26 Some of Russian Airports

Some of Russian Airports

Posted on February 8, 2007 by

Some airports of Russia.

Just amateur shots of them.

The shot above is one of Moscow airports. There are a few of them in Moscow.

This is Dagestan. City of Mahachkala.

Far far east. Bratsk. Thousands miles east from Moscow.

26 Responses to “Some of Russian Airports”

1. Bishop Brennan says:

They all have that 1950’s/1960’s look about them.

2. It’s not Russia really, it’s Ukraine but who cares.

In fact, believe it or not, there are people who care. And a whole hell of a lot of them.

People like me, of Ukrainian descent, living in the states their entire lives. People like my grandparents, who were told to get out of the towns they’d lived in for their entire lives in less than an hour, or be shot and killed. People who are still living in Ukraine. People who are sensitive to other’s heritage.

Common now. Let’s be at least a little bit sensitive to other people’s heritage. Even if you don’t value it, we do.

• D says:

I’m was born in Belarus, lived in the U.S. my whole life, and I have no problem being called Russian, in fact I prefer it. Being proud of heritage also means recognizing that it is basically the same people in the same area.

• mike says:

i seriously doubt he meant it like that, who cares that one of those pictures are actually from Ukraine when there all from Russia!

• Kylex says:

Thanks to Adrian for his sincerity.

I am Russian and ‘ve been living in Russia for the whole life but I fully respect Ukrainians, their culture, and sovereignity of the Ukrainian people.

• Anna says:

Wow, I have never heard about that! In which city did the live and why were they kicked out from home? I know this thing happened with those who collaborated with nazi during the war under the occupation.

• pld says:

Yeah, I bet you haven’t heard of mass deportations, executions, famine and GULAG either.

• rob says:

ukrainians were never deportated, during famine situation was 100% opposite as people were restricted to leave their villages etc, etc – so,explain to us why your grandparents were fprced to leave their town, what was the town and where did they go – you didn’t say they were arrested,but you said they were forced to leave, = so WHERE did they leave for, once leaving USSR was made impossible by authorities as we all know…so, we are waiting for your explanations,please….

3. Josh says:

I think he meant, ‘..who cares’ that the photo is not a Russian airport (because the title of the post is ‘Russian Airports’). I don’t think he meant anything in regards to peoples ‘heritage.’

4. Josh says:

Isn’t Chelyabinsk a little MORE than “just an industrial town” in the Urals? I mean, wasn’t this the main town that served the Mayak nuclear plant, where they had that nasty, covered-up leak in the late 50s?

5. Dimon says:

What can Finnish Alchoholic find to rant about here?

6. h8 says:

lets face it most of people in usa dont even know whers europe .

7. illlich says:

If I understand history correctly, “Russia” was actually founded in Kiev (which is now obviously Ukraine), the phrase “Kievan rus” comes to mind– the history of Russia, Belarus, and Ukraine begins there– whether they get along or not, they are all siblings.

My grandparents came from what is now Poland, Belarus, and Lithuania, and yet they all considered themselves “Russian” (this was 1900’s). The borders changed so many times in the last 300 years, and there were always people migrating to new towns.

8. Bishop Brennan says:

He’s actually an American from what I gather. No suprise there…..

9. fromukrainewithlove says:

i’m from ukraine and i totally respect our comrades from russia belarus…and i have no problem being called russian(people see me as russian in the Netherlands were i live)

we are all the same;)SLAVA SLAVANIAM!!!!

10. Viking says:

Which one would be more interesting to see? Bratsk or Novosibirisk?