63 Pioneers of Russia

Pioneers of Russia

Posted on May 21, 2007 by

Russian Pioneers 1

These are photos of Soviet kid’s organization. The participation was compulsory for every school student, but we need to admit it was also very awaited for 10 years old boys and girls – most of them simply couldn’t wait the day when they receive their bright red tie – the symbol of Russian Pioneers. It was considered as the first step for becoming a communist, and any damage to the red tie could be very strictly punished just because the tie symbolized the Red Flag – flag of Soviet Russia.

Russian Pioneers 2

Russian Pioneers 3

63 Responses to “Pioneers of Russia”

1. Boris Abramov says:

I was too young to be a pioneer :(

But me and Sarah are pioneers in many diferent ways ;)

2. Boris Abramov says:

here is the questions of the day: what is the difference between Hitler’s Youth and soviet pioneers?

3. Texas1 says:

Nice post!

4. mait says:

Well, compulsory… It was possible not to join pioneers – if you (and your parents) were ready to deal with the consequences.

5. Texas1 says:

Those boys definitely look gay and the men look like pedophiles. ‘I AM’ probably enjoyed being a pioneer and getting his butt plugged on a daily basis.

6. Texas1 says:

I’m straight too homeboy. Straight outta South Bend and straight into Texas. Yo

7. Kryzhopol pioneer organization says:

Dear Boris ans Texas1 we are pleased to inform you that your applications to join our organization have been accepted. Congratulations! Your red flags are waiting for you!

8. A.W. says:

You know, no-one else probably noticed it while discussing various kinds of sex, but I think the propaganda photographers actually did their best making the photos and their subjects in it very colorful. The reality is different, of course. But the pictures look like these children had fun.

• Robert says:

What evidence do you have to suggest that the reality is different?

Okay, walking round a museum all day isn’t exactly every 10 year old’s idea of fun, but they were with their mates, they were being shown things they’d otherwise not get to see. Where’s your evidence to say that this was anything other than a youth organisation much like the Scout organisations or, for example, the British CCF http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Cadet_Force ?

If the counter-argument is ‘well it was politicised’, it was was the Soviet Union, and the CCF (above) is also somewhat based in politics (though not politicised, politics is something that up until recently the Military had no rôle in, though recently with the Government screwing up abroad we’ve had to rely on the military to know what’s best, though that’s a story for another time, children.)

• John from Kansas says:

These photos are similar to Scouting photos everywhere. There is nothing wrong with dipicting Scouting as fun. It is fun.

• maxD says:

Amazing. Decent comments.

9. saunabiber says:

a couple of them are east-germans, though.

• favea says:

Yeap, communistic brothers. Seems not to have been a big difference changing from nazi to communism, structures and ideology are similar. Like in all dictatorships.

10. mega troll says:

Sexy!

11. josué says:

“kneck”?

neck (nĕk)
    n.

1. The part of the body joining the head to the shoulders or trunk.

4. A relatively narrow elongation, projection, or connecting part: a neck of land; the neck of a flask.

12. John from Kansas says:

Marvelous photos. What fun. I want to build an IL-4 model.

13. Bullwinkle says:

If I had a Russian Internet bride, I would make her wear that uniform every night.

14. Sarah Abramov says:

At least, no blacks on the photos! That was a good time!

15. Chuck Martel says:

Where are all the black kids?

16. Lasse says:

At least they had no (official) racial policy, otherwise, it´s just a matter of using different symbols (hammer and sickle or swastika) that distinguish this totalitarian organisation from another. They weren’t actually learning about democratic principles, freedom of thoughts or human rights there. ;-)

• Texas1 says:

Some of the people do look Jewish. However, most people don’t consider Judaism a race that is unless they are Jewish and feel they are “Chosen”.

17. illlich says:

communism, at least on paper, stands up for good ideals: equality, cooperation, democracy. Nazism could never make that claim: undemocratic and (racially) elitist by definition.

of course in practice the promise of communism has yet to be realized, probably because violent upheaval (and resulting civil war) always poisons the new government (just look at the French revolution). I’ve read the stories of men who came through the Russian civil war so completely paranoid about spies from the west, or czarist sympathizers, that they saw the “enemy” everywhere, and had to be removed from their jobs for upsetting their co-workers.

Marx has spent the last 80 years rolling in his grave at what communism is today.

We can never know the ultimate results of our actions.

• Peterm says:

Totally agree with that. I once heard a quite interesting sentence: “Communism is perfect, what is imperfect is people”.

18. Boris Abramov says:

Texas1, can I ask you not to use my screen name anymore, especially for absurdities that are written under it without my knowlage. You must think it’s me who keeps posting those sick pictures under your name. However, I can asure you, IT IS NOT! In fact, I have NEVER used other peoples names on this site, because it sort of spoils the whole purpose of why I visit this site in the first palce. The whole porpose of me posting my comments is to have a civilised debate with people even if they have contrary opinions. Anybody can win debates by making the opponents look bad by using their names. It is not hard and not fun. However, when I win my debates fair and square, it give me a sence of achievement and to some extent excitement.

Also, people who go to the the lengh of of using other peoples names to descredit them in order to win a debates, are normally propagandists like “hck” who will do anything possible to get this twisted lies out in the open. Or people like “I am” who have not got the ability to get their point across, so they have to descredit their opponent by using this method. Incidentally, I think its him who posted those pictures under youR name.

Anyway Texas1, I hope we will agree to disagree and play fair from now-on. Lets just have fun, and enjoy this site :)

I love you Texas1 !!!! :)

19. Boris Abramov says:

Can I just say that I am going on holliday for 12 day, therefore, in the meantime, any comments made UNDER MY NAME – WILL NOT BE MADE BY ME!!!

PS: Sarah darling, can make sure my good name will not be used inapropriatly. Defend it with your life!! I might bring you back a present. It will be long and hard ;)

20. Desu says:

Those are some brilliant kids there with the telescope :)

21. Bullwinkle says:

Boris,

Don’t forget to pick up your sock before you leave to Russia. You left it at my place last night.

Bullwinkle

22. Texas1 says:

I don’t know who wrote that but it sure is funny.

23. martinez says:

I truly admire those elements! most people are lazy as hell – soft totalitarian society will keep you in shape all the time :)

24. Udo Gonalves says:

Hola, mi nombre es Udo Gonalves y soy chileno. Estuve en Aptek en 1979. Me gustara contactar a otros pioneros que estuvieron en esos tiempos, para intercambiar historias y fotos. Mi mail es udogon@gmail.com

Hasta pronto

25. 李钦 says:

I used to be a pioneer of China,we also have the red ties,I enjoy that time,为共产主义,时刻准备着!!!

26. Syxa says:

OMG! Red Ninjas! :P

27. Otis R. Needleman says:

Interesting pics. However, all the Pioneer stuff came to naught….the USSR collapsed…

28. Texas1 says:

Boris, everyone knows that you are Bullwinkle. Hey man, you should just come out of the closet and admit your gayness and fondness for sex with animals. If I was gay, I would be proud to come out of the closet. However, I am not gay and I don’t have any desire to have sex with an animal. You shouldn’t be such a wuss. Just stand up, be brave and announce your communistic perversions.