23 New Russian Churches

New Russian Churches

Posted on February 26, 2007 by

russian church 1

Probably in the nearest future Russian Orthodox Christian churches would get a new look.

Like this one on the pictures.

russian church 2

russian church 3

23 Responses to “New Russian Churches”

1. Mureke says:

Religion and technology together make up the worst possible society I can think of.

2. Acts_of_Atrocity says:

Looks… interesting.

3. Finnish Alcoholics Online says:

Blah-blah-blah…. Boring!

4. illlich says:

rAMEN indeed.

or to paraphrase a phrase from the Orthodox liturgy: “peace be unto thee that eateth wisdom.”

5. illlich says:

Unfortunately (fortunately?) millenia from now ancient religious sites like Chichenitza and Giza and Stonehenge will still be around for the aliens to study, but modern glass mega-churches will have long crumbled into sand.

(Wait! what is the point of having a huge empty steeple like that? especially in a cold climate like Mockba? you bring glory unto God by wasting fuel heating a big empty tower? seems like a waste of energy, but of course Russia has plenty of oil. . . for now, anyway. of course, maybe they don’t heat it, and the Russians just deal with the cold, like they so often do anyway.)

6. fromukrainewithlove says:

if your really christian you should respect all cultures.

But these churches look really ugly…..i don’t think they will ever be built….and the churches we have now will not be demolished.

7. maxD says:

Awful. Designed to awe, without intrinsic value IMO. Glass boxes with mushrooms on top, someone got sick in the head I guess.

8. VladimirS (Russia) says:

It’s nothing but CONCEPT ART by crazy architects! Russian Orthodox Church is very orthodox and churches will never be like on these pictures. And that decision will be right!

9. Texas1 says:

So what mega church looks beautiful? Most look like giant warehouses. These are kind of cool since they combine Russian architecture with modern design.

10. Orhidee says:

UGLY …. YEWWW!

11. eldar says:

hmm, this reminds of me of another set of “futuristic” constructions on this site, stalin’s ideas.

However, if this were to actually be created it may at least bring some orthodox tourists Russia’s way, and tourists are a good thing

12. ScorpioNTraK says:

Its unreal, but its very buitiful! (если такое сделают я буду рад, придумано классно, тока шансов что ето воплотят в действие 1%)

13. LoL says:

Pizdets is that, what will happen with USA in the nearest future.

ANd those churches are great, hope I will se them one day.

14. AXA says:

такое ощущение, что они здесь умственно-отсталые.
    Ржунимагу.

15. Axel says:

Бред полный. Все от глубоких познаний о России. Нехватает медведей на улице и СС-19

16. Creosot says:

Не, правда здесь порой такую ахинею несут пипец ))))

17. Mario Formosa says:

Of course they’re pure rubbish, ugliness for its own sake. Why would Russia throw away its amazingly beautiful architectural and spiritual landmarks. But stranger things are happening. Big soul-destroying glassy, Germanic/American rectangles are being built in Moscow (very similar to the one being built in Mumbai, Shangai, Mexico City and Lagos). No one seems to like them, but developers always “persuade” other people.
    But the most barbaric act would be if the Gazprom building is built in St. Pete’s. No one will object if it is built 10 kilometres away from the centre. I appeal to all Russians to resist the vandalisation of one of Europe’s greatest heritage.

18. sanam says:

Dear friends on all the world! my name is Sanam, the student 4 courses dentistry in моscow.Before I was working and studing,but i must study more now and at the moment i have not enough time to work.my parents can not help to me because they are very poor people.for continuation I need your help, please help me how much you can.only by your help i can continue my studing.thank you very much(даже 1 долар от каждого может спасти маего жизня,пажалуйста памагите меня)

Adresse bank :
    Account with institution : SBERBANK Moscow, Russia
    SWIFT code : SABR RU MM
    BRANCH : Tverskoe branch 7982\1693
    Moscow, Russia
    Beneficiary customer : Alinia Sanam
    Vucheticha 10a\904
    Moscow, Russia
    Beneficiary account : 42601.840.8.3804.7425009

19. Hello , Super blog ! Je traite du m?me sujet sur mon wordpress. Je me permettrai de reprendre de votre texte. En vous citant bien sur et si vous le permettez. Je traite aussi de sujet comme devis mutuelle sante ou comme devis mutuelle sante. Merci, Oliver

20. Dear Pastor

Greetings in Jesus name trusting that you are doing well in His service.

I am seeking for affiliation with your mission, I have visited your web site and I am totally interested to know more about your mission, it is so beautiful and thank you for the believe and truth about the word of God.

Grace and peace be multiplied into you through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. May God bless you as I am waiting to hear form you soon.

Pastor Simion

21. Those russian churches are U..y :)