72 Weird Russian Tuning and Car Modifications

Weird Russian Tuning and Car Modifications

Posted on September 25, 2007 by

weird Russian tuning and car modifications 1

You can meet these strange cars in the streets of Russia and the former Soviet republics. Most of them were produced in the USSR, and most likely, Soviet engineers could not even think about such fate of these vehicles. But some of them are tuned very nicely.

weird Russian tuning and car modifications 2

weird Russian tuning and car modifications 3

72 Responses to “Weird Russian Tuning and Car Modifications”

1. talking beaver says:

Well. First and foremost it is Asia.

2. saunabiber says:

at least 2 pictures are from cuba, though.

• Boris Abramov says:

I am sorry, what pictures? As far as I am aware, I cannot see any pictures that even remotely look like they were taken in Cuba. Which pictures in particular are you referring to?

3. H Cook says:

#49 this is what Al Gore want’s every one to drive

4. void says:

I saw russian, ukrainian, moldavian, polish number plates.
    BTW, this one looks cool http://englishrussia.com/images/more_weird_russian_tuning/131.jpg

5. yingjai says:

i like the last one

6. free gas and free tires with purchase of free air says:

Inflate your tires to the sidewall PSI for +10 hp!

7. Pros says:

All pictures are manipulated with photoshop

8. John from Kansas says:

J.C. Whitney rocks!

9. Coligny says:

I’m quite sure that at least 2 or 3 are factory mint (limited run or special order) especially for some of the high-lifts or off roaders….

10. Wout says:

Picture 7 & 55 Volvo FTW!!

11. adios says:

zveri a ne mashini

12. HomoSovieticus says:

Bozhe moj, nu konservnye banki… na metallolom! Nemedlenno!!!

13. Boris Abramov says:

Poshol na hui eblan ! I am bidla !

14. Pavel says:

One day I will drop an American 350 v-8 into a 71-72 Lada Zsiguli and put in a new trans and rear axle to handle the power. 350 is 5.7 liter engine. 5700cc

15. Texas1 says:

That is an interesting subculture. We don’t have anything quite like it here in the US.

16. Boris Abramov says:

You impostor

17. Igor says:

hmm fascinating stuff

just goes to show that russkies simply aren’t familiar with the concepts of “good taste” and “style”

18. Igor says:

fascinating stuff…

it just goes to show once again that russians are simply unfamiliar with the concepts of “good taste” and “style”…

19. John from Kansas says:

I think it could. There are 4 banger dragsters putting out 700+bhp, and GM Racing has a Sunfire that’s pushing 850-900hp.

20. Wotan says:

Hey you sceptics!
    I called to owner of that Moskvich and he told there really is the original engine. Not a copy of BMW. Aluminium.. Twin-turbo, over 600hp, turbo pressure about 4 kilos!!! Rear axel is from Toyota Hiace. Quarter mile 9,7 sec…
    See the video. (Finnish program, so if you don’t understand it, it’s not my problem..)

21. LbIC says:

There is site http://zubil.net/ with another “tuned cars”

22. Lacius says:

There should be a game with these cars

23. parul says:

No doubt, Russians are simply unfamiliar with the concepts of “good taste” and “style”… but Ize sure got one…

Grrrrrrr88888 post Ize…keep goin…cheers!!!!

24. oh my! some absolute horrors there!
    also some works of genius ingenuity… plenty time and effort spent trying to conjure something from nowt…

that said… I am rather taken with the idea of getting hold of one of those old round-light Ladas and doing a proper job on it… slammed, smoothed, new running gear, nackers well and truly tuned off…

people knock these cars, but i like them, and there’s nowt wrong with individuality & wanting to do something a bit different.

25. Zoli says:

Hát azért az orosz autós kollégák sem pihennek nagyon tetszenek a LADA-megoldások, Zastava, brakasz, van minden.
    Überkirály kocsik is vannak.

LADA az eggyik nagy kedvenc orosz autóm :)

Russian cars Nice, Lada First car. :D

26. henry hänninen says:

siistiä

27. kaija pursiainen says:

siistiä

28. Panzer says:

The pics number 118 & 119 are from finland..
    the car is streetlegal and it has 2 massive turbos =D

29. Szepi says:

Na ez nem, semmi

30. klop says:

ŁADA is The best :)

31. mario says:

show de atrocidades…. ridiculo

32. konstantin says:

i live in russia im 14 years old but i know all about those cars as i like them some cars are not modifications like :a bus with ZIL cabin!its a ZIL bus fro ZIL factory a rare car!

33. [...] Ricers??? Found this page while googleing….. English Russia Weird Russian Tuning and Car Modifications looks like sparco is the APC of Russia. Some pics from the site… [...]

34. [...] is one of my favorite websites, And today I came across the Russian modding scene…. Enjoy English Russia Weird Russian Tuning and Car Modifications P.S. The rest of the site is worth a browse round too, Some interesting pics on [...]

35. demon says:

some of those pictures are not from russia. but no wonder that americans think that poland or czech republic are in russia.

36. Hooper says:

25, 26, and 27 look like the owner is trying to be Mad Max!

37. Xpltivdletd says:

Just a shortened subcompact. It has been cut in half, then the cabin reduced to 2-seater dimensions and welded back together. Planning and metalworking skills would be needed for success in such a project. Do it right, the result has as much horsepower as before, but now the car is a few hundred kilos lighter and quicker to steer. Unless you did it with an old VW bus, the successful result is a serious redneck sports-car. It looks like this one was done acceptably well. Best regards.

• Xpltivdletd says:

That was posted as a reply to somebody trashing the little Redneck Sports-coupe in Photo #49. Best regards.

38. Xpltivdletd says:

…with WHOSE “concepts of ‘good-taste’ and ‘style,’…?” Americans once took such liberties with motor vehicles, before such liberties were taken from them by bureaucrats & Insurance Overlords. Best regards.

39. [...] is tuning.. English Russia Weird Russian Tuning and Car Modifications __________________ PaoloTo view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or [...]

40. Klic says:

Except for that black limo, thats Skoda 100 and its definitely NOT from Russia

41. melody says:

i like the edited images………..

42. àñôàëüòîóêëàä÷èêè, àâòîêðàíû, áóëüäîçåðû, ãðåéäåðû, êàòêè, ïîãðóç÷èêè, ýêñêàâàòîðû…

Ïîãðóç÷èêè èñïîëüçóþòñÿ äëÿ çàñûïêè, ðàñêîïêè, âûðàâíèâàíèè è äðóãèõ ðàáîò ñ ðàçëè÷íûìè ìàòåðèàëàìè…

43. [...] EnglishRussia: Weird Russian Tuning and Car Modifications [...]

44. Hi,

I wanted to let you know that I have been watching for a a couple of months on and off and I would like to sign up for the daily feed. I am not to computer smart so I’ll give it a try but I might need some help. This is a good find and I would hate to lose contact, and maybe never discover it again.

Anyway, thanks again and I look forward to reading again in the future!

45. Max from Russia says:

Where all it – I never saw anything similar in streets. It is ridiculous.

46. to josip says:

the webname says “tuning and car modifications” and as i know the new wheels is a modificatoin, or isn’t it?