanka says:

And today’s lesson is…. all Russian men wear red underwear. Not something I really cared to know, but strange nonetheless.

• snuggles says:

I agree…

• D says:

Red for Russia.

Is it common for people to own assault rifles in russia? Most people in america I would say have hand guns and hunting rifles, and a small majority own assualt rifles. They’re just too hard to conceal, so a handgun for protection is ideal. Can someone inform me of the gun laws in russia?

• joost says:

haha and you think its normal to own guns in the first place? there is a bigger chance of getting shot when owning a gun yourself you know.

• soost says:

lol that’s not true at all. Please research the topic; many innocent lives are saved by private gun ownership.

• evgeny says:

It is not real weapon’s: on some pictures there are air-guns, on others hunting rifles based on AK47 or models of AK47

• Americans says:

Yes, I too noticed, except one guy who had floral prints on maroon background. But you know, Russia is associated with Red.

5. Smurfie says:

I am somewhat disturbed that so many people have guns in russian high-rise buildings???

6. Richard S. says:

Careful! Careful! Careful with that axe, Eugene!

7. grot says:

What’s their website?

8. g27radio says:

Great work guys, a very interesting contest. However, search Google Images for zombie, then mummy.

9. Orijimi says:

The second pyramid picture looks like a real-life version of one you could make in Half-Life 2 sans the Trike.

10. Smith says:

was the red underwear a requirement?

11. Do you think any of these are Photo-shopped? Some of the waiter ones look that way.

12. Oles says:

Exactly! And not just air guns, but full automatic rifles!

13. CK says:

hehe this is really good :D :D :D :D

I love it a lot, and someone should give a link in order to make it worldwide. this would be soooo good !!

as for guns, i cannot read russian, but i believe you said that many people have guns at home … and i am sure its true.

14. Boris says:

I love how they managed to work in some Elvis stuff into the balcony pictures. Its brilliant how the Elvis impersonators can barely be seen, yet cannot be missed in each photo.

15. maxD says:

In pictures 7 & 9 [new apartment buildings, red bricks] I’d say the guy with the gun cannot shoot the guy in the red ball hugger, unless he can shoot around a corner…

Also, some of the screaming ladies could make more of an effort – they don’t look too convincing…

16. Rome says:

Weirdos :> Funky weirdos.

17. Adam says:

These are awesome, especially the apartment building standoff scene and the car/truck pyramid. The instructions for the scenes are hilarious – I’d like to try describing a picture to these photographers and seeing how well they pull it off.
    This is a neat game that could be easily imitated in North America, but a large part of the appeal of these pictures, to me, at least, is the foreing aspect and the incomprehensibility of it all. Translate and post some more!

18. Vodka drinking master says:

19. Lightnin' Roy says:

I’m seriously crying over here.

Nobody in North America knows this kind of joie-de-vivre.

20. Ivan Bezdomny says:

My Russian friends:

What a wonderful funny contest… you guys are the best, and I applaud you. The spirit of Bulgakov and Kharms is definitely alive and well, and they would have loved to see this!

If any of you can get over to Washington, DC, please let me know, and I’ll show you around and buy you some beers. We need some humor in this town immediately (Bush doesn’t count).

21. Jan says:

Cool work! Keep it up!

22. these are hilarious

i should do the same in NY

23. Jeff says:

Hello from Florida, USA!

It looks like everyone had fun creating these scenes and taking the pictures – keep up the good work!

24. Traducer says:

What a great idea, staged themed photos, a link to the main site would be great and I agree with the person that made comment this should go worldwide… nice.

25. Serĉjo says:

Гайиге, ауторо скрибу плу!

26. Starshii says:

Allthought Kouvola is almost a little russia now a days, its not from there. They are all from taken in Russia I think.

27. Endlezz says:

Rofl, these pics are wonderful! Nice work people, keep it going! I love Russia by the way, I’ll be travelling there one day (probably in the next two years). Greetz, Endlezz

28. Endlezz says:

you are so childish

29. Sebastian says:

Do you know in which cities the pictures were taken?

30. Philip May says:

Very nice idea and good and funny pictures.

