22 Homeless Children of St.Petersburg

Homeless Children of St.Petersburg

Posted on June 13, 2007 by

homeless kids in St. Petersburg 1

Photos of homeless kids in St. Petersburg :(

homeless kids in St. Petersburg 2

homeless kids in St. Petersburg 3

22 Responses to “Homeless Children of St.Petersburg”

1. maxD says:

Excellent and highly recommended movie about a 16-year old girl who becomes homeless in a not specified city in Russia is

lilja4ever [ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0300140/ ]

I have to warn everybody – there is not a happy ending. This is one of the most depressing movies ever. All the more, because it is based on real events, real people like the kids in the pictures.

• Sera says:

Well, it’s not really Russia but some ex-soviet country but anyway I agree that it is highly recommended.

I would like to know… where do these pics come from?

• vera says:

It’s not exactly about her becoming homeless, it’s far more than that. But I agree, it’s a very powerful film. 5 minutes into it, you know it’s not going to end well. I bawled at the end.

And minor nitpicking, but she ends up in Sweden. It’s not clear where she starts, but we can assume it’s in Russia.

• asdf says:

This movie was directed by a Swedish guy and it was filmed in Estonia. You can see several famous Estonian actors and also you can see the kids paying for cigarettes using Estonian crowns. There’s a really good and realistic story-line for this this movie and it could have happened easily in any post-Soviet or Eastern Europe country that migrated from communism to capitalism. It can happen also here, in Estonia.

I’m a man with quite strong nerves, but this story really reached my heart and made me really sad for those girls with whom these kinds of things happen. I have seen only one more movie that has described darker sides of life as well as this movie – Requiem for a dream [ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0180093/ ]. It’s about a young and happy couple who go down really quickly because can’t hold their hands off of narcotics. I strongly suggest you to see both of these movies.

One more word about the main actress of Lilja4ever – she’s beautiful and really interesting actress and I really liked her also in a movie called “Sisters” or “Syostry” [ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284492/ ] by Sergei Bodrov Jr., talented guy who made several cult movies about youth and mobsters of Russia. It’s bad that he died so young.

• Vitalik says:

Great Movie!
      It’s directed by Swedish director Lukas Moodysson.

• Andreas says:

Funny your mentioning Lilja 4-ever, cuz that was what I thought of momentarily when seeing the pics and the headline.

As youve already said, a really great movie, everybody should see it.

2. Boris Abramov says:

Sad :(

Surely with population crisis such important resource as humans should be most valued.

3. Qawi says:

That’s so wrong :(

4. linda rygielski says:

It,s such a shame to see this wasted youth. On the other hand it,s no better in Britain and a lot of other places i,d imagine. So we cant kid ourselves about that. Neglect and poverty are everywhere.

5. illlich says:

Remids me of the film “Freeze, Die, Come Back to life.”

6. MIHAI says:

The pictures are brilliant. Very well done!

7. humanoid says:

They look like modern fashion models. They should apply for jobs at Hugo Boss.

8. Andreas says:

“… just because something cool happens daily …”

9. Antonov says:

The girl in the first picture on the left is gorgeous. She can come live with me.

10. noddy says:

Who’s the photographer? I’d like to see more of this kind of photojournalism.

11. Zack says:

Strange, the first thing I thought of was Lilya 4ever too.

12. Wolfi says:

Is it real?

13. Adam says:

It should be the law that everyone help them all! You dont need to be a parent to care. It sounds like you already do. They need alot of big brother/sister programs. Not more drugs and homeless,but Loved not abused.

14. 随着我国物流业(货架)的快速发展,整个华东地区物流业托盘的发展也正以物流服务塑料托盘提升到较国内其他地区更高的地位而推进。重视具有提升区域物流托盘效率功能的专业化和标准化物流
    塑料托盘基础设施建设,打造整体物仓储笼流服务平台。
    南京海佩货架公司将积极推行物流仓储笼业标准化战略,建立健全仓储物流铁托盘服务标准化体系,加快推进物流
    铁托盘装备设施、信息系统、经营管理、服务提供等的标准化,打造最
    先进的仓储设备交易数码港,争取成为国内物流业标准化建设的典范。

近年来,我国物流业发展迅速,物流塑料托盘业增加值持续上升,已成为推动国家经济持续发展的重点产业。与此同时,物流仓储笼业面临运输和仓储钢托盘成本高昂、产业形态相互割裂等问题,亟需推行标准化战略,以降低成本,
    提高效率提升服务质量,满足产业提档升级的需要。”

南京海佩货架公司是对物流钢托盘标准化比较重视的公司之一,实施标准化的速度也块。在标准体系研究中注重与很多仓储笼公司进行合作,将重点放在标准的国际通用型上。目前,海佩已经提出了包括物流
    铁托盘模数体系、
    集装箱的基本尺寸、物流钢托盘用语、物流仓储笼设施的设备基准、输送用包装塑料托盘的系列尺术、包装用语、钢托盘大型集装箱、
    塑料托盘用箱、平托盘仓储笼,卡车车厢内壁尺寸,
    铁托盘等。

15. Yoron says:

Nope, not that small kids, and it’s a shame. Mostly you find this in third world countries, but not all. It depends on what you care about as a citizen, that is, if you care, of course. And also it says something about what kind of leadership a country have.