32 Vodka And Yoga

Vodka And Yoga

Posted on October 20, 2006 by team

It has been said that doing yoga is extremely helpful for the body health. One of the reasons for this is that yoga poses are very natural body positions and our body enjoys being in such a position, but the main problem to get this enjoyment feeling is to relief all the stress and tension in our muscles.

From the other side it’s known that vodka relaxes person to its maximum, and according to yoga one who relaxed can easily make complicated yoga exercises.

This guy proves that our body is OK with yoga.

russian man drunk too much

Update: Some more asanas:

russian yoga
You probably already noticed that some of the asanas from this set require a partner.

asana
Or some additional inventory.

32 Responses to “Vodka And Yoga”

1. Doug says:

Did he survive?

2. robin says:

This is one of the funniest, yet saddest things I have seen. I feel sorry for those poor men, but you are right, those look just like yoga positions! Very clever on your part.

3. Xavi says:

It seems that Mr.Putin & Co. also really think that getting drunk is a kind of healthy-harmless yoga, because in order to improve Russian shrinking population they only focus on raising the birth rate, while average* life expectancy for men was just 52,8 years in 2.002 (thanks, first of all, to “yoga”).

* That’s the average!!! In some northern regions men don’t survive beyond their mid 40s (like in poorest African countries).

Take a look at these links from World Health Organization:

Life expectancy chart Russian vs. Europe:

World statistics:

4. kudriaska says:

the last guys seems pretty much dead i must say.

poor guys

5. [DivX]Cristiano says:

LMFAO!!!

6. Flippy says:

That’s something you don’t get to see every day in America!

7. Robin from Belgium says:

This picture is one I, me, took last year at a party from my friend. We live in Flanders in Belgium, Europe. Says enough about your “research”…

8. [...] Neuvostoliiton romahduksen aikoihin oltiin huolissaan kansan alkoholisoitumisesta. Sitä pidettiin pahempana kansaa uhkaavana voimana, kuin sotaa.  Katso kuvia viinasta. [...]

9. Xavi says:

dRE,

If you already heard about it million times just dismiss it, but be sure there’s plenty of people out there ignoring that nowadays Russia has such decadent features.

Obviously there are drunken people everywhere, but no other country achieves Russian ‘outstanding’ rates.

No wish to be a smart-ass (as you disrespectfuly call me), just trying to point out reality. Being self-critic is the first step to improve things (I doubt you really care). It looks like your choice is to follow Putin’s speech, do nothing and comfort yourself thinking that things go the same way everywhere. Shame on you.

10. [...] 更多在这里, 这个反映前苏联古往今来情况的Blog蛮有意思的, 值得一看.比如下面那张警察抓反政府的女孩,看起来特兴奋,呵呵… [...]

11. dRE says:

“but be sure there’s plenty of people out there ignoring that nowadays Russia has such decadent features.”

Xavi: Just tell me honestly, why do you care so much about Russia’s problems that you’re putting so much effort into letting people know how “decadent” Russia is? Just give me an honest answer. I’m sure “plenty of people out there” would like to know that.
    Also, tell me what’s gonna change in those people’s minds once they know all the facts (like they don’t know them already) that you showed in your previous comment? That they’re gonna criticize (or possibly hate) Russia even more (like they don’t do that already)? Or what? What is your point? Let me know because I’m curious.

12. ЙУХ says:

Get falos in u fmericans ass

13. Ed Nomad says:

I want will apologize for all Russian people (I live in Moscow). Russia unfortunately very much, VERY WILD country. But not all in it such wild. Unfortunately this consequence of dictatorship of proletariat (Lenin, Stalin etc.)

14. [...] In englishRussia [...]

15. YogaDawg says:

Vodka and Yoga…too funny! Sometimes you don’t even need the Vodka to make Yoga funny.

16. [...] [EnglishRussia] Life can be stressful. You need to relax. How do you unwind? Listen to this podcast [...]

17. Erik says:

This is hilarious. Pure comedy genious. I love Russia, for that reason and that reason only :P

Also it’s not like anyone made them drink so I don’t feel sorry for them

18. after enrolling on a Yoga Class, i am not stress free and is more relaxed than ever. Yoga is really very helpful both in physical and mental health.

19. | body detox says:

i am currently enrolled in a Yoga class. the health benefits of Yoga on myself is great. I am more relaxed and i can sleep well at night.

20. RayJay says:

I’m sure the benefits of Yoga are superb, but just to relax nothing beats a good old bottle Jack Daniels. Hell, I use to get so relaxed I wouldn’t move for three days.

21. i do Yoga at leat three times a week. It helps me calm down my mind and ease away stress.

22. i practice Yoga purely for the purpose of reducing stress and it really works. Yoga keeps both of my mind and body relax.

23. i do Yoga everyday for the purpose of relaxation. Yoga really helps me in getting a very relaxed mind and body

24. Jemmah2 says:

I practice Yoga at home mainly for the purpose of having a relax mind and body. Stress is really high on our workplace and yoga helps me relax.

25. william smith says:

2. Yoga is a way of life, a conscious act, not a set or series of learning principles. The dexterity, grace, and poise you cultivate, as a matter of course, is the natural outcome of regular practice. You require no major effort. In fact trying hard will turn your practices into a humdrum, painful, even injurious routine and will eventually slow down your progress. Subsequently, and interestingly, the therapeutic effect of Yoga is the direct result of involving the mind totally in inspiring (breathing) the body to awaken. Yoga is probably the only form of physical activity that massages each and every one of the body’s glands and organs. This includes the prostate, a gland that seldom, if ever, gets externally stimulated in one’s whole life.

26. I have been doing Yoga since college and i love the way that it can relax my body. yoga is great for stress relief. *

27. my sister practices Yoga and i also find it interesting that is why i am also practicing Yoga now .-

28. [...] we have proof: Contrary to internet belief, the image below is not Russian Yoga. But we’ve their slogan just in [...]

29. Detox Diet  says:

yoga is very helpful with diabetes and also for stress/anxiety”`.

30. i always do Yoga every week because it is essential to my overall well being*”;