31. Robert says:

It looks like 2 of the last 3 pics in the cheating wife set don’t meet the requirements. You see the bars on the first floor windows (which are not on the levels above) and the shrubs in the one picture) It is cool to see this sort of thing though and it is a great conecpt.

“A Cheating Wife: You need to make a photo of a man, “a lover”, hanging outside the real window. The window should be not lower than a 3rd store of a multi-stored building.

32. SMO says:

Congratulations to these fantastic pictures. They made me laugh :-)

33. larkys says:

Where are you from?

34. Tim R-T-C says:

Fantastic. Love to see people risking life and limb for a photo competition!

35. Ivan Chuyev says:

In Soviet America, this kind of humour not appreciated.

You get arrested and sent to jail for disturbing peace.

Especially chainsaw joke. No good! No good!

Russia is so free and fun! I wish Soviet America could have more freedom of expression!

36. MAX says:

Russian vodka THE BEST :-DDDD

37. spacer says:

We are looking for people able to help in carrying out of games like this. More details see here

38. Ken says:

I agree…………

39. Estemachine says:

In Mother Russia, blog writes you.

40. Alex says:

Guys, next similar game will occur on the 2/24/2008,
    look at this http://www.world.en.cx.

41. Ben says:

Wow, this is a whole lot like SF0. I’m really happy to hear that they have something similar in the mysterious east.

Some of their tasks might even be inspiration for some new ones for us.

42. rajoy peter says:

the pics were amazing!!! good work!!

43. spaceface says:

my horse takes better photos than these lot

44. Póker says:

Huh, hard. I think I will never want to another man’s wife :).

45. [...] EnglishRussia has translated a bunch of the tasks and has a lot more photos. The official site also has a good list of example tasks, including buying drinks for strangers and racing trains in cars! [...]

46. [...] Ορίστε τι πάει να πει να έχεις πραγματικά πολύ ελεύθερο χρόνο. Αν επιπλέον ζεις και στη Ρωσία, ο συνδασμός ενδείκνυται για πολύ κάψιμο. Κάτι μου λέει ότι ο επόμενος τέτοιος διαγωνισμός θα λάβει χώρα στο Εδιμβούργο. Φυσικά, θα είναι διοργανωμένος από το Παρά Έξι. [...]

47. [...] web Combats de bébittes Ils l’ont l’affaire les Russes De l’art avec du papier collant d’emballage Vivre dans un camion à [...]

48. [...] και της μόδας (το facebook σας μέσα οι υπόλοιποι) είναι λίγο πιο περίεργες από ό,τι θα περίμενε κανείς — ειδικά στη [...]

49. [...] …tegengekomen, een vreemde Russische fotocommunity: opdrachten voor ‘aparte’ ensceneringen: http://englishrussia.com/?p=1691#more-1691 "These are photos of one Russian online community members of which enjoy making some staged [...]

50. [...] English Russia Some Not-So-Usual Photos The waiter part threw me off. Interesting concept for bored people though. [...]

51. Jow says:

Russians are so…WTF?I liked it, let’s do it world wide!

52. Nathasa says:

Well, i like everything that i saw. I had always thought that Russians are Awsome, but some of the things that i saw like the two little girls drinking i don’t think is ok for them to do that. They don’t have the mentality neither the potential for them to drink that way. Anywyas other than that i Love them. I think they are the best.

53. RussianGirlMasha says:

Пздц, согласна, ну ладно мы сюда заходим так как мы русские, самим интересно, а эти д-бы сюда как попадают? Реально, создается впечатление что все эти люди параноики- русофобы которым больше нечем себя развлечь, либо неудачники которым не дала какая-нибудь русская девушка. И судя по количеству их бредовых комментов, таких людей в мире пугающе дохрена) 0о

54. [...] russische Variante des Eisernen Fotografen (Der Eiserne Doktor Schiwago? … bitte nicht nachmachen, fotografisch [...]

55. Öh… « A says:

[...] Öh… Some Not-So-Usual Photos. [...]

56. [...] ‘em.” But I’m beginning to think they’re getting interesting again. Take this series of escalating pranks people are pulling all due to the popularity of their 3 computers with 56k internet [...]

