45 Mc Duck

Mc Duck

Posted on November 26, 2007 by

Fake Russian McDonalds 1

We've seen already fake gas stations, now they have fake McDonalds, like this one, called "McDuck", in Russian city Petrozavodsk. They used the exact "M" trademark logo but also added some duck face for it..

Fake Russian McDonalds 2

Fake Russian McDonalds 3

45 Responses to “Mc Duck”

1. root says:

Это либо фотошоп, либо они доверили написание стенда хачикам: читаем слово “нравиться” с лишним мягким знаком на вывеске…

2. alego says:

it spelled correct, learn Russian. But translated as ”
    that’s what I like”, as Macdonald’s Russian slogan

• the_great_below says:

Actually, the McDonalds logo in Russia is “Вот что я люблю” (and in Ukrainian: Я це люблю) and anyway, the logo in this photo IS spelt wrong – there shouldn’t be a ь (soft sign) in НРАВИТСЯ (e.g. the verb should be declined).

• Alex_AW says:

Word “нравится” in present continuous must be written without “ь” letter.
      About learning Russian. First comment written in perfect Russian, so , I think, root can give to you some lessons of the language.

• Name says:

word “нравится” was not spelled correctly! You really should learn Russian

3. Bullet in your head says:

and now they’re getting sued by Disney ‘cuz of faking Donald Duck?

4. Anna says:

Oh this reminds me of the fake McDonalds in Yaroslavl. It was called something like макмастр and used the golden arches logo too. It seemed to be very popular with the locals and sold traditional Russian food alongside the fries and hamburgers.

5. wolf says:

это не фотошоп – я три месяца был по делам в Петрозаводске и видел там это заведение, правда оно было закрыто (как и на снимках)

6. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

Silly Russian entrepreneur pick animal (duck) for fake McDonald’s.

Come to Tehran where we have more original very fast food restaurant–“McMahmoud’s.” There, you can buy food and support your local martyrs-in-training at same time, because percentage of proceeds go to “Mahmoud’s Martyr’s House,” a charitable organization working for the good cause–killing decadent Westerners and Wahabbis.

7. milk says:

I Love it~
    MC DUCK..

8. Richard S. says:

I guess trademark infringement is legal there…

• Domo says:

It’s not. But who cares? ;)
      Even in Moscow there are “fake” restaurants, for example there’s a Rostik’s-like place where I sometimes eat chicken (Rostik’s belongs to KFC).

9. Boris says:

It reminds me of Mastercard/Maestro deceptive advertising.

10. Groundskeeper Willie says:

Fit evir next eh?

11. Texas1 says:

Who wrote this? Who? Tell me now!

12. Texas1 says:

Do they serve duck burgers? I like duck breast. It is the best tasting red meat and very lean.

13. chicken says:

Are they selling duck products here?

14. Avengerrus says:

I saw the same fast-food restaurant in Vologda city.

15. mad1982 says:

eheheheh nice Russian version

16. RaiNDroP says:

“That’s what I like” spelled incorrect, trust me. Russian is my native language.

17. sad says:

jaja que gracioso

18. Jan Christopher says:

I also went to a ‘Pizza Hot’ in Russia..
    they did things different to pizza hut though.. and even had a monkey in a glass box. =S

19. American Mike says:

Petrozavodsk is a wonderful city. I miss it so much. However, I traveled all of the busiest business districts and do not recall having seen this establishment. I would have taken some pictures there for sure.

Petrozavodsk is the capital of the Republic of Karelia. It is on the shore of the beautiful Lake Onega. The people are poor by western standards, but happy. They are patriotic, but for Karelia, not so much for Russia.

In Russia, you get used to the fact that everything is pirated. You can NEVER feel comfortable in assuming that the products are associated with the western brands they bear, just because of the wrapping. They consider it a “tribute” to the brands whose wrappings they copy.

When in Petrozavodsk, you must sample the locally-produced foods. The produce, cheeses, berries, Karelian cuisine, and especially the ice cream are worth the overnight train ride from Saint Petersburg.

20. Kylex says:

Haha almost the same as in Taiwan. There’s a Mister Donut fast food chain – look absolutely similar to McD. Don’t be confused with Mister Donut Japanese teashop chain – that’s different thing.

21. poro says:

Because my previous comment was deleted by censor, I tell it again – the name of this city is not Petrozavodsk, it is Karelias capital Petroskoi, occupied by Russia.

22. Mike says:

No, poro. Petrozavodsk is correct. The people of that beautiful city call it Petrozavodsk. Even the ethnic Karelians.

The Karelians consider themselves to be the most attractive people on the planet. When in Petrozavodsk, you can show the locals your intelligence and good taste by noticing. They will often remind you that Miss Russia 1997 (or whatever year it was) was a Karelian.

Be sure to ask the people if they speak English. Their response will always be “Yes, of course!”, even if those are the only three words of English that they know.

I wanna go back to Petrozavodsk. Soon.

23. justina b says:

i LOVE this(:
    it’s so cute. i would love to eat mc.duck burgers(:
    im visiting russia soon. ill look for one of these!

24. phil says:

to those supposing photoshop: here is my post in a LJ advertising community about this stuff. photos made myself.

to admins: what about a link to the original source of pics? ;)

25. Mike says:

One VERY surprising find in downtown Petrozavodsk was the Saloon Sanchez, a very believable Mexican restaurant. I would recommend the fajitas.

While there, you must also sample the local Karelian cuisine at the Old Karelian Restaurant, located across English Avenue from the Hotel Severnaya. Lots of elk, fish dishes, kraut, and local bread and potato specialties. And don’t forget the red berry drink!

Scotty, beam me to Petrozavodsk! NOW!

26. jesus (FIN) says:

U can’t buy coca-cola,fanta etc. in MAK DAK but u can buy Beer :D (visit last summer because this Englishrussia thing)

27. [...] « Website for stress Mak Dak 16/11/2009 Hi.lar.ious. Thanks, Nick, for this. It’s a perfect tie-in to our discussion of the businesses in the chart in Lesson 9! Note the [...]

28. Thanks for this! I hope you have a wonderful night!

29. Hi. solid info on Maqui Berry. I saw your nice blog while researching google. For the previous few days I have been attempting to find more. Especially anything to do with the diet talk. I’ve witnessed it all and my neighbor keeps forcing her new weight loss fad on me. So I am happy I discovered you. All the best!

30. Murray Goff says:

If only more than 59 people would hear about this..

31. 2010 fashion says:

Did you see Bush yesterday?

32. BassMaster says:

Nice to see my hometown;). But “I am loving it” is incorrectly too because of present continues, so maybe owners decided to include some similar feature into russian slogan.

33. David Levy says:

Hold your tounge and say Mac duck

34. talking beaver says:

I remember them taking Vyborg/Viipuri after the Winter War was already officially over. Well. Those are the manners.