54 The Bunker for Stalin

The Bunker for Stalin

Posted on August 10, 2007 by

the secret underground shelter for Stalin 1

This underground shelter was created in Moscow in the 30s years of the XX century especially for the former and the most well-known head of the USSR – Joseph Stalin. It was planned to build a huge sports complex with a stadium on the surface, used as masking, but its construction stopped in the 1939 after the bunker had been finished. The bunker is connected with the Kremlin by the tunnel ten miles long. Nevertheless Stalin preferred to work in the Kremlin and used the shelter only once, in December of 1941, during World War 2, deciding, whether Russians should leave Moscow or stay and defend it. Now this place is open for visitors and the interiors look exact like during the Stalin reign.

the secret underground shelter for Stalin 2

the secret underground shelter for Stalin 3

54 Responses to “The Bunker for Stalin”

1. Aleksander Sergiev says:

I hate Stalin, I’m glad he is dead.

2. Marky says:

Interesting how even in places not to be seen by the general public of the time (or indeed ever in the mind of the builders and users), the elegance of the interior decoration way exceeds the role of the place.

3. One says:

it’s not authentic. this is a modrn day reconstruction. bunker was abandoned and in early 90’s there were only concrete walls and columns. lame.

• Pete says:

Do you have pictures of it?

I would love to see it. It did strike me kind of weird that there was a map of WW2 and the phone arrangement.

4. John from Kansas says:

Very interesting. Thanks for the post.

5. Zak says:

What type is it MBT over the BTR-60?

6. Boris says:

I’m tired of seeing all money from the government going to two cities: Moscow and St. Petersburg. They should get priorities straight-for example, having normal roads and pensions that a person could live on is more important than wasting millions on restoring old buildings near the Kremlin. There are so many problems in Russia that are being ignored, except when they interfere with tourists visiting Russia.

7. Jewbacca says:

Wow. So much nicer than the Fuhrerbunker.

8. r_9 says:

Some information (in Russian) and photos here.

Еще немного инофрмации здесь.

9. Jan Brady's mid season replacement says:

How much for a night in Stalin’s bedroom? Is it haunted like Lincoln’s bedroom?
    Will I get abducted by aliens?

10. mauro says:

- Hi!
    my name is Mauro, i would like to create a blog supporting freedom in Russia, spreading the world, you can help me? Do you want to write in english or italian or russian and linking us with my blogroll (as you can see in the sidebar of the blog?)
    please, visit me at: http://russialibera.blogspot.com
    tks a lot!
    Ciao,
    Mauro

11. heyyoucanchangeyourname says:

Is the 2nd picture a Josef Stalin II heavy tank?

12. Armend says:

Stalin was a sick man…I hate dictators…I hate nobody but I love USA and intipendence of the new state of KOSOVA.

• to f#ckin Armend says:

Jebi se siptarine i ti i tvoje Kosovo i USA zajedno.Zivele velika Srbija i velika Rusija,zajedno zauvek!

13. Texas1 says:

USA #1

14. intothewind says:

Tanks with whitewalls! Beautiful hardwoods! Casks of booze! What? No girls? Was Stalin gay?

15. John from Kansas says:

Is that thing still stuck?

• Pros says:

Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me? Yeah. Could someone please help me?

16. Stalin says:

Stalin and Hitler were greate men!!!!!!!

17. Ngern says:

Still, i don’t understand who killed him or he died of his decease?

18. hobbitofny says:

How in Moscow do you get tour to visit this place?

19. Millard says:

They made the statue wrong — as in about three feet too tall! He was a midget, practically. I guess that’s why he couldn’t see high enough to realize his alliance with Hitler was doomed. He did give us the term “Nazi” though, to forever convince people Hitler was not a Socialist. Many still make the laughable claim that the National Socialists of Hitler were right-wing!

20. Don’t you hate wasting your time day after day trying to make money on mafia wars? You needn’t worry anymore. With our mafia wars money cheats you’re the one who chooses how rich you are.

21. [...] more of English Russia: nbspnbspTravelling To The Past nbspnbspThe Bunker for Stalin nbspnbspSubway [...]

22. [...] more of English Russia: nbspnbspTravelling To The Past nbspnbspThe Bunker for Stalin nbspnbspSubway [...]

23. Hubert says:

Americans only Visit St Petersburg and Moscow because those are the only places Russian Government allows foreigners to see. Even the number of days visiting is resricted on our visas.

24. Aménagement sous pente says:

I love these sites. Boris: Maybe there are many people like me, and tourists will turn back money to you :).