58 Personal Computer into Brewery

Personal Computer into Brewery

Posted on October 4, 2007 by

how to turn personal computer into brewery 1

Looks like Russians can turn an ordinary home computer into almost everything. For example, looks like this one can fill your mug with a fresh beer. Though actually nobody can tell how this weird thing works.

how to turn personal computer into brewery 2

how to turn personal computer into brewery 3

58 Responses to “Personal Computer into Brewery”

1. Greg says:

awesome/
    f1rst!

2. comment says:

FIRST!!!

3. bobwhite says:

Or… it could be a liquid cooled computer. Could be.

4. comment says:

damn! almost made a record!!

5. cholera says:

Fantastic steampunk mod!

6. John from Kansas says:

Great design. Boiler like. Perhaps it makes espresso.

7. AngieAreI says:

Pimp !

8. Texas1 says:

Hey Boris,

They are talking about your “potential arms race with russia” on CNN HN.

9. Becca says:

Sorry, this computer is actually just stylized to look “steampunk” – I think the extras might also function as a cooling mechanism.

Bottom line: no beer.

This was originally posted on BoingBoing, by the way.

Who writes EnglishRussia, anyway, and do they ever check their sources?

• Dungeonbrownies says:

obviously they dont care, they just have the kgb steal posts from other sites and shoot the dissidents.

10. KrisPL says:

isn’t it in Poland?
    because I can see a polish anti-freeze coolant fluid Orlen PetrygoQ on the 12th photography.

11. david says:

Looks very much like something from the SteamPunk workshop: http://steampunkworkshop.com/index.shtml

12. Xargo says:

I think that this machine is comeing from poland. I see polish liquid for window-cleaning [in car sprinklers] called “Petrygo Q”.

13. Danny Greene says:

Yes, but then you would miss the great opportunity to see the beautiful Blue Ridge and and Great Smokey Mountains that cross between Tennessee, North Carolina, and Virginia. You also would miss the opportunity to meet some of the local southern folks that live in those areas. You might even get a chance to see some Cherokee Indians which as you probably already know were Americans first exposure to Reds !
    –Danny Greene

14. Rizzon says:

DAMN! This is awesome!

It looks like it runs on steam (and I don’t mean steam from Half Life 2 ;)

15. mad-monkey says:

It’s a Polish mod, not Russian.

Even the text on the gauges says “Napiecie”, which is
    Polish for “Voltage”.

16. mybutt says:

nice mod

17. Gerry says:

Best beer ever, and I have tasted a lot of the stuff: “U Fleku”, in a bar/restaurant of the same name, in Praha (Prague), Czech Rep. A ‘porter’, which I usually don’t like. It was rich and creamy, I didn’t just sip it, I chewed it. Amazing stuff. Secret recipe. Made on the premises for about 500 years, never canned or bottled or sold elsewhere. You have to go there to drink it. Avoid the restaurant (pectopah), as it is overpriced due to the influx of Western EU tourists since I was there in ’93.
    Just the best beer I’ve ever had in 55 years of tasting it. Salute!

18. Brett says:

Funny to see this beer discussion here… I doubt that is actually beer in the line since it’s not refrigerated.

America is leading the world in brewing innovation right now, check out some of the microbrews hailing from Oregon: Rogue, Pelican, Roots, Laurelwood, Hair of the Dog, Hopworks, etc.

Internationally my favorite beers are German and Belgian, but I brew my own most of the time.

19. Signe says:

As someone else said, this has nothing to do with beer. It’s just a Steampunk case mod. Undoubtedly it’s a cooling system.

Just research Steampunk on the net and it will become painfully obvious.

20. [...] englishrussia.com i`ve found this beautiful SteamPunk inspired PC mod… [...]

21. [...] PC Brewery This particular mod comes all the way from Russia and is a bit more functional than your typical PC.  That’s right, it can dispense you a cold one (or is it a warm one because of all the internal heat?) during your 8 hour WoW marathon sessions.  But in all seriousness, why aren’t major PC manufacturers capitalizing on this concept? [...]

22. Gurtek singh says:

Nice mod of Pc……………..

23. [...] awesomely Steampunk PC case mod from Russia of all places. I never actually thought I would say it, but it does look like you can [...]

24. [...] awesomely Steampunk PC case mod from Russia of all places. I never actually thought I would say it, but it does look like you can [...]

25. Steelrat says:

but.. THAT MAY NOT BE MOD!

see this bottle with “petrygo”? it’s from Poland.
    it’s fluid for car’s radiators.
    I do not think, that russian modder uses polish products…

26. Cool stuff!

I’ve seen a small brewery from a local bar that is the size of a closet with matching pipes and valves. But I never did know that it can be made smaller the size of the computer. And the good thing is it is really recycled from a used PC. Truly, many have supported the campaign for “green computing”.

27. Xpltivdletd says:

Hey, whatever it is and whatever it does besides make us wonder about that–GOOD JOB. “Waste not–want not.”

It shows signs of really good Redneck Engineering. Makes me very glad we didn’t get around to throwing stuff at each-other. Best regards.

28. Xpltivdletd says:

Red Stripe, mon. Curiously refreshing at room temperature, in a place where refrigerators were not common when it came to be.

When I learned to drink what the people who LIVE there are drinking, wherever I was, I found there is no better way to appreciate beer (or other drinks). There is nothing quite as good as the local brew–usually. When they add stuff to it so it travels better, it just isn’t the same. If there is anything finer than Guinness *IN* England or Ireland, God kept it for Himself. But, although Gibraltar is techincally part of the UK, Guinness in Gibraltar is NASTY. I got nothing but a persistent bad taste and a headache, as if I’d skipped the buzz & gone directly to the morning-after.

Red Stripe in the Caribbean, at room temperature, was clearly brewed to be enjoyed that way. Best regards.

29. [...] Russian-born Wall-E case mod was solid. But this steampunkish job posted to English Russia is just plain nutty. When did intensely-over-the-top case-modding become the thing to do in [...]

30. [...] Russian-born Wall-E case mod was solid. But this steampunkish tube, wood and pipe job posted to English Russia is just plain nutty. When did intensely-over-the-top case-modding become the thing to do in [...]

31. ferrisferris says:

This stuff is made by a Polish guy so this time it’s not “English Russia” but rather “English Poland”.

The Orlen’s logo (Polish petrochemical company) is clearly visible in the background.

32. niyaz86 says:

Cool! I want this!

33. hehehe says:

Russians rulezzz

34. [...] id like to drink beer instead of playing computer The weird things that people do [...]

35. john c says:

Awesome steampunk machine, probably serves warm beer though. Someone put a lot of effort into building that,worthy machine!

36. Yoron says:

American beer?

Now, that was a good joke, using the two words ‘American’ and ‘beer’ at the same time :)

37. AnnK says:

C’est trop bien secret story ! Rendez secret story aux belges ! Les 2 premieres saisons on avait le droit ! Plus maintenant ! S’il vous plait essayez de faire qu’on puisse voir les vidéos partout en Belgique. Faut faire une petition… Votez Maxime !

38. Roman says:

Takova computera bi v Californiu!!! SICK PHOTOS!!!

39. alcomahol says:

so is the beer the liquid in the cooling loop?