57. [...] And you thought Japanese are weird… By Petar, on November 9th, 2009 Click here. [...]

58. KZ RULEZ! says:

toyota camry 30 has registry number Z which means from Astana, Kazakhstan

59. Ms.Pen says:

I enjoyed this; the participants showed that they thought out their work and presented it at its humorous best. To me it matters not which nationality, sharing humor by adhering to a specific topic is a great way to share the smiles with many people all over the internet world. My compliments to those who had the idea for this site, hope to see more of your fun photos in the future.

60. [...] Wat ze er uiteindelijk van brouwden zie je hier [...]

61. [...] Re: I was born in the USSR. Ask me anything, comra What are these people doing and why? I saw it here [...]

62. imnotgivingyoumyname says:

Originality hasnt reached Russia yet

63. pligg.com says:

Kilka ujęć z Rosji…

O tym jak Rosjanie spędzają wolny czas, gdzie przechowują telefony komórkowe oraz jak przewożą rowery dowiecie się tylko tutaj! ;)…

64. lol lots of of the opinions readers write are kinda silly, frequently i question whether they really read the content and items before placing a comment or whether they basically read the titles and generate the very first thought that one thinks of. nevertheless, it is really nice to read through sensible commentary every now and then compared to the very same, traditional blog vomit which i oftentimes see on the web

65. Kofi says:

When Russians get bored, craziness ensues.

66. Interesting, But the cator is not professional, they were smiling.

67. Brittany says:

I don’t really get this.

68. TheDudeYouHateToMeet says:

wouldn’t it be funny if those guys fell down the garbage chute?

69. WhatDoUcare says:

Scares me to how many russians actually have a power saw :D

70. Bardzo ciekawa sprawa… Zawsze się nad tym zastanawiałem a tu proszę :) Miłe zaskoczenie! Pozdrawiam

71. [...] “A Pyramid: You should have a three level pyramid on the photo. The first level is some random truck, the second is a passenger car and some two-wheeled thing on the top of “the pyramid” please.” {Read On} [...]

72. OlgafromRussia says:

Hey guys of US, isn’t it so obvious that pictures with “red pants and guns” are not real? It looks like fake or performance. In those pictures people are having fun. Do you think we all have guns and guns-machines at home? LOL. It insanity. You scared of our country? Ok. Get it.

73. Jeanette says:

They’re brilliant. Its not about boredom, its taking an idea or a challenge and having some fun with it. I want to join them.

74. Joel Burdman says:

Your time is valuable so I’ll be quick and to the point…

You have a very fun website and I enjoyed going through it. I see you’re running Google and other 3rd party ads on your site. Did you know with Google and other ad services you’re only receiving about one-half the money the advertisers pay them? On the other hand we are a small company with minimal overhead and I can help you work with advertisers in a more direct way so you would receive substantially more money for displaying the same or other ads.

I run a performance-based ad agency and I specialize in helping people who own sites like yours increase their revenues with highly-targeted advertisements you can add to your site and/or to the emails you send to your opt-in list.

Would you be interested in adding an additional income stream to your site if you can make a lot more money than you’re now being paid?

If I can’t help you make more money, I don’t get paid – so since I have a vested interest – it’s all on me. And I can help you do this in a way which won’t affect your current Ads so you risk nothing.

If you’re interested, let me know and I’ll provide a custom proposal for you and your site.

Joel Burdman
    JM Marketing

75. [...] You can see the results of these strange challenges here. [...]

76. [...] Russia has the scoop on a Russian online community, members of which enjoy making staged photos such as: “A Cheating [...]

77. Music News says:

It’s pure joy to find a writer who cares about their work. You apparently really care about what you what you produce and take the time to get it right.

78. Hello, I am very happy to read your blog. This is another fantastic blog post what I have read. There are so many tools available that it becomes difficult to know which will work. And how best to use Buy Atorvastatin Online.

79. fuzzy black and red picle says:

lol iam at school!!!!!

80. shasha says:

you don’t get it! These are staged scenes based on a script to be followed!

81. polak says:

Stary, pojebały ci się strony!