44 Old Moscow Disasters

Old Moscow Disasters

Posted on November 29, 2007 by

disasters in old Moscow, Russia 1

These are some photos of fire, flood and tornado in Moscow 100 years ago..

disasters in old Moscow, Russia 2

disasters in old Moscow, Russia 3

44 Responses to “Old Moscow Disasters”

1. your name here says:

some of these have to be artwork right? i don’t think hundreds of people would gather around right next to a building to watch it burn.

• Mister Twister, former minister says:

Of course they would. Happens all the time even today, except that public safety officials keep them further away nowadays, and people have a lot more going on in their lives.

But let a structure catch fire in a small sleepy town and watch the crowds gather.

• no name here says:

Maybe it was the best way to stay warm in very cold Russian winter.

2. D says:

Old pictures kick ass.

3. erin says:

funny, i never think of any country but the u.s. having tornadoes. ignorant of me, i know. yes, that burning building photo IS odd – looks like a drawing, actually.

• spots says:

Nope, tornadoes could occur on any continents where the local weather and terrain allows their creation, (except antartica where none has been observed ). They are commonly associated with the usa because they are more frequent there.

For example there were a mini tornado about 9 years ago in the sleepy hungarian town of Sármellék where it damaged roofs and thown around unsecured items in ~500 wide strip before leaving the town and dissipating.

4. Marvin says:

Picture 8 is obviously an artists impression of picture 9

5. Holy Toledo says:

Acts of God are acts of God no matter where they occur !

6. finn says:

where do you get all this stuff? :D

7. BearPhotoshoppingJackal says:

It’s incredible to me that no one has yet figured out that all of these “disasters” could not really happen in Russia. They are no doubt my work, directed by foriegn jackals and Berezhovsky, undermining the good work of Plan Putina. PS – I accomplished this photoshopping from my dacha in Ukraine, under the supervision of Misha Saakashvili and Yulia Timeshenko.

8. sergey says:

yes?it`s funny, but in Russia students don`t shoot in university and don`t bomb iraq. i`m sorry for my english.

• Beslan mother says:

You are correct, because here in Russia the government sends storm troopers into our schools to shoot our kids for us.

• Chechnya survivor says:

Russian military cannot bomb Iraq or other country, because they are too busy killing civilians in Chechnya.

• Moldovan citizen says:

Please, if you need Russian troops for other mission such as bombing Iraq, you can have the ones who have occupied this region of Moldova to support a breakaway pro-Russian government. We would like to see them go, so they will stop taking our money at traffic checkpoints. If you keep them here, can you at least pay them salary enough so they don’t rob citizens here?

• take them from here also! says:

Please don’t forget to take the Russian soldiers from Republic of Georgia who occupy our lands in Abkhazia region, and the ones who cause the problems in South Ossetia.

• Pacific NW says:

I have a somewhat unrelated question. I’ve been reading that workers across Russia are being pressured and intimidated to vote for United Russia or face losing their job. This article here says, “The Kremlin is planning to rig the results of Russia’s parliamentary elections on Sunday by forcing millions of public sector workers across the country to vote, the Guardian has learned.”

Could I get a Russian opinion on these stories that have been appearing in the past few weeks? I’m curious.

9. david says:

Photoshop – all of them.

10. Wooshkaboom says:

“Moscow disaster” is redundant.

11. Texas1 says:

Who is orchestrating this attack on my character? Tell me! I am not interested in gay sex!!

12. Texas1 says:

Don’t forget, this weekend CNN will be televising a program called Czar Putin that will discuss the evil dictator.

13. Texas1 says:

Czar Putin

It’s a place where some say voicing your criticism could cost you your life. CNN’s Christiane Amanpour explores the dark side of Putin’s Russia. Don’t miss this CNN special investigation: Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 10 p.m. ET. It will also air on CNN International on Saturday and Sunday at 0700 and 2000 GMT.

• Wooshkaboom says:

“Christiane Amanpour explores the dark side of Putin’s Russia”

The dark side? Why explore the dark side, it’s so obvious.

“The good side of Putin’s Russia”, now there would be something I have NEVER seen…

14. drunK? says:

drunk?! are you at the party already? ??? i thought we start at 19:00? wtf?

15. Texas1 says:

I did not write that comment. I am not gay.

16. Texas1 says:

Stop being coward and pull my hair call me a dirty girl while you do me what you want

17. nike says:

sa va iau in pula de bulangii corditi si fututi,luav’as rasa mortii si familiile’n pula…

18. Igor says:

these pictures are clearly photoshoped. No doubt about it. Why else would they be bland and white huh?

19. John from Kansas says:

…how about in Saint Petersburg?