32 What Can Be Done With an Old Bus

What Can Be Done With an Old Bus

Posted on July 1, 2007 by

LIAZ Russian bus 1

This is an example of an old Soviet-Russian bus LIAZ that still can be often meet in Russian cities on public transportation routes, like on the pic above.

LIAZ Russian bus 2

LIAZ Russian bus 3

It usually has maybe already old-fashioned “back from sixties” interior, but still it’s OK for short trips.

But when the city bus companies cancel it on route it goes to the private hands of crafty Russian people, look what they can do with an old city bus for their everyday needs:

32 Responses to “What Can Be Done With an Old Bus”

1. numb says:

the pick-up looks quite useful actually

2. Michael Von Brah says:

Turning garbage into some useful, so innovative

3. Boris Abramov says:

These buses are still in use, even in Moscow, believe it or not..

Its so nice to see your governmet treasuring our past in such as way.. [COUGH]..

4. ­FlyingNationalist says:

pretty cool. russians are known for their great inventive skills. Support the monarchy!

5. Kylex says:

Haven’t seen such machines for the past several years… I believe it could work for some remote routes but not in big cities.

6. Pavel says:

If I had the time I would buy and Ikarusz Busz and make it to my liking.

7. Joseph says:

I have seen this done with old school buses in the USA.

8. DGamer says:

yeah, nice thinkn

9. Optimus Prime says:

I could kick that bus’ ass

10. madineg says:

!!! Liaz is from Czech Republic and not Russian. !!!

These people have a tradition in building trucks, busses and cars, so please pay respect.

11. Jojojo says:

Hello, Here in Argentina the public transport works almost the same. We have old russian TROLE-BUS (My english is not very good) like the one behind the bus in the first picture… They have even cyrillic (i guess) inscriptions in some parts,
    Suerte rusitos.

12. padieg says:

Here in Argentina we have the same kind of vehicles made from old buses. Some bus lines even transformed old buses to tow trucks to tow the other buses when they die alongside the road. Too bad I couldn’t find any pictures of them.

13. Feelov says:

First photo – it’s a Zlatoust – city on Ural.

14. fil says:

Don’t laugh – the first pic on this page is a bus I took in Beijing in 2000, except it has the extension on extra wheels in the rear. Every 2-3 lights, the engine would die and the driver would be cranking it 10-20 seconds. That was the “1 yuan” bus which is what all the locals took. The “3 yuan” bus was modern, air-conditioned and very clean inside – only Chinese yuppies could afford it. I was ‘protected’ from the former but I’m so glad I took a ride on it.

Aside story, was on the bus with a family member. At one point, a pregnant woman got onboard but because the bus was very full, she was standing. I whispered to him that I was going to let her sit down but he say, “see that guy standing there?” I nodded. “he’ll sit down when you get up”. So I set for the rest of the trip. He was right, of course. Would the same thing happen in Russia?

Cheers,
    Fil

15. daqian says:

Some of them look exactly the same as the buses in the China(in the 80s-90s)
    I’m from China.I can tell!
    lol!!

16. Gag Halfrunt says:

!!! Liaz is from Czech Republic and not Russian. !!!

The Czech LIAZ (now defunct) and the Russian LiAZ are entirely unrelated.

17. mcavene says:

This comment refers to your size and is downright insensitive. Dont let anyone get away with it. Respond with a silent, stunned look. Youll send the message that youve been offended.

18. I am really interested in this topic can you provide me with any more information on it? Thanks!