31 The Most Weird Russian Kids Playgrounds

The Most Weird Russian Kids Playgrounds

Posted on August 15, 2007 by

We've also told about weird Russian playgrounds. For example, the steel style children playground or this one with fearful monsters.

But here are some more shots.

This one, in Donetsk, is somehow related with Sigmund Freud.

the most weird russian playgrounds for kids 1

the most weird russian playgrounds for kids 2

Russian folklore in Steven King horror style. Moscow.

the most weird russian playgrounds for kids 3

31 Responses to “The Most Weird Russian Kids Playgrounds”

1. Pros says:

Everybody’s welcome to participate in this, I would say, kinda “social” survey.

2. numb says:

If you grow up around this kind of playgrounds, you wont fear anything later on..

3. Russ, Ian says:

Here we go again! Another “weird” posting.
    Someone tell the blogger the meaning of the word “weird”.

• Comment by Dora the Explorer sez: There's a monkey in my backpack with GPS! says:

weird (wîrd)
      adj., weird·er, weird·est.
      1. Of, relating to, or suggestive of the preternatural or supernatural.
      2. Of a strikingly odd or unusual character; strange.
      3. Archaic. Of or relating to fate or the Fates.
      n.
      1. a. Fate; destiny.
      b. One’s assigned lot or fortune, especially when evil.
      2. often Weird Greek & Roman Mythology. One of the Fates.
      tr. & intr.v., weird·ed, weird·ing, weirds.

• Mattha says:

Dude, stop complaining about words used too frequently for your taste! It’s that simple – if you don’t like it, don’t read it.

I myself feel pretty fortunate about the fact ‘kolobkov’ knows more English than I know Russian. If it wasn’t for that, I’d be looking at a cyrilEnglish than I know Russian. If it wasn’t for that, I’d be looking at a cyrillic puzzle which, even if I knew how to transcribe it into Latin letters, still couldn’t translate into my native language.

Thanks to Dora the Explorer, we now know what ‘weird’ really means. If you pick #2, alternative 2, kolobkov’s sentence would have been “We’ve also told about strange Russian playgrounds”. The only error I can see is a missing ‘you’ between ‘told’ and ‘about’. Apart from that, I think it comes pretty close to his intention.

As the definition above supposedly came from the American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, you might want to book a single plane ticket to the next convention to tell ‘em all what ‘weird’ really means. Maybe we’re all lucky and you get lost in the swamps or anything.lic puzzle which, even if I knew how to transcribe it into Latin letters, still couldn’t translate into my native language.

4. Zsommand says:

Its like a Stephen King novel

5. Comment by Dora the Explorer sez: There's a monkey in my backpack with GPS! says:

You’ve outdone yourself this time, thank you!
    Very weird, at least five nightmares there!

6. crash says:

The 3rd from last was in my hometown in Wyoming, lol it’s funny that other countries would use it. I thought it was more of a caterpillar instead of an alien tho.

7. D says:

The captions aren’t neccessary.

8. Pacific NW says:

I enjoyed both the captions and the delightful photos. It’s conforting to see ‘666’ painted on the big telephone as well, that’s my favorite grafiti.

9. TeratoMarty says:

My goodness… things that are supposed to be cute often come out terrifying, but that clown sculpture is in a league of its own.

10. Jim says:

the “mysterious lithographic stone” is covered in assorted neo-nazi and racist symbols

11. Petya says:

Number 30 is by far the best and the sickest of them all. The sculptor clearly paid attention to details (and I’m not talking about the coconuts, or the rocket, or the penetration, or the fascinated baby bears). 10 out of 10.

12. sashok says:

i remeber these things in the playgrounds, actually they never seemed threatening to me when i was a kid. it was actually quite fun to hit the figures and climb them.

better than boring, plastic, generic playgrounds.

hooray for Russian playgrounds!!!! URAAAA!

13. Audrius says:

These are great! Not weird or scary or anything. Used to play with these when i was a child.

14. Jones says:

Make fun of that spread-legged thing all you want, but it actually looks pretty awesome.

15. Nina says:

No wonder the Russians are so weird. They were tortured as poor innocent children!!!

16. James Dalton says:

Some of these are not bad, while others are God awful. The first picture of the slide was kinda creepy, but it is what it is

17. Sabina says:

I find them awesome. Probably most of the are really badly repainted with acrilic paint, but the wood carving figures are impressive. I’d steal them if I could, cause the problem is wood figures are simply rotting in the open air, which is what’s giving the creepy look on most of them. And yeah, some others are just weird. But I still find most of them lovely and truly sad they aren’t going to last long.

If someone has more info about these, please email me [email protected]

• W. Foy says:

Thank god SOMEONE noticed that many of the figures are wonderful, beautiful artworks, not terribly unlike American “Outsider”, “Naive”, and “Folk Art” assemblages and sculptures. I bet, when new and not re-painted by vandals [or untalented park employees], many of the carvings were incredibly stunning–some brilliant–pieces of art. If I had the money, I’d be flying to Russia to hunt down some of the artists and try to buy their works.
      So glad you understand art, and don’t label true art as “weird”.
      The playgrounds are vastly better than the horrendous pre-fab “playlands” at McDonald’s and Burger King. THOSE structures are weird—and UGLY.

Lemurleap / Muchamp / Billy-Twotoes

18. Olga.ru says:

Отличные скульптуры, сделанные когда-то людьми с надеждой в прекрасное будущее и любовью!

19. [...] The Most Weird Russian Kids Playgrounds from English Russia [...]

20. [...] came across these russian children playgrounds and couldn’t be more excited and scared at the same [...]

21. Pat says:

Русский Иван, иди сосать писка Путина, быстро. ЛОЛ

22. Can you show american kids playgrounds?
    If it exist of course.
    Because you ficking children sitting at home with gun and afraid.

23. [...] and dysfunctional Russian playground pictures here and [...]

24. TrueDA says:

Nice to see ignorance overseas in Russia and at home here in U.S. Oh, and to the comments in Russian, don’t think you’re so clever, Polyglot 3000 a$$holes… Stup1d fcukers…

25. TrueDA says:

Furthermore, this website rocks, nice page, Russian playgrounds really are weird as fcuk…