20 St. Petersburg, Another View

St. Petersburg, Another View

Posted on October 27, 2006 by team

Yet another view of St. Petersburg, by Alex.

St. Petersburg

St. PetersburgSt. Petersburg

Also see this:

20 Responses to “St. Petersburg, Another View”

1. pld says:

This is great. HDR photos [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging ] have become pretty popular on the web these days; and deservedly so. Of course, St. Petersburg is one of the most beautiful cities on the planet, I’ve visited twice, would like to more.

2. Braad Spitt says:

Sorry, generally I do like the pictures that you’re posting on this blog. These are really awful, I think. Such a terrible way of photoshopping images; typical example of overusing its features.

3. siner says:

Potoshop rules!

4. Aclan says:

These pictures are awesome.
    Do I have any chances of having larger versions of them (especially first and last)? It would be a great wallpaper :)

5. Dan says:

Can you please post a link to the artist’s website or gallery? It would be greatly appreciated.

6. Braad Spitt says:

I don’t really care what they are; whatever it its, it’s overused, and that makes them butt ugly in my opinion.

7. varske says:

I agree about them being overdone. When they are artistic, distortions show something interesting, but these look like those terrible trash paintings with lurid colours for sale in all cities for tourists wanting a souvenir.

8. Kaziamann says:

It sort of looks like City 17 from Half Life 2!

• mescovic says:

Actually city 17 is based on this city. They give many hints in the game. Baltic cafes, writing, building styles, canals, Also on website there hidden part you write a code into and gives the location for city 17 on a world map and same place where st. petersburg, is.

9. Braad Spitt says:

well, like I said I really really don’t care how they’re made and whatever you wanna call it. I’m even less interested in reading about it. Bottom line is: Whatever they are, in my opinion, this is absolutely tasteless kitsch. Really ugly stuff. They hurt my eyes.

10. Dido says:

Photoshop or HDR, the effects make he pictures seem very fake. It’s like those models on magazine ads. They’re edited to perfection but it looks so fake that it’s uglier than the actual person.

11. Evgeny says:

HDR photos, but pretty badly done. HDR is supposed to naturally enhance a photograph, not make it look “photoshopped”.

12. Bill says:

Well I’m impressed. You can see what Joseph Turner was trying to capture in his paintings. There are some qualities of light that are lost in standard photographs, and we’ve become used to seeing things a lot “flatter” than they are.

13. white_wyrm says:

Just GREAT. Bows to Alex. Really wonderful. Chernyshov bridge (2nd photo) is the best one :)

14. Alexa says:

Guys, take drugs first, then you will find a lot in common with these pictures

15. flipje says:

it looks so dutch.

16. commonman092 says:

it’s actually meant to mimic Amsterdam and Venice.
    That was Peter The Great’s vision when he started building st petersburg

17. American says:

Its good to know we are going to fry such an ugly country.