30 Explosion in St. Petersburg

Explosion in St. Petersburg

Posted on July 25, 2007 by

big blast in st. petersburg 1

It can be real breaking news – just one hour ago a big explosion happened in St. Petersburg downtown. Many local bloggers started posting photos of 16-stored house high fire. People say that the explosion was so loud that it was heard at all the parts of the Russia second most populated city. More updates would follow shortly. No comments from authorities were yet made. More photos and videos:

big blast in st. petersburg 2

big blast in st. petersburg 3

Here are two videos:

and two more photos:

30 Responses to “Explosion in St. Petersburg”

1. Ab says:

I do hope everybody is alright.

2. Dale Mabry says:

news is reporting gas pipeline explosion.

3. Kev says:

I just wish there could me more information released about this. Too bad CNN headline news here in the US is more concerned with Lindsay Lohan and her coke problem.

4. Robert says:

How long ’til terrorists are blamed?
    How long ’til someone claims FSB did it?
    How long ’til they realise it was one hell of a gas explosion due to gross negligence?

Well that’s the cynicism over. It actually looks awesome (in the entirely literal sense, not in the ‘I love this band, awesome!’ way). Look at the size of the mushroom cloud, and how close is it to those cooling towers? Did a power-plant just explode?

5. mind says:

i bet it was cheney trying to launch another attack on the american citizens, but he couldn’t read the map correctly

6. Karol Krizka says:

Ouch, hopefully no one was hurt. Also, there was another huge oil leak in in Canada just yesterday, but there was no big bang involved.

7. B.A.Baracus says:

The British government did it in retaliation to Russia’s actions lately

8. Pros says:

“…happened in St. Petersburg downtown.”

– There is no downtown in Saint Petersburg.
    – The explosion happened in close proximity to the city border.

9. glvoid says:

i also hope that no one got hurt in the explosion; it was an ATS that blew up;

10. Andrey says:

It’s aproximately 6 km north-east of my 12-floored house (I’m living on 12). Some minutes past 00:00 thunderlike KABOOM banged and electricity blinked (in some houses it went off). When I looked in the window I’ve stared with my jaw fallen down – horizont in direction of explosion was all yellow-reddish and sky blinked of flames, that were higher than other 12-floored houses. At first I thought t’was heat and enrgy station blow, fortunately t’was only big gas pipe.

11. shakirizado says:

Perhaps the explosion may be causes by Peter Petrelli’s overheating due to watching so many miniskirt russian girls.

12. Sarah says:

Damn terrorists

13. vassago5k says:

Looks like it’s a viral marketing campaign for JJ Abram’s “Cloverfield”. No one else is reporting it, and the person doesn’t seem scared by it.

If it IS in fact real, I sure as hell hope no one was hurt. That looks awfully bad.

14. Droogie says:

Zangief wanted for questioning.

15. Charlos says:

I doubt the transatlantic alliance can do much about this. . . hehe http://www.atlantic-community.org/index.php/articles/view/The_False_Choice_between_Cold_War_and_Warm_Gaslines

Maybe its like when the Chinese shot down that satellite with pinpoint accuracy; a sort of ‘if you needed evidence that we can sabotage _________, here it is’

16. Midian says:

Looks, bad. Those do look like nuclear cooling towers in the forground og the fire ball.

17. Wout says:

The picture of the column of fire does remind me of images of ’86 Czernobyl..

If those are real, I do feel sorry for the people over there.

18. Clark Dirth says: