19 Moscow Toilets

Moscow Toilets

Posted on November 19, 2006 by team

If you go travel Russia, visiting Moscow city, would suddenly get an urge for taking some action in a restroom.

Then there are two things you need to remember:

1. All the public restrooms in Moscow charge fee for use. You need to pay something before you can enter, by cash, they don't accept major credit cards.

2. After you would enter you can encounter something like this:

moscow city toilet

This one is a male restroom in Moscow city downtown.

moscow city toilet

And another thing: despite the daily sanitary measures all toilets smell badly.

19 Responses to “Moscow Toilets”

1. vasily says:

I would recommend using restrooms in shopping malls. They are pretty clean. I am not sure that all of them charge fee.

2. 4emist says:

and toilets in McDonalds they are superclean too=)

3. Sauri says:

yeah, mcdonalds is a famous worldwide net of free restrooms

4. Robert says:

Sauri, yup, that’s the only time I ever go inside McDonalds.

5. Acts_of_Atrocity says:

You know what?

“If you go travel USA, visiting NYC, would suddenly get an urge for taking some action in a restroom.

Then there are two things you need to remember:

1. All the public restrooms in NYC charge fee for use. You need to pay something before you can enter, by cash, they don’t accept major credit cards.

2. After you would enter you can encounter something like this:

[GOATSE.CX PICTURE]”

YES. AND THIS IS TRUE BECAUSE I POSTED THIS ON THE INTERNETS.

6. Chris Tann says:

At the GUM, the toilets downstairs charge for use, and smell terrible. The toilets upstairs are free, and very clean. I wish someone would explain that…

7. Yuri says:

I never saw any public restroom anywhere in the world accepting ‘major creditcards’ :)

8. dRE says:

In Europe you always have to pay for toilets, whether it’s in McDonalds or in central train station (unless you’re eating or drinking in some cafe). I never saw any free public restrooms. In Russia clean toilets are hard to find indeed (except for major shopping malls where you have to pay 10-15 rubles). And you can be sure that if a toilet is free, it will most likely not be clean!

9. Doug says:

Is that a security camera circled in the top picture? On the second picture, it looks like Chechen terrorists have taken over the toilet.

10. Kirill says:

web-cemera :)

11. mc says:

“Russia also has an exploding problem with AIDS (by 2020 its expected that 10% of the population will have it), and a vast array of other hygenic disasters.”

You can’t get AIDS from using a toliet

12. Aussie says:

I visited Russia twice in 1999 and on both occasions I enjoyed it very much. Unfortunately though the only thing that let it down was 2 things. The filthy toilets and loud mouthed septic tanks (americans. Now which is worst a toilet with a hole in the ground and no toilet paper or a loud mouth Yank. At least the it is possible to fix the toilet problem but impossible to fix small minded big headed people such as Eskafolon who going by most americans I have met and it is a lot probably think Russia is the 54th state as Australia is the 53rd. Have a look in your own cesspit before commenting on others. The average Russian I’ve met is 10 times more palatable than a Yank.

13. wushi says:

find a mcdonalds:)

14. Roger says:

@rawr:

It’s quite serious, dude:

Toilets make for dirty human, but it’s a deadly serious business. Quite simply, poorly managed human wastes kill people.

15. Yoron says:

Well, put a cork to it .

Simple solution, works until overloaded.
    how geysers are made.

16. Rey Devier says:

hi,nice pants in your post,I love thatgreatpants,I need to find one for me,bill

17. [...] that understand what living in the second world means. Especially if they’ve never been in a Russian public bathroom.  We’re going to try our hardest. Probably by exiling them to Russia until they are seven or [...]

18. Richard S. says:

The washrooms in the train stations were disgustingly awful! When I used a washroom in the GUM Shopping Center, it was a treat!