44 Russian Fashion at 1979

Russian Fashion at 1979

Posted on September 3, 2007 by

Russian fashion back from 1979 1

These are scans from The Only Soviet Fashion Magazine called “Fashion” back from 1979…

Russian fashion back from 1979 2

Russian fashion back from 1979 11

Russian fashion back from 1979 12

Russian fashion back from 1979 13

Russian fashion back from 1979 14

Russian fashion back from 1979 15

Russian fashion back from 1979 16

Subscribe to our Facebook, Twitter to stay updated for the new posts.

More stories:

Click here to read next random post from English Russia

44 Responses to “Russian Fashion at 1979”

1. zafarad says:

Yes i do love Soviet styled fashions.i think these so called `fashion` wave is not more than new styled uniforms system.style No13,was so popular at that age.`he that has teeth has no bread,he that has bread has not teeth`.

2. Marky says:

They did like their boots didn’t they?

3. Tony says:

All of these fashions wouldn’t look out of place on the street today. I’m sure somebody will steal them and use them for next season’s designs.

4. Al says:

Yes Russian women like boots. I find the ones with the pointed curled elf toes silly.

5. Mugremovil says:

Hey!
    Where are the swimsuits?

6. Mektoub says:

I understand your point of view, It’s smart and useful, and back to the hype again, Zara models have, been lookin*g like this in the past few months, highheel boots are a must in Paris at the moment, they help to wear the miniskirts :)

7. John from Kansas says:

With such an understanding of womens fashion, perhaps you could influence American style. Seriously.

8. Sue says:

Not all of us American women have bad fashion taste. . .but I must agree with your comment on the jean shorts and sweaters- yuck!

9. sputnishka says:

I like some of these coats and big deal if they only have one fashion magazine. At least they didn’t waste time designing clothes that no one would ever wear, as in many Western fashion magazines.

10. leon187 says:

ты думаешь тебя кто нибудь здесь понимает? И причём тут фильм?

11. Dr Windalo says:

Hot like coal! ! !.i must say,these MODELS were forced performers.look the expressions on their faces….

12. Pyotr Velikii says:

Adios:
    Learn russian if you’re going to write in Cyrillic.

The fashions are old, but they are cyclic. These fashions are beginning to re-emerge in the West, and, yes, of course Russian women loved boots. So did Russian men, children and babushki y dedushki. It gets bitterly cold in Russia and slogging through snow is no fun in sneakers!

BTW, the magazine was called “Fashion and the Time”

13. Pacific NW says:

But lets not forget those wonderfull high school uniforms for the girls (I never will). they’ve got to be the best fashion invention ever!

14. Belov says:

Wow, russians haven’t changed their fashion taste since 1979! They wear the same thing now!!!!!

15. BabyGirl says:

I think those outfits look pretty cool

16. D says:

Lets make some russian babies.

17. Marko says:

Če si s prstom brišeš rit,nesi v usta ne na zid

18. Carolyn says:

Maybe I’m old, but I think all those outfits are cute, and I’d buy them today. From what I remember from my one trip to Soviet Russia, even the Russian women couldn’t have bought those dresses in 1979, if they’d wanted to. (Wearable, cute clothes _never_ made it into stores.)

19. [...] Petersburgo desde un helicóptero, el Permafrost Museum, una carrera con tacones, la moda rusa de 1979 o de 1989, el concurso Miss Russian Army, edificios medievales de madera abandonados, un calendario [...]

20. Elizabeth says:

Does any one know to whom these designs can be attributed? I am trying to find the names of Soviet fashion designers from the 1960s; I am looking for inspiration for a woman’s evening dress for a play. Mrs. Nikita Krushchev’s outfit from her dinner with Mimi and Ike is the only thing I’ve been able to find and it dates from 1959.

21. Michele says:

Love the fashions and the boots – it is the hairdo’s that are scary!

22. B.W. says:

These are the summer fasions.

23. Clarine chun mylasia….

Clarine chun mylasia. Clarine….

24. Thera says:

A couple of the models look quite good actually :)

1979 isn’t so long ago anyway.

25. m says:

veriveri manki

26. Hey there I sumbled upon your webpage by mistake, I was browsing Bing for New Fashion Designers when I found your blog, I must say your blog is very interesting I truely think the layout, its astounding!. I’m in a bit of a rush at the moment to entirely read your website but I have favorited it and also signed up for your RSS feeds. I will be back when I free up some time. Bravo for a great blog.

27. Adrian says:

Ну как ни крути что-то такое есть в ваших постах :)

28. Lukyan says:

А можно часть поста использовать в местной газете? Естественно с ссылкой на первоисточник?

29. Linas Lituanus says:

This wasn’t the only magazine. We had yet one in Lithuania then, that publicated even examples of more radical fashion.

But, yes, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia weren’t a legal part of the USSR :)

30. Ashton Cox says:

i like black and also white evening dresses, they are very stylish and classy”:.

31. uggs button says:

Have a good day! Thanks for sharing. :0

32. i like black evening dresses and ball gowns, they are really very classy;:”

33. Mister Twister, former minister says:

Lighten up Elena! I am sure that you have seen attractive Western men at least once.