24 Russian Car Ad

Russian Car Ad

Posted on November 24, 2006 by team

This car model, VAZ 2109, was designed in late 70s, but this ad is from 90s. From Russian main TV channels. Can such ad motivate you buy something?

24 Responses to “Russian Car Ad”

1. Mattias says:

Perhaps it was a joke gone wild?

2. Dedjo says:

Don’t you think, that’s just clip of weird song?
    If not, please notice, that it is.

3. asd says:

I don’t know about that ad but towards the end of the soviet union my family was able to obtain a car just like that.

During soviet times it was not about whether you wanted to buy a car, it was about getting a permit from the state to allow you to get one. And I’m guessing that at the beginning of democratic russia people didn’t have money to buy any other cars anyway.

But the ad doesn’t look legit anyway.

The car was really bad, by the way. Broke down all the time, not to mention it was designed in the late seventies. They continued to sell it till about the year 2000.

4. asd says:

Also, here is a collection of soviet ads from estonia:

Most of them are for totally generic products, for instance oranges, lemons, cocao pudding, since there weren’t any brands. At the end of the commercial they would maybe show the name of the community farm that is producing the product.

Since the topic is cars, here is a commercial about a soviet small car, Zaporožets (ZAZ)

Clips from that commercial where also featured at the end of the Borat movie, to many peoples surprise.

5. macJoseph says:

I never see that video on our TV

6. Mich says:

This ad was ripped from a belgian tv channel but I don’t doubt it actually comes from russia.

7. Acts_of_Atrocity says:

This AD is dated 1993. Nouf` said.

8. dsfsda says:

Ok, is this Finnish anti-russian propaganda or what?

Keep up the good work, man, you’re going to kill me with laughter.

9. --pedantic says:

well, I can believe it’s a real ad. in early nineties people in exUSSR had no clue how the ad should look like, and there were tons of clumsy and/or bizarre commercials on tv just like this one. does anyone remember that crazy “ventilyatornyi zavod” or “tazobedrennyi sustav” commercials? I would love to see them again :)

btw, “position number one” etc. seem to be direct references to the popular (should I say cult?) russian movie Assa from 1987.

10. Acts_of_Atrocity says:

Fools.

11. Stephen says:

I’m motivated to raise one eyebrow and say….”Ummm….OK.”

12. siner says:

Ок, this video is from Orenburg TV Planeta! (local TV channel) Moreover, I know all those guys, who made that. Tell you what, This was the joke, prank, whatever you call it! This commercial is for local dealer. Haven’t u seen wierdo commercials for any local car dealers in US??? Post them here!

13. I heard this awful song which they’re covering (by Kai Metov, I think) in 1992 or 1993. Also, this looks rather like one of those silly ads we had in the first post-communist years.

14. Jalopnik says:

Partition Number One! Retro Russian Lada Ad…

Back in the 1990s, as the Russian military was re-orienting to the post-Cold War world, work was scarce. Many soldiers were forced to take jobs in the entertainment industry just to put boiled root vegetables on the table. Lucky……

15. tikka says:

What does “samara” mean?
    In hungarian Lada Samara means Lada’s donkey :)

16. jeff says:

I’m an American, and I’ve always wanted a Lada Niva. Other than that, I wouldn’t touch a Lada.

17. Oleg says:

What does “samara” mean?
    Samara is a name of city

18. Judge Mental says:

Why do Lada’s have a heated rear screen?
    To keep your hands warm!
    AAii Thank you!

19. Judge Mental says:

Don’t click on the above link it’s spam scum.

20. konstantin says:

russia 90’s like chicago 30’s! black lada samara(VAZ 2109) with dark black windows – it’s real gangster car :)

21. b-misi says:

Oh this is not from 90s, this is from EARLY 80s. (about 1983)

22. Opal Teston says:

I bookmarked this site a while ago because of the interesting content and I have never been unsatisfied. Continue the good work.

23. does anyone know a very realiable car dealer in greenwell springs LA ?;:;