48 Inflatable Missiles Close-Ups

Inflatable Missiles Close-Ups

Posted on November 13, 2007 by

Russian inflatable missiles 1

Long time ago we have already showed the inflatable air defense complex that looks like a real thing from satellites thus is intended to fool the space spectators about whether or not real missiles are installed on some site. This time somebody got real close to the real working one not in the exhibition but in real world.

Russian inflatable missiles 5

Russian inflatable missiles 2

48 Responses to “Inflatable Missiles Close-Ups”

1. bullet in your head says:

actually these inflatable military vehicles are no Russian invention – they were already used by the British in WWII just before the invasion of the Normandie to fool the German. They thought the invasion would start elswhere and ka-chinnng! they landed far more west in France.

• Visitor says:

I think they also used them (inflatable tanks and trucks) in the North Africa campaign.

• Dungeonbrownies says:

actually even before that all they were used by chinese during warring periods (around a little before the middle and dark ages of europe)

• history professor says:

Before that they were used by cave-dwelling hunters. Yeah, they had blow-up dummies of big wooden clubs, and they used them to scare the neighbors in the next cave.

Or, if a guy wanted to take a wife but didn’t want to hit her on the head hard enough to kill her before he made little cavemen with her, he would just hit her with his blow-up rubber club, and then drag her off to his cave. It really cut down on the number of dead brides, and led to the sharp increase in human population.

• cypt says:

Actualy the same thing (fake horse riders) were used by Mongolians in their wars too.

• MaXiS says:

Yes, with little one difference: this looks like real thing almost in all spectral ranges, especcialy in radio and infrared. This effect achieved by special “metallized” cover and by inplanted thermo elements. This thing have exactly the same spectral picture like the real “warm” S-300/400 complex. It will be very hard for unmanned “Predator” or for any fighter with radio locator or with OLS to distinguish the real rocket launching system and the fake…

2. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

Can you sell me some of these? I like to use them to make joke and scary my friends in Persian (yes! It is Persian!!) Gulf. :)

• John from Kansas says:

LOL. But careful now, those are convincing enough to get
      bombs dropped on your head. Bush/Cheney don’t need much of an excuse to attack you.

• Frogolate says:

Yeah I know what you mean. I stuck out my tongue at Cheney when he was crossing the street. Before I could hit the unlock button on my car keys, my car exploded.

• Boris Abramov says:

Yes, what did they say was the reason for attacking Iraq again? :)

• Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

No problem. I invite them to Tehran for tea and smoke the hookah pipe for peace. Except I put the hashish in the pipe, and put the, ahhhh, how you say . . . date-rape drug in the tea.

Then I will have my big sexy friend Lukashenko from Minsk come in from hiding in back room and we make the sexy video with all of them. When they go home they will tell the people they had the very good “negotiations” with Tehran, and all is well.

• gem says:

in fact they don’t need excuse at all, so it’s irrelevant whether you inflate this toys or not :)

3. doda says:

loaded with hydrogen and if the enemy comming, shot and explosing :)

4. Hey, you deflated my mobile missle launcher.

Still, these are a lot more mobile than the normal versions!

5. Akhenathon says:

Francis Gary Powers got 10 years in Siberia for shooting these mockups…

6. Sedgwick says:

The United States military has long held a tradition of the Quaker Gun. These could be called “Quaker Missiles.”

7. Greg says:

Very interesting looking, any idea where these where taken?

• Visitor says:

I’d like to know that as well. I assume the building behind the “trucks” in the first photo is some kind of rocket museum, since you can see a tall white one through the glass. Unless, of course, it is also fake. :)

8. mad1982 says:

Nice pix thnx
    Russia the best in space

9. Richard S. says:

I wonder if they were used during the Cuban Missle Crisis…

10. kremlin aide says:

Putin has them in his office, where he “interrogates” them each morning before he starts his work.

11. John from Kansas says:

LOL. The mind boggles with the possibilities.

12. Sergei says:

HaHa, I love it. I want one! Can you just buy this at like a swimming pool shop or a condom shop?

13. Marina says:

All countries should have just these weapons.

14. Ari The Finn says:

Sun-Tsu wrote: “If you are weak, pretend to be strong”

One of the ancient warlords had not enough horsemen to conquer a castle held by his opponent. So, the night before the planned attack he gave an order to produce mock-up horsemen, using straws, ropes and stuff. These oversized ‘horsemen’ where strapped on to real horses. The horse were chained with a rope, and one man led them to travers atop of a nearby hill, far enough not to blow their cover, but visible as the moon was behind them.

The opponent saw the huge ‘warriors’ riding in silence, apparentely encircling his castle. It looked like the attacking party was much stronger than anticipated. A panic hit the guards and once they abandon their posts, it was like a snowball rolling down the hill.

When the warlord prepared his troops for the real attack by dawn, he was informed that a white-flag had been hoisted to atop of the castle. No battle was needed since most of the defenders of the castle had escaped during the night.

• Visitor says:

There is a book called “Bodyguard of Lies,” that tells about deception operations used by some of the Allies during WWII. The title is taken from one of Churchill’s quotes, I believe. To paraphrase–it was something about the need to protect the truth so much that it must be wrapped in a “bodyguard of lies.” Churchill said it much better, of course.

• Mixa says:

Mongols were supposedly keeping 3 fires night before battle so the enemy would think there was a huge army.

15. Eris says:

Subj: Some inflatable targets to be shot down by inflatable missiles fired by inflatable jets… the most humane war ever. :)

16. sam says:

i could initiate a hostile takeover of the community pool with these. (I’m sorry sir! It seems I have the superior inflatables!

17. If you play the enemy, do you have to attach those inflatable missiles we’ve all seen on internet sites (http://tinyurl.com/ytlqow),onto you’re vehicle?

18. [...] decoys from Russia can be easily deployed and look very real, even at relatively short distances. I believe every army should have these to keep the opponent guessing and maybe try to conserve a [...]

19. cx420ns says:

nerf wars!!!!!!!

20. w says:

This is silly – wouldn’t it be betterer to make ICBM in shape of blow up doll?

21. jmndos says:

They should sell these online…….It will keep the frightened….

22. JG says:

Where do I get them?

23. jane says:

My Friend Asked me to Read your Post English Russia » Inflatable Missiles Close-Ups on Thursday.Your post was Well written.Please Keep it up .I Like reading on inflatable pool.