24 Horse Stone

Horse Stone

Posted on May 21, 2007 by

Horse Stone, Russia 1

This is a strange structure standing deep in Russian forests on the Horse Island in the middle of small lake. It’s a small Christian church on top of a very large boulder. This boulder has a history too. Long before the Christianity came to Russia, this rock was used by local tribes as an idol, thousand years ago in 1000 b.c. It was called “Horse-Stone” and the island as we mentioned was called Horse Island. They sacrificed horses to it and when first Christians came they were shocked by bloody rituals of locals, but after they cleared up the place they decided to use the stone. Probably the main reason was to have it under control in order to prevent locals continuing with their pagan procedures around it.

Horse Stone, Russia 2

Horse Stone, Russia 3

24 Responses to “Horse Stone”

1. Boris Abramov says:

That’s were trolls like Sarah and me live :)

2. noggin says:

now thats a great storry!!!

3. Texas1 says:

I want to see the lake. Is it still undeveloped or are there many houses that surround it?

4. Texas1 says:

by the way my bum is sore from last night…. ouch. fun times though.

• Texas1 says:

This isn’t funny anymore. Who is doing this? Is it you Boris?

• Boris Abramov says:

No, it realy is not me!

Texas1, can I also ask you not to use my screen name anymore, especially for absurdities that are written under it without my knowlage. You must think it’s me who keeps posting those sick pictures under your name. However, I can asure you, IT IS NOT! In fact, I have NEVER used other peoples names on this site, because it sort of spoils the whole purpose of why I visit this site in the first palce. The whole porpose of me posting my comments is to have a civilised debate with people even if they have contrary opinions. Anybody can win debates by making the opponents look bad by using their names. It is not hard and not fun. However, when I win my debates fair and square, it give me a sence of achievement and to some extent excitement.

Also, people who go to the the lengh of of using other peoples names to descredit them in order to win a debates, are normally propagandists like “hck” who will do anything possible to get this twisted lies out in the open. Or people like “I am” who have not got the ability to get their point across, so they have to descredit their opponent by using this method. Incidentally, I think its him who posted those pictures under youR name.

Anyway Texas1, I hope we will agree to disagree and play fair from now-on. Lets just have fun, and enjoy this site

I love you Texas1

5. Starshii says:

“In the middle of small lake…” Well yeah, if one considers Lake Ladoga, the biggest lake in Europe to be a small one… ;)
    I visited this Konevsky/Konevits/Konevitsa monastary last summer, it´s pretty cool except that I never saw this horse stone, mainly because the guide was totally boring and there where too many mosquitos in the forest, so I decided to head for the beach to take some sun and swim in the “small lake”. Inside the monastary there is shop/kiosk where one bottle of regular beer costs 100 rubles(about 3USD). And everyone who has been in Russia knows that is quite much!

6. Boris Abramov says:

Can I just say that I am going on holliday for 12 day, therefore, in the meantime, any comments made UNDER MY NAME – WILL NOT BE MADE BY ME!!!

PS: Sarah darling, can make sure my good name will not be used inapropriatly. Defend it with your life! I might bring you back a present. It will be long and hard ;)

7. leon187 says:

can admin of this page ban commenters like Bullwinkle and Texas1, because their post are offensive and freaky

8. Yegorij says:

Ha! 100 miles in length, 80 in width, 270 meters in depth. Ladoga is a small lake indeed.

9. Vernadotte says:

See? This is a classic example of our ethnic Russian traditions being trampled on by Christianity, which is a religion totally alien to Europe and originating with the Hebrews in foreign lands. The church had controlled and repressed people for ages, as religion is always the tool of conquerors seeking to subdue their new-caught subjects. This repression of individualism, which was ironically continued by communism, is in part responsible for the problematic average Russian mindset nowadays.

10. Realni Chuvak Belgiiski says:

I don’t think they have a jacuzzi and a pool hall in there! :-D

11. Arkadios says:

‘when first Christians came they were shocked by bloody rituals of locals, but after they cleared up the place they decided to use the stone’

How hypocritical is this? Christians are the worst genociders, racists, sexists of history and the greatest forgers of history and they were ‘shocked’ by a horse sacrifice.

And in any case, with what right someones comes into a community, drive them away, their religious rituals and sets his own?

• Vernadotte says:

Remember, they were purposefuly trying to take over the region and subdue the Russian people, thus they used this foreign religion to keep them in chains.

12. Katja says:

Well said!

13. Taupey says:

That’s just like christians to go and steal a sacred Pagan object like the Horse Stone by building a squaty little church on top of it to control the use of it. Disgusting filthy thieves!

14. Ryan says:

Let them have their stone back!! Or I hope they TAKE it back.