39 First Russian Car

First Russian Car

Posted on November 4, 2007 by

First Russian Car 1

Do you have an idea how the first Russian car looked like? No, no it’s not something looking like the vehicle on the picture above?

First Russian Car 2

It was looking like this, it was steam powered and was widely used to tow wagons, especially on the countryside.

First Russian Car 3

First Russian Car 4

via homaaxel

Subscribe to our Facebook, Twitter to stay updated for the new posts. Also we have many more stories to explore below:

More stories:

Click here to read next random post from English Russia

39 Responses to “First Russian Car”

1. maxD says:

I’d say it’s a locomotive. Not a car.

2. Mugremovil says:

First ?

3. Mugremovil says:

Ohh.. no… :(

4. John from Kansas says:

Judging by the small smooth wheels, could this be more of a portable steam power plant used to drive other machines?.

• Jafah says:

Yes – this is a stationary engine. It would be towed from location to location (usually by a team of horses) and be used to run equipment such as threshing machines or sawmills. Note that there is no connection between the flywheel (large heavy wheel on top of the engine attached to the connecting rod/piston) and the wheels.

5. John from Kansas says:

Show us the rest of the museum.

6. Bullwinkle says:

This s not car. It is portable vodka generator. 10 russia woman can easily transport when steered by man.

• Wise advise says:

Is this your mating season,Bullwinkle?now a days you are discussing very much sex.

• Bullwinkle says:

This is vodka week. On this day, I will discuss the vodka. Sex season doesn’t officially start until next month and runs all year.

Do you have any attractive, young virgins in tribe to trade me?

• Zafarad says:

Absolutely no,i wish one day i have pretty girl date and ……..with me! ! ! ! !.and virginity is the out of my demand,now a days “this commodity is very rare”.their “LIPS” are always welcoming every one with huge “SMILE”.

7. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says:

What?! This is what Putin sold me for my nuclear weapons program! I can’t believe it. I thought he was my friend.

8. lynne says:

I love old machinery and mechanics-tractors being my favourite but these last two pictures are lovely.The car at the top kinda looks like the old ford v8 pilot…

9. Boris Abramov says:

Am I right in speculating that the first picture is that of “Moskvitch” wich was based on 1940s Opel Kadett?

10. John from Kansas says:

Have any examples of the Russian version survived?

11. Alfrendo says:

Mi coche usa diesel.

12. Salocin.TEN says:

It seems based on Stephenson’s Rocket (go search Wikipedia or The Smithsonian for it).

13. talking beaver says:

Actually, first mass produced car in Russian Empire was Russo-Balt.

14. Zafarad says:

I have wonder that no one point out about the”restoration of this CAR”.i think only original part which is survive till this day is the”fire compartment” of the boiler.look again,except the fire chamber every single part was made with very crude and ugly techniques.instead of they had to remake riveted cylindrical boiler tank.they made welded pipe.also i am amazed to look the poor welded wheels and fly wheel also looking very fake and new casted.yes restoration is very important job but the true restoration job is more demanding.

• John from Kansas says:

Zafarad, check out the link above provided by “vladimir fickdusiemir”. Some people traveled to a similar engine that remains in a remote taiga area.

15. Wooshkaboom says:

Ah, must be the 2008 model Lada… driver and passenger seats removed, because “in Soviet Putinlandia, car drives you”.

16. Ricky Bobby says:

y man whats this pile of rust? Bourbon is the drink of real men.

17. [...] Supply Fail In Dneprodzerzhinsk nbspnbspFirst Russian Car nbspnbspAnger of Kizimen VolcanonbspnbspInserting a Reactor nbspnbspThe Station: [...]

18. [...] Petersburg Water Landing nbspnbspSmugglers Car nbspnbspPlanes Crashing Into TrucksnbspnbspFirst Russian Car nbspnbspAnger of Kizimen [...]