22 Moscow City House Demolition

Moscow City House Demolition

Posted on December 4, 2006 by team

In Moscow city house are also being controllably demolited like in other cities.

Here is a photoset of a house being demolited for some reason.

Note that trams were not stopped and people could walk around watching what is happening.

moscow city architecture

moscow city architecturemoscow city architecture

22 Responses to “Moscow City House Demolition”

1. 4emist says:

OF the People that walk around i can see only policemen and social workers.

2. Yuri says:

I am surprised that noone used this occasion to put some kind of mega-giga advert on this house :)

3. Russ, Ian says:

Oh my god!!!
    They should have evacuated the entire city to Siberia.
    The trams are running!!! And there is a second shooter on the Grassy Knoll.

4. robotnik says:

When the tram passes, the dust is already settled, wich indicates that the authorities sees it as safe for the tram to pass. The people are probably securing the perimeter.

5. Bert says:

So they tried to blow up this block but it stayed standing after falling two floors? That’s pretty useless. They should have hired a very experienced millitary pilot making his last kamikaze mission…;-)

6. Bert says:

The WTC7 — it was Putin!

7. Russ, Ian says:

These houses are being demolished for a reason. They were built in the 70s as part of experimental construction. They are called “phenolic houses”. The materials that the houses were built from contain phenolic tar and release poisonous gases. Some residents of these houses complained about their health problems. After an investigation of these materials it was decided to demolish all “phenolic houses” in Moscow. There are probably only 3-4 houses like these in the entire city.

8. mrcann says:

there was only 1 (one) explosion. over the course of 20 minutes most part of the building collapsed. get your facts stright, up yas.

9. Doug says:

Great picture story. FYI, the word is “demolished” or maybe “dynamited”, not “demolited”(a non-existant word).

10. Acts_of_Atrocity says:

Naw, there was something like 3 or 4 explosions. I watched the goddamn evening news! :D

But it was yesterday, today they`r figuring out how to finish this monster.

11. Shizo says:

I don’t get it mrcann and Acts_of_Atrocity. Are you guys Russian? You sure don’t speak like Russians. :)
    But then again, neither do I..

12. Acts_of_Atrocity says:

ШE AЯE TEH ЯUSSIAИS, L0L. ШE СAИ SPEAK EИGLYSH VEЯУ ШELL.

Просто таки ниврот космически гламурно.

13. Shizo says:

Так в России говорить не учат! ;)
    На английском я имею ввиду. За границей обучались?

14. Russ, Ian says:

Shizo.
    У нас сейчас в России всему учат. Подготавливают к вторжению американской демократии. :)

15. Acts_of_Atrocity says:

Наоборот, мы уже давно готовимся к вторжению в США и отрабатываем методы психологической войны. Сердца и души невинной американской молодёжи будут порабощены Бизжалосной Крававай Гэбнёй.

16. BelarusGuy says:

Oh my god. Putin has done it again. Wasn’t 1999 enough? How many apartment bombings can Moscow stand? I mean, next thing you know they’ll be blaming the Chechens and it’s back to the Battle of Grozny. Ну как так можно жить?

17. Vanya says:

Ты о чём вообще?

18. mrcann says:

На английском я имею ввиду. За границей обучались?
    ^^^^^^
    угу- обучался, работал, жил почти 10 лет :)

19. hokker says:

LMAO!
    they probably just stuck couple of boxes of TNT in the basement and hoped that it would bring it down, ha ha.

they probably havent seen a movie of 911. that was some incredible work by explosive specialists.

20. GFYM says:

I hope more of these poor build soviet buildings will be demolished, and some better russian buildings erected.
    I have seen too many of these crooked throughout former soviet union, and some of them, just after 20 years, should have been torn down allready.

21. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along.
    I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading.Nice blog,I will keep visiting this blog very often.

22. Looks crazy what a mess !!!! Demolition looks like it was done in stages. Nothing compared to Calgary Demolition.