23 A Wall Inside a Tree

A Wall Inside a Tree

Posted on June 7, 2007 by

wall inside the tree 1

This old tree has a wall inside.

The tree is really old, around 200 years old. It started to grow in German city Koenigsberg, inside a brick fence. German owners of the house let it go and it was growing like that leaving the fence inside of its roots and .. .

wall inside the tree 2

On this old photo 80 years or so ago, this tree can be seen marked with the arrow.

wall inside the tree 3

Later during WW2 there were severe battles in this city, and after the war it’s got under the Russian powers and was renamed to Kaliningrad.
The fence and the house were totally destroyed.

23 Responses to “A Wall Inside a Tree”

1. Gooshin says:

первый, хаха

2. marvin says:

Initially I was surprised that a sallow can live that long until I found that in Pärnu (Estonia) there is one more than 300 years old. However, fixing trees, especially oaks, with concrete is a common practice.

3. Muhhamed Ali Abramov says:

Death to estonian infidels! Allahu Akbar!

4. j.j. goose says:

Interesting. Part of my family is from Koenigsberg, so I find this intriguing. That tree has lived on through how many wars and seen how many regime changes?

5. EliseiZorine says:

a question then: should kaliningrad be renamed Koenigsberg and given back to germanIAns, since the war is over?

6. madineg says:

7. nike outlet says:

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along.
    I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading.Nice blog,I will keep visiting this blog very often.

8. [...] nbspnbspHand-Made Gun – Full Instruction nbspnbspNews From Russian Roads – Part 10 nbspnbspIt’s Better NownbspnbspHow to Make a Rubberbot nbspnbspThe Manipulator For Graphical Information nbspnbspFrom Toys to RoycenbspnbspThe Engrish Menu nbspnbspTwo Russian Notebook Uses nbspnbspA Wall Inside a Tree [...]

9. [...] nbspnbspHand-Made Gun – Full Instruction nbspnbspNews From Russian Roads – Part 10 nbspnbspIt’s Better NownbspnbspHow to Make a Rubberbot nbspnbspThe Manipulator For Graphical Information nbspnbspFrom Toys to RoycenbspnbspThe Engrish Menu nbspnbspTwo Russian Notebook Uses nbspnbspA Wall Inside a Tree [...]

10. Jan D. says:

Interesting how a tree can hold history in it roots . No one could predict how this tree becomes famous. Congratulations to have observed this , great and interesting story !
    Grtz, Jan

11. [...] Birch Tree Juice nbspnbspA Wall Inside a Tree nbspnbspAncient Stone BirchesnbspnbspRussian Beavers nbspnbspBeware the Falling Trees nbspnbspThe [...]

12. [...] Birch Tree Juice nbspnbspA Wall Inside a Tree nbspnbspAncient Stone BirchesnbspnbspRussian Beavers nbspnbspBeware the Falling Trees nbspnbspThe [...]

13. Etienne says:

Thank you Sarah, once again a very constructive comment. You must be 14 years old, right?

14. D says:

Not sure which one you got?

15. Muhhamed Ali Abramov says:

That comment was made not by me!
    I’m real Sarah Abramov, and i converted to islam after i was raped by Chechenians. And now my new name is Muhhamed Ali Abramov.

16. Boris Abramov says:

Yes he is. I like them young ;)

17. Aiwan says:

Or, more likely – 44, thats better for midlife crisis.

18. Boris Abramov says: