26 Minus Sixty Seven

Minus Sixty Seven

Posted on August 26, 2007 by

minus fifty in Russia 1

These days when it’s +90 F outside people in Russia, it’s hard to believe that sometimes it’s -67 F (-55 C is roughly -67 F)….

minus fifty in Russia 2

minus fifty in Russia 3

Subscribe to our Facebook, Twitter to stay updated for the new posts. Also we have many more stories to explore below:

More stories:

Click here to read next random post from English Russia

26 responses to “Minus Sixty Seven”

1. Mikey says:

Nice Pictures by the way, -55c wrap up good!

• Darek from Poland says:

just joke about Siberia:

Ivan live in Novosibirsk
      Tom, Ivan’s US friend, is phoneing him:

Tom: hello
      Ivan: zdrawstvujte
      T: i’ve heard that you have a temperature -55C
      I: it’s not true, there is about -20C (-1F)
      T: are you sure, i just heard it from tv
      I: it’s only imperialist propaganda
      T: realy ? It’s from CNN news
      I: Oh, just maybe they think about temeperature outside of the building

• D says:

Pros is a closet homosexual and this is his way of expressing it.

2. SS says:

When its -55* C its time to :

-drink vodka
    -bake cookies and eat when still warm
    -Listen to Gogol Bordello
    -play hide sausage with special lady friend ( Ukranians play that game with sister of course )

-put Putin’s shirt back on and tell him to stopping kissing baby boys on the tummy until it gets warmer

3. Kazik says:

Only in Russia can white people live in such great extremes. Good on them. They are good people.

• maxD says:

Actually, the really cold places are those where the BAD people were sent.

And the tribes living there are officially not considered to be russians [even though ‘russian’ is not a tribe or etnic group: the russian is the end result of a meltingpot of many tribes]

• Washington says:

MaxD,

You comments tend to be quite informative, but for some reason they always end up quite negative and pessimistic. And I really want to understand why? Is it because you are a pessimist by nature? Is it because you are going through depression, or having some domestic problems?

Perhaps if you told us all you problem, we could understand you better, or even could help in some way. What’s the matter, buddy? Life is so wonderful. Why can’t you enjoy it while its still here? Come on, don’t be shy, tell me your problem – I won’t judge. If that is too difficult for you, I know a wonderful doctor who has helped many people going through similar problems. Come on MaxD, open up. I just want to help 🙂

• maxD says:

Wait a minute.i wiping out my tears.you are wonderful guy.you catch up my damn problem.i am thinking from long time ago no one loves me.i am alone at the age of 67.my buddies are died.i live in cave like room outside the city.please send me some mony.i be thankful to you.

• Washington says:

Now doesn’t that make you feel better? 🙂

• maxD says:

Look at the grammar. That’s zafarad.

zafarad.

[sigh…]

Can you please use capital letters at the beginning of each sentence and use comma’s and spaces where applicable ?

• Washington says:

PS – it nice to see that we are though the first self-denial stage. How about trying to be more positive from now on? If you do well, you will be cured 🙂

4. Oni says:

Wow, I never knew it got that cold in Russia.

5. Boris Abramov says:

Where is this? Don’t think it can get that cold in the European part. Even Murmansk has never experienced such extremes..

• zax says:

Murmansk has pretty mild climate, considering how far north it
      is located. Actually, during the winter, it is warmer than Moscow. Water in Murmansk’s port never freezes, thanks to unusually warm currents. The same is true for almost the whole Scandinavian coast (example: Tromso in Norway).

6. kori says:

I’ve heard an other joke about Russian winter:

After WW2 the borders of the USSR had changed. But a village, what’s more, a house happened to be cut by the new border. Therefore the owner of the house was asked whether he wanted to live in Poland or in the USSR. The guy had choosen Poland. When he was asked why he had refused to live in the amazing socialism, in the amazing Soviet Union, the guy just answered: “I can’t stand those Russian winters.”

7. Boris says:

Interesting, this is the lowest limit that most electronic parts could handle under the “extended” range (for higher-quality outdoor devices), so consumer electronics would already malfunction. If I’m not mistaken MIL-SPEC is rated at -65C.

8. Tim says:

It is LUK-Oil Company building on the 1-st picture.

9. Tim says:

And it is Kogalym town.

10. Ill be cheering the for the Saints, but I think the Colts will take it.