19 Homeless Children of St.Petersburg

homeless kids in St. Petersburg 2

homeless kids in St. Petersburg 3

homeless kids in St. Petersburg 4

homeless kids in St. Petersburg 5

homeless kids in St. Petersburg 6

homeless kids in St. Petersburg 7

Subscribe to our Facebook, Twitter to stay updated for the new posts. Also we have many more stories to explore below:

More stories:

Click here to read next random post from English Russia

19 Responses to “Homeless Children of St.Petersburg”

1. maxD says:

Excellent and highly recommended movie about a 16-year old girl who becomes homeless in a not specified city in Russia is

lilja4ever [ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0300140/ ]

I have to warn everybody – there is not a happy ending. This is one of the most depressing movies ever. All the more, because it is based on real events, real people like the kids in the pictures.

• Sera says:

Well, it’s not really Russia but some ex-soviet country but anyway I agree that it is highly recommended.

I would like to know… where do these pics come from?

• vera says:

It’s not exactly about her becoming homeless, it’s far more than that. But I agree, it’s a very powerful film. 5 minutes into it, you know it’s not going to end well. I bawled at the end.

And minor nitpicking, but she ends up in Sweden. It’s not clear where she starts, but we can assume it’s in Russia.

• asdf says:

This movie was directed by a Swedish guy and it was filmed in Estonia. You can see several famous Estonian actors and also you can see the kids paying for cigarettes using Estonian crowns. There’s a really good and realistic story-line for this this movie and it could have happened easily in any post-Soviet or Eastern Europe country that migrated from communism to capitalism. It can happen also here, in Estonia.

I’m a man with quite strong nerves, but this story really reached my heart and made me really sad for those girls with whom these kinds of things happen. I have seen only one more movie that has described darker sides of life as well as this movie – Requiem for a dream [ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0180093/ ]. It’s about a young and happy couple who go down really quickly because can’t hold their hands off of narcotics. I strongly suggest you to see both of these movies.

One more word about the main actress of Lilja4ever – she’s beautiful and really interesting actress and I really liked her also in a movie called “Sisters” or “Syostry” [ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284492/ ] by Sergei Bodrov Jr., talented guy who made several cult movies about youth and mobsters of Russia. It’s bad that he died so young.

• Vitalik says:

Great Movie!
      It’s directed by Swedish director Lukas Moodysson.

• Andreas says:

Funny your mentioning Lilja 4-ever, cuz that was what I thought of momentarily when seeing the pics and the headline.

As youve already said, a really great movie, everybody should see it.

2. Boris Abramov says:

Sad :(

Surely with population crisis such important resource as humans should be most valued.

3. Qawi says:

That’s so wrong :(

4. linda rygielski says:

It,s such a shame to see this wasted youth. On the other hand it,s no better in Britain and a lot of other places i,d imagine. So we cant kid ourselves about that. Neglect and poverty are everywhere.

5. illlich says:

Remids me of the film “Freeze, Die, Come Back to life.”

6. MIHAI says:

The pictures are brilliant. Very well done!

7. Andreas says:

“… just because something cool happens daily …”

8. Antonov says:

The girl in the first picture on the left is gorgeous. She can come live with me.

9. noddy says:

Who’s the photographer? I’d like to see more of this kind of photojournalism.

10. Zack says:

Strange, the first thing I thought of was Lilya 4ever too.

11. Wolfi says:

Is it real?

12. Adam says:

It should be the law that everyone help them all! You dont need to be a parent to care. It sounds like you already do. They need alot of big brother/sister programs. Not more drugs and homeless,but Loved not abused.

13. Yoron says:

Nope, not that small kids, and it’s a shame. Mostly you find this in third world countries, but not all. It depends on what you care about as a citizen, that is, if you care, of course. And also it says something about what kind of leadership a country have.