21 Russian Army Mobile Church

Russian Army Mobile Church

Posted on December 5, 2006 by team

Here are the photos from Russian army.

They went to field practice and look who come with them.

These are Russian Christian and Muslim clerics, some of the dressed into Russian Army Uniform.

There are also a Mobile Russian Army Church which is being placed to an army van.

russian church in army

Here the Russian army tanks in the field. Tanks, trucks and tents – in one truck there is a Mobile Church and in one tent there is a Mobiel Church also.

russian church in army

And this is Russian Army Mobile Church.

russian church in army

Here are the priests – some wear Army Uniform together with their clerical symbols.

21 Responses to “Russian Army Mobile Church”

1. Zloba says:

Awesome, let’s kick ass together!

2. chaosgone says:

I like images of Muslims and Christians getting along. And in the army, of all places! Nice photos.

3. illlich says:

Wait?– wasn’t it a SOLDIER that drove in the nails on Christ’s cross?

4. Acts_of_Atrocity says:

(whispers) This site makes me think sometimes, that he even migh have been russian!

5. BelarusGuy says:

Why is there no rabbi involved in this project?

6. AlexK says:

BelarusGuy: not many jews are in the army, I think. Also, there are not as many Jews in Russia overall – thy all emigrated.

7. Doug says:

A higher proportion of muslim to Russian Orthodox than I would anticipate, since I would assume that they are still very much a minority. The cleric that is second from the left in the outside shot looks different than the other Muslims. Shi’ite muslim maybe?

8. Bob Frozen says:

In finnish army we call these guys the “anti-devil” corps.

9. illlich says:

In finnish army we call these guys the “anti-devil” corps.

HA HA– that’s good.

I wonder there are more Muslims in the army than you would expect, for the same reason there are more blacks and hispanics in the US army than in the general population– more opportunites in the army, guaranteed employment, learn skills. I assume most Muslims in Russia are generally from the non-slavic ethnicities, are they also at the bottom of the economic ladder in Russia?

10. Acts_of_Atrocity says:

Dont know about the US, but in Russia we have ethnic and religious communities spread over a huge space of land, so it is possible for them not to mix up too much, so you have catholics to the west, orthodox church in central Russia, muslims in southern republics, buddhists on far south-east, and even the Jewish autonomous district (VERY far away to the east, not far from Korea). There are even pagan natives in the north Syberia. Because of that, you can have a conscripts and professional soldiers with very different beliefs.
    And I wouldnt` say that muslims have less wealth than people of other religion. In fact, I believe their communities are more prosperous – because of mutual aid and specific muslim “banks”.

• Martel says:

“…In fact, I believe their communities are more prosperous – because of mutual aid and specific muslim “banks”.”

Muslims do not drink alcohol, whereas Russian Christian men destroy their health & wealth through Vodka. This alone makes a big difference in the end game.

11. [...] Some interesting pictures, see them here. [...]

12. Kiser Soze says:

yo i hate commies!

13. David Webb says:

“and don’t quarrel – a real unity of Islam and Christianity.”

And THAT is some real progress by a country that hasn’t made much lately.

14. Sofia says:

15. bikinis says:

I usually dont take time to ever make comments on a website but I just want to say I would really be doing you a grave disservice if I didnt write something. This post has most definitely opened my eyes. Thank you so much for writing it.

16. [...] BridgenbspnbspRussian Mafia Grave Tombs nbspnbspStill Like to Bathe in Fountains? nbspnbspRussian Army Mobile ChurchnbspnbspKiev, 1905 nbspnbspThe Expired Tanks nbspnbspParade [...]

17. [...] BridgenbspnbspRussian Mafia Grave Tombs nbspnbspStill Like to Bathe in Fountains? nbspnbspRussian Army Mobile ChurchnbspnbspKiev, 1905 nbspnbspThe Expired Tanks nbspnbspParade [...]

18. Nice Info. Do you mind if I talk about this post in my blog.