37 Drugs? I Wait for You!

Drugs? I Wait for You!

Posted on August 31, 2007 by

drugs ad in St. Petersburg 1

There are appeared a lot of social advertising recently, the banners made in one style with one guy standing, this is either a special forces masked guy or a doctor or a guy that digs graves at cemeteries or the car repairman near the wrecked car and on every banner there is only one phrase: "Drugs? I wait for you!".

Their appearance was found somehow funny by most of Russian Internet bloggers and many photoshopped versions started to appear in Russian Internet segment.

drugs ad in St. Petersburg 2

drugs ad in St. Petersburg 3

37 Responses to “Drugs? I Wait for You!”

1. Strawberry Shortcake sez: Jesus is berry delicious! says:

I don’t get it.

2. renton says:

Great for you. But if you want they are waiting for you

3. illlich says:

2nd photoshopped one is great– that dude is soooooo high!

I bet that bass balalaika player is high too, and is playing Grateful Dead.

4. crash says:

ROFL!!! Those are great!!

5. AngieAreI says:

LAWLZ.
    Ah those are great.
    Ha !

6. zafarad says:

Interesting.i like Deniro,the grave digger……….

7. longrun says:

Ha-ha! Remaid versions have different captions. That adds to the comical effect.
    I personally like the ‘Star Wars’ one: “Drugs?.. Dad?..” :)

8. inspector johnson says:

this isn’t funny you guys. drugs will really kill you

• Texas1 says:

Pot won’t kill. It has too many medicinal benefits.

• heyyoucanchangeyourname says:

Umm, you do realize that they only use pot as a medicine when people are about to die and they have no hope, right?

• Texas1 says:

Wrong! Marijuana has been used for thousands of years for all types of ailments. During this time there has never been a known case of someone dying of a marijuana overdose. Further, while many medical studies have been conducted about marijuana, they generally supported the idea that marijuana was a relatively safe drug — not totally free from potential harm, but unlikely to create serious harm for most individual users or society.

• Texas1 says:

I agree with you 100%.

• luckman says:

Yeah, dude. Don’t blame the drugs.

• fromukrainewithlove says:

people listen i’m from the Netherlands i know everything there is to know about drugs…ok? And I tell YOU i know dozens of cases were people have developed a mental illnes deu to the use of cannabis.

• omegabot says:

yeah and your sources are where, magical netherlandian authority? if it’s not in a psychiatric or medical journal, it’s public fear-mongering. More people per capita smoke in California than in the ‘dam (in America, to be honest), and I have yet to read a single conclusive study on the terrifying debilitating effects of the marijuana smoke.

• hauptbeuteltier says:

From the article: Dr Stanley Zammit of Bristol and Cardiff universities (in the Daily express newspaper of the 27th of July 2007) reported “Even if cannabis did increase the risk of psychosis, most people using the drug would not get ill”

Apparently the risk is very small. I liken it to the risk of going crazy from walking in on your parents having sex. Of course I am not recommending pot. I am saying that each person should take into account their own personal medical history and that of their family. If your grandfather and father were psyhotic, then mind-altering substances of any kind might not be such a great idea. :)

9. I am says:

Laugh now cry later !

10. Richard S. says:

Looks like actor Dustin Hoffman..

11. mango banana says:

that guy with his EYES ius missing :D

12. buddy says:

Funny stuff, even if you don’t fully understand Russian. Thanks dude

13. Sjaastad says:

Wth!? Is that guy with the acoustic bass the Norwegian newsreporter stationed in Russia?

14. brian t says:

Caption for the last pic:
    “That’s not a Balalaika: THIS is a Balalaika!”

15. king in yellow says:

That Cthulhu one isn’t so much *funny* as *mysterious*…

…kind of makes me want to take drugs…?

16. Texas1 says:

Maybe the first guy is trying to plant some marijuana but the rain and floods keep destroying his crop. Damn Chinese and their global warming pollution!

17. Frosty says:

This would really be helpful if anyone could translate the captions on the photoshopped versions. anyone?

Thanks.

18. mjw says:

My Russian’s rusty, but these are not too complicated… I think.

Cthulhu: “Drugs? I wait…” (standard caption)
    Open shirt man: “Drugs? Again?”
    Trio: “Drugs? Everyone is waiting…”
    Zombie looking doctor: “Salary? There isn’t any…” (I had to look up “zarplata,” so maybe I got it wrong.)
    Obese face mask dude: “Drugs? From where?” (Unless “narkotki” is a pun and not a typo)
    De Niro: As Cthulhu
    Darth Vader: “Drugs?” “Papa?”
    Leonidas: “DRUGS!”
    Megabalalaika: As De Niro

• Stas says:

Instead of “again”, its “Drugs? More?”
      Instead of “salary”, its “pay? there is none”

other than that, you’re acccurate

19. Insp. gregson says:

Cthulhu… international superstar!!!

20. Hi. nice info on Maqui Berry. I saw your pleasant blog while researching google. For the last few days I’ve been trying to find more. Particularly anything to do with the dieting babble. I’ve heard it all and my best friend continues advertising her new weight loss craze on me. So I am grateful I found you. Bye!

21. [...] more of English Russia: nbspnbspWinter Special Exercises nbspnbspDrugs? I Wait for You! nbspnbspRed [...]

22. [...] more of English Russia: nbspnbspWinter Special Exercises nbspnbspDrugs? I Wait for You! nbspnbspRed [...]

23. yatsyy